MAS Video from Austin Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

amira87

I love Allah
I am moving to Austin soon with my older sister and I saw that they have a muslim american society. I am soo excited to move there with my sister....inshallah. Okay I just wanted to post this video that I saw on the muslim american society website. Is anyone here living in Austin Texas? Let me know because I can't wait to meet the muslims that live in that area.

ok here is the link to the video: *removed*

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
It would be hot if I saw a Dominican Muslim. That's what I want to do when I grow up, give Dawah in the Dominican Republic and so people will come out of their darkness.

amira87

I love Allah
ok here is the link to the video: *removed*[/QUOTE].........because it has music? are you serious......what about nasheeds? Why is it that soooo many people get more into learning about islam when there is fun involved...islam isn't a boring religion....it is full of light and brings warmth to the heart. Plz don't throw my video down the trash because "it has music in it....haram, haram, haram!" We need to find more ideologies to prove this point.....am I right or am I just right? Little children deserve to experience some creativity in their islam......why not......this video could have touched alot of souls on TTI, why prevent that. Videos like this are the reason why people wake up in the world.....because they actually understand the interpretation. Okay then.....I guess this is "your" philosophy on islam. Thx for deleting my video, because YOUR opinion matters more than others. Salam

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
ok here is the link to the video: *removed*.........because it has music? are you serious......what about nasheeds? Why is it that soooo many people get more into learning about islam when there is fun involved...islam isn't a boring religion....it is full of light and brings warmth to the heart. Plz don't throw my video down the trash because "it has music in it....haram, haram, haram!" We need to find more ideologies to prove this point.....am I right or am I just right? Little children deserve to experience some creativity in their islam......why not......this video could have touched alot of souls on TTI, why prevent that. Videos like this are the reason why people wake up in the world.....because they actually understand the interpretation. Okay then.....I guess this is "your" philosophy on islam. Thx for deleting my video, because YOUR opinion matters more than others. Salam

Quite frankly, you're wrong and just wrong! There is no right in that which is haraam. If there was any good in using music to draw peoples attention (as in the video), then surely the Messenger of Allaah, sal-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam would've have urged as to it, seeing that he urged us to every good, and cautioned us from every evil. I remind you that turning to Islaam means turning to that which is halaal and not haraam. I didn't remove your video but please do refrain from unnecessary public ranting and follow the guidance of the Sunnah by making complaints to those in authority ( in this case the mods, admins).

No one changes over night, but as Muslims we do our best to better our selves, work righteous deeds and leave off sins. We want to draw nearer to Allaah. So if we do something wrong in Islaam, it is between us and Allaah. However if we are doing something unislamic (meaning haraam) we do not call to it. Hence the promotion of anything unislamic is not permitted on this site, and can incur sin on ones own self!

As for looking at the matter of music in the background of an "Islamic" video as light and not so great, well then look at the greatness of the One whose commands you are contradicting/ignoring/disobeying, in other words, your Lord's! It's prohibition is clear in Islaam, only the people of desire and disease consider it halaal, minus those whom the evidence has not reached. It is not a matter of opinions, its about facts and fact is that music is haraam. The matter needs no dispute, as anyone who has read the Qur'aan and the well known books of hadeeth and tafseer will know of its prohibition.

Facts matter, opinions are disregarded. This isn't my opinion (or mod Samiha's), this is fact with precedence in the Book and Sunnah. Please use the search feature to find some relevant information on Music in light of the Qur'aan and Sunnah, read Surah Luqmaan with its tafseer, read what the four Imams have said and inshaa Allaah the matter will become crystal clear.

Jazaakillaah khayr.

Was-salaamu `alaykum

Status
Not open for further replies.