Article Lose with grace

maestrouzy

I have often observed kids and adults play. Based on my observation as well as experience, I have made an effort to focus on a serious issue that has an impact on the personality of these kids as they grow up.
Since childhood, kids are used to winning when playing with parents and those they love. Elders do this out of love and to make the kids happy. But you should know that for everything a child experiences or goes through, it has an effect, an impact that lasts as long as he or she lives.
Winning is good. Encourage and motivate them to work hard to win. Teach them to lose gracefully. Teach them that it is not always important to win every game, every competition, and every battle. Losing could either make the child lose confidence and he gives up hope or makes him revengeful and hateful towards others. Very few kids take it in their stride, take the loss as a challenge to move forward, to do much better in life and improve.

This is necessary-to be graceful even when losing. Even when you lose, you need to pat yourself and say, "Alhamdulillah, I tried and I will do better next time, insha Allah."A tear or two is alright. You are a human. Take a deep breath. Go out and congratulate the winners. Praise them and
make Dua for them. You are a Muslim.

Last edited by a moderator: