Makkah all set for last week of Ramadhan.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
:bismillah:
:salam2:
Greeting!

How are you brothers and sisters?
~May Allah swt reward the best of health to you and your family~Amin!

Makkah all set for last week of Ramadhan.

Riyadh: Makkah is prepared for the last week of Ramadan when the number of pilgrims coming to the city is expected to peak.

Many Muslims are keen to do etikaf (isolation for worship) at the Grand Mosque during these final 10 days of fasting.

King Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz said he was keen to be in Makkah during the last 10 days of Ramadan to personally follow up the services being provided to pilgrims and visitors.

Thousands of pilgrims from the UAE have been in Makkah and Madinah from the start of Ramadan.

Five pilgrims from the UAE spoke to Gulf News about their experience in Makkah.

Mohammad Al Mulla, Abdullah Al Shehi, Seif Al Zari, Jamal Al Mazroui and Ali Al Saeedi said they were having rewarding time spiritually.

The UAE citizens staying in Madinah had started to proceed to Makkah to spend the last 10 days of Ramadan in the Grand Mosque and perform the Eid Al Fitr prayer there. They were also to attend the conclusion of Holy Quran recitation on night 28 of Ramadhan, inside the Holy Haram.

Vice-President of the affairs of the Holy Harams, Dr Mohammad Al Khozaim, told Gulf News that the presidency's plan for pilgrims during Ramadan was to spread serenity and tranquillity among them, and provide them with all the services they needed to be able to dedicate their time to worship and supplication.

He said more than 1,756 male and female employees would serve the pilgrims, while more than 2,500 workers would help keep the Haram clean, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Director of Civil Defence Brigadier Jameel Arbaeen said more than 4,200 officers and privates from the Civil Defence equipped with 800 vehicles, water trucks and rescue devices, were working round-the-clock to ensure that Makkah was safe and that its residents and visitors were protected from any hazards.

Services

He said 300 officers would be ready to provide ambulance services in the Haram while 92 firefighting brigades had been posted to the central area around the Grand Mosque.

Brigadier Arbaeen said 300 motorcycles would be deployed for fast intervention, assisted by 10 evacuation units, in the case of an emergency.

He added that there were 23 units on patrol, and 110 units assigned to monitor and ensure safety measures in Makkah were observed.

The Directorate of the Security of the Haram said it had installed 757 thermal cameras to follow up the movements of pilgrims inside the Grand Mosque and that it had stationed 1,800 security men and 25 officers in the Haram to take care of security.

Thank you for reading.

~May Allah swt shower blesses upon all muslim~Amin!

~Salam Ramadhan Kariim Al Mubarak!

Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam :)

Pls click for larger image(Thank you)
V

Attachments

• A general view of the Grand Mosque (centre), with the Makkah Clock at rear. Muslims around the w.jpg
    A general view of the Grand Mosque (centre), with the Makkah Clock at rear. Muslims around the w.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Many Muslims are keen to do Etikaf (isolation for worship) at the Grand Mosque during these fina.jpg
    Many Muslims are keen to do Etikaf (isolation for worship) at the Grand Mosque during these fina.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 50

TriniMujahid

Clock

That giant clock is obscene, looks like saudi gov is trying to make Makkah more of a tourist destination than a religious one! this is saddening

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
That giant clock is obscene, looks like saudi gov is trying to make Makkah more of a tourist destination than a religious one! this is saddening

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brother,

Surah Al-'Asr
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7ZIbuMl8Fw&feature=related

:ma:
It perfect!!!
Just a humble clock to tell time is no obscene bro :)
The right place at the right time .

~May Allah swt guide and help you brother~Amin!

Ramadhan Al Mubarak!

Thank you
Take Care!

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Alhamdulillah!

Jazakallah Sister! I like to do Umrah in the Month of Ramazan! Pls pray.....

Wassalaam!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alhamdulillah!

~May Allah swt fulfilled your wonderful wish brother~Amin!

Ramadhan Al Mubarak to you and you family

Thank you,
Take Care!

dna1987

Muslim Guy

What the...

I had no idea that this clock was being built!! I googled some of the pictures now, it looks gigantic! And on youtube, they've already built quite a bit!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7R4IQuwDiE

The top two comments on that youtube link is:
pkman11 said:
"This building is the 21st century Tower of Babel. I am a Christian and I think it is insulting to God that the kingdom of Saudi Arabia would build this basically on top of the most sacred Muslim mosque. I love skyscrapers but that is just wrong. It glorifies themselves and not god."

m0i0d7i said:
: "Big Ben in Mecca The people who build this clock in Mecca Al-Haram are the same people who build the church-clocks in Europe. These architects only love (money and Power) for their own profit not for the love of Islam.
The Mecca Tower is only 40 meters away from Mecca Al Haram. This building is extremly dangerous because it is with its 545 meters too high and too big.
We call KING ABDULLAH in the name of ALLAH to STOP the clock tower project in Mecca ???"

I must say that I am a big fan of large structures (bridges and skyscrapers), but this clock tower is very distracting...it's also costing $3 billion ($3,000,000,000) to build at the moment, as long as there are no complications, in which case it will cost much more. I hope there are no poor people that require any financial assistance in Saudi Arabia.

EDIT: On a side note, my mum and older brother will be going to hajj this year inshAllah (in a month!). Assalam alaikum.

EDIT #2: Ok, so I'm still looking at different youtube videos about this new clock. Conspiracy theory coming up:
These architects have constructed with this Mecca Tower building the biggest cross in the world.
From the top and from the outside and from the back this building looks like a giant cross. You can see it with your own eyes you dont need proof .

I hope not!

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I agree the clock looks very strange next to the Kaaba.

Eyes should be drawn towards our holy Kaaba. But instead, that giant clock looming over and dwarfing the kaaba is doing nothing but pulling our eyes towards it instead.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Allah swt is the best providers!

What the...

I had no idea that this clock was being built!! I googled some of the pictures now, it looks gigantic! And on youtube, they've already built quite a bit!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7R4IQuwDiE

The top two comments on that youtube link is:

I must say that I am a big fan of large structures (bridges and skyscrapers), but this clock tower is very distracting...it's also costing $3 billion ($3,000,000,000) to build at the moment, as long as there are no complications, in which case it will cost much more. I hope there are no poor people that require any financial assistance in Saudi Arabia.

EDIT: On a side note, my mum and older brother will be going to hajj this year inshAllah (in a month!). Assalam alaikum.

EDIT #2: Ok, so I'm still looking at different youtube videos about this new clock. Conspiracy theory coming up:

I hope not!

I agree the clock looks very strange next to the Kaaba.

Eyes should be drawn towards our holy Kaaba. But instead, that giant clock looming over and dwarfing the kaaba is doing nothing but pulling our eyes towards it instead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qXLo752uOg
Surah Al-Jumah

I like to apologise if what i'll be saying next did hurt any people but i still have to speak out like these two brothers speaking their opnion :)

brother dna1987,i guess it's none of your business so keep the mind your own !

Tabassum07,Focus is in oneself to control so if you think you have some difficulty with this try to practice focusing more!

Thank you for reading my Thread.

Take Care!

~Wassalam .