Masjid was full for Fajr - I hated it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
:salam:

This thread is still alive? hm.

There's a long quote by sufyaan Ath-Thawree rahimahullaah, i'll share a little bit of it. He said:
"Keep yourself busy in remembering your faults, so that you have no time to remember the faults of others."

Don't be so quick to judge others. None of us are free from falling into error. The condition of our hearts are constantly changing and fitnah among us is increasing by the minute. And if you see one wrong from your Muslim brothers, advice then gently first before painting them all with the same brush. If not for their well being or staying true to the teaching of the prophet :saw: who said the deen is sincere advice, then at least do it in hopes of getting the same treatment from them when you one day end up in the same state.

And the word munaafiq should not be thrown around so carelessly subhaanallaah.
If only you could comprehend what was prepared for them...
"The hypocrites will be in the lowest depths of the Fire and never will you find for them a helper" (An-Nisaa':145)

`Umar ibn Al-Khattab radiyallahu `anhu once said: "Do not think badly of a word uttered by your brother when you can find a good interpretation for it."
The same can be said for your brother's actions. Have good thoughts of him inshaa'Allaah, as you do not know what is in their hearts and also at the end of the day, a believer is a mirror of the believer. What you see of them could very well be a reflection of what's within you.

May Allaah `azza wa jalla guide us all.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
thank you sister for the reminder,but I remain of the idea that times are changed,everything's going towards the conclusion and what brother Abu Loren has posted here reflects in part the moments that had been written many centuries ago.there is not to be surprised,it's normal that as human beings we try to be always better than others,he was sincere in his post and I agreed with him,it doesn't mean that I judge easily.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
thank you sister for the reminder,but I remain of the idea that times are changed,everything's going towards the conclusion and what brother Abu Loren has posted here reflects in part the moments that had been written many centuries ago.there is not to be surprised,it's normal that as human beings we try to be always better than others,he was sincere in his post and I agreed with him,it doesn't mean that I judge easily.

Brother Abu Loren started the thread to vent, I believe, and there's nothing wrong with that and I don't doubt that he was sincere in his original post. But, ukht, we can't always complain about things we've never tried to change. It's your duty and their right to advice and correct a fellow Muslim if you see them in the wrong.
May Allaah purify our hearts and intentions.

Seeking Peace

Brother Abu Loren started the thread to vent, I believe, and there's nothing wrong with that and I don't doubt that he was sincere in his original post. But, ukht, we can't always complain about things we've never tried to change. It's your duty and their right to advice and correct a fellow Muslim if you see them in the wrong.
May Allaah purify our hearts and intentions.
Assalam-o-Alaikum...

please sister Janaan close this thread before we brothers and sisters say any hurtful thing to each other....

JazakAllah-o-Khair...

W'S...

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
... close this thread before we brothers and sisters say any hurtful thing to each other...
Agreed.

The brother made his point and some good advice was given. Alhamdulillah. This is another topic which is very likely to recur but is showing signs of getting heated. Let's nip this one in the bud before that can happen.

May Allah swt reward with good those of you who care enough about those people to debate them. Let those of us who will never meet them remember them in our Dua, and let us think on those similar people we have in our own communities. Let us pray Allah guides the brother who posted, and eases his annoyance. May Allah protect us all from the sharpness of our tongues, and may we forgive each other any unkindness spoken. Ameen.

Status
Not open for further replies.