Mahram or not?

lozlg

Muslima for 1 year!
Assalam Alaikum, I have a quick question. I need to ask a scholar really but does anyone know where i can ask one online?

I would like to know if my husbands daughter's (my step daughter) half sister (who is 4yrs old) is mahram to my husband. I previously asked this question and an imam replied yes but im not sure if he misunderstood the question so need to ask again. She is not blood related to my husband.

lozlg

Muslima for 1 year!
just received a reply from another scholar on the matter. Here is the answer if anyone would like to know.

The Question about Mahram stemmed from the response from Assim Al-Hakeem, and it has been clarified that the Husband is in fact considered a Mahram (un-marryable man) to the ex-wife's other daughter due to this hadith:

From the hadith of Umm Habeebah (RA) who said:

I said: "O Messenger of Allah! Marry my sister, the daughter of Abu Sufyan." The prophet said: "Would you like that?" I replied, "Yes, i am your only wife, and I wish for my sister to share in this goodness". The prophet said: "But she is not lawful for me". I said: " O messenger of Allah, by Allah we have heard that you want to marry the daughter of Abu Salamah". He said: "You mean the daughter of Umm Salamah?". I said "yes". He said: "Even if she were not my step-daughter, she would be unlawful for me to marry as she is my foster nience. I and Abu salamah were suckled by Thuwaybah, so you should not present ro me your daughters or sisters in marriage."

Sahih Al-Bukhari

lozlg

Muslima for 1 year!
So, the Prophet said that she is not lawful for him
for two reasons:1. she is his step daughter. She is the daughter of Umm Salamah and Abu Salamah. Abu Salmah died and Umm Salamah got married to the prophet

ShyHijabi

I think it's fairly straight forward, she shares no blood with the husband. It's like this, i marry my husband but my sisters are nonmahrem to my husband.

This child is a the half-sister to this man's daughter, but the blood is not through a relation so they share no connection.