May Allah Forgive me Subhanallah read this pls my Dear Brothers And Sisters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kashmiri

Asalaam Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakathuhu.

This fatwa is aimed for women but inshallah men can learn from it too.

Ruling on a woman taking part in forums and discussions with men

Question:
What is the ruling on woman partaking in forums? And women discussing issues with men? Is joking with men on forums haram? What is the ruling on using the different icons of emotions like smiles? Is using private messaging between a man and a woman to enquire something or ask for help permissible? Is it permissible for the woman to write “hahahaha” (laugh)? May Allah reward you, Please answer my questions accurately to assure my heart.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

It is permissible for a woman to take part in public forums so long as she adheres to the following conditions:

1 – She should take part only as much as is necessary, so she may put her question or say what she has to say, then leave, and she should not comment except as is essential, because the basic principle is that she should refrain from speaking with men and mixing with them.

2 – Her speech should not include anything that may provoke fitnah, such as jokes, soft speech or laughter, such as writing “hahahahaha” as mentioned in the question, or using emoticons to represent smiles, because that may lead to the one in whose heart is a disease being moved with desire, as in the verse (interpretation of the meaning):

“O wives of the Prophet! You are not like any other women. If you keep your duty (to Allaah), then be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease (of hypocrisy, or evil desire for adultery) should be moved with desire, but speak in an honourable manner”

[al-Ahzaab 33:32].

3 – She should avoid giving her e-mail address or corresponding privately with any of the men, even if that is by seeking help, because such correspondence usually leads to emotional attachment and provocation of fitnah.

4 – It is better for a woman to take part only in forums for women. This is safer for her. There are many such forums and there is a lot of good in them. If she needs to take part in public forums then it is better for her to choose a username that does not show that she is female.

And Allaah knows best.

wasalam

virtualeye

Tamed Brother

Wasalaams

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=92196&ln=eng

AssalaamuAlaikum,

Yes , it is totally correct.

It is a common tendency of people that they start to imagine and portray about other members in the forum. You cant totally judge a person on the forum. For example, many people on this forum thought that I am a pious kind of person, while the people who are around me, they think I am kind of an awkward person. :angryred: :angryblue:

So, Brothers (and Sister specially) please avoid imaginations and avoid becoming a fountain of laughs.

Thanks,
Wassalaam,
VE

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
:salam2:

Thanx 4 sharing!!

I guess i need to learn how 2 keep my big mouth Shut, i hope i can be able 2 do it!!!!

WOW!!! What im doing now is not permissable!!!

Insha Allah i will try to limit my writing!!

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Can't this go both ways?

It can, but men are more prone to thoughts and feelings from a woman's conduct than women are to a man. The point is, we all need to conduct ourselves and post purposefully and think about our actions, the harm that could be caused etc, and I think many people need to east off a bit with the emoticons. May Allaah aid us and direct us to obedience to him, ameen.

omooba

asalam aleikum

how can someone writing hahahaha cause disease in someones heart i am not saying anything about the fatwa but that is pretty strange since all we are to each other are typed letters

i get the thing about men and women correspoding privately but causing fitna by putting a smiley face on the internet is a bit of an extreme example wouldnt you say?

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
asalam aleikum

how can someone writing hahahaha cause disease in someones heart i am not saying anything about the fatwa but that is pretty strange since all we are to each other are typed letters

i get the thing about men and women correspoding privately but causing fitna by putting a smiley face on the internet is a bit of an extreme example wouldnt you say?

Believe me, I'm not saying anything about myself, but I can understand and agree with this fatwa fully. By disease my understanding was that a bro may think, "oh she's this, oh she's that" and may incline towards her, that in itself is a disease! If you think this is not possible, then your in error lol.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member

Ruling on a woman taking part in forums and discussions with men

Question:
What is the ruling on woman partaking in forums? And women discussing issues with men? Is joking with men on forums haram? What is the ruling on using the different icons of emotions like smiles? Is using private messaging between a man and a woman to enquire something or ask for help permissible? Is it permissible for the woman to write “hahahaha” (laugh)? May Allah reward you, Please answer my questions accurately to assure my heart.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

It is permissible for a woman to take part in public forums so long as she adheres to the following conditions:

1 – She should take part only as much as is necessary, so she may put her question or say what she has to say, then leave, and she should not comment except as is essential, because the basic principle is that she should refrain from speaking with men and mixing with them.

2 – Her speech should not include anything that may provoke fitnah, such as jokes, soft speech or laughter, such as writing “hahahahaha” as mentioned in the question, or using emoticons to represent smiles, because that may lead to the one in whose heart is a disease being moved with desire, as in the verse (interpretation of the meaning):

“O wives of the Prophet! You are not like any other women. If you keep your duty (to Allaah), then be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease (of hypocrisy, or evil desire for adultery) should be moved with desire, but speak in an honourable manner”

[al-Ahzaab 33:32].

3 – She should avoid giving her e-mail address or corresponding privately with any of the men, even if that is by seeking help, because such correspondence usually leads to emotional attachment and provocation of fitnah.

4 – It is better for a woman to take part only in forums for women. This is safer for her. There are many such forums and there is a lot of good in them. If she needs to take part in public forums then it is better for her to choose a username that does not show that she is female.

And Allaah knows best.

wasalam

Assalamu aleikum
So now we start interpreting Sunnah in our way or what is going on here?
Let's leave every soul to Allah.And look at ourselves and be responsible for our acrtions.Instead of inventing something.

It's been long time I didn't here any word of respect to women in this site...

salam to all

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Assalamu aleikum
So now we start interpreting Sunnah in our way or what is going on here?
Let's leave every soul to Allah.And look at ourselves and be responsible for our acrtions.Instead of inventing something.

It's been long time I didn't here any word of respect to women in this site...

salam to all

Actually sister, it is a fatwa, the sister didn't give it herself. It seems that the mufti's name has been removed from the bottom, and that becomes more apparent when you look to see that the first post has been edited. The fatwa was taken from www.islamqa.com.

We do leave the people for Allaah to judge, but that doesnt mean we do not (meaning the scholars of Islaam not us personally) clarify the halaal and the haraam. Most of what I read in the fatwa, has clear textual proofs in the sunnah to indicate as such.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Actually sister, it is a fatwa, the sister didn't give it herself. It seems that the mufti's name has been removed from the bottom, and that becomes more apparent when you look to see that the first post has been edited. The fatwa was taken from www.islamqa.com.

We do leave the people for Allaah to judge, but that doesnt mean we do not clarify the halaal and the haraam. Most of what I read in the fatwa, has clear textual proofs in the sunnah to indicate as such.

ok ,thanks

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
ASAk Bros and Sis

ASAK,
All i would say to this is you will be judged based on your intention and Allah Taala knows best what your intentions are. be it brothers and sisters fear Allah before writing, While writing and after writing....as well as before reading, while reading and after reading.....so that no evil thoughts come to you while you read or write the posts.

JAK

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
ASAK,
All i would say to this is you will be judged based on your intention and Allah Taala knows best what your intentions are. be it brothers and sisters fear Allah before writing, While writing and after writing....as well as before reading, while reading and after reading.....so that no evil thoughts come to you while you read or write the posts.

JAK

Agree. Always check ur intention before doing anything...Make sure it is for the sake of Allah

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
I feel that from now on, start thinking brothers as brothers and sisters as brothers because you never know who is who in internet forums. May be some brothers are sisters in disguise or some sisters are brothers in disguise.

But the important thing is to have good Niyaah in our hearts and understand the situation. Also we should stop joking in serious topics because a lot of brothers and sisters are emotional so we think that the guy is making fun of the whole matter.

Muslim brothers do not disrespect Muslim sisters, similarly Muslim sisters do not disrespect Muslim brothers.
We are One Ummah, so we respect our Family members. So brothers and sisters, stop judging or misunderstanding. It might be that the brother (or sister) might not mean what he is writing in his (or her) post.

We all make mistakes, intentionally or unintentionally, knowingly or unknowingly. We should try to forgive each other and work for the Ummah, for the sake of Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala, for the sake of Tawheed, for the sake of La Ilaha Illallah.

I love you all for the sake of Allah Subhanahu wa Taala alone.

wa/salam

sky_012

well , this problem shouldn't be encountered in reality,
because normally, others forums are useless and if u go there to do chat, it's not good anyways

and if u come on tii, then u don't care about genders etc... i never even saw before replying if there is a boy , a girl , what interests me is the info, that's all, rest i don't really care , wt we talk about here is exchanging good ideas, then if not, there are so many others places to chat with females and males lol

OnlyOne

It can, but men are more prone to thoughts and feelings from a woman's conduct than women are to a man.

Although I completely disagree with this statement because it lacks universality and is based on a generalization, or assumption, I think that you're next statement sums it up in the best manner:

The point is, we all need to conduct ourselves and post purposefully and think about our actions, the harm that could be caused etc, and I think many people need to east off a bit with the emoticons. May Allaah aid us and direct us to obedience to him, ameen.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best

Why is it that women are always expected to bite their tongues? Are the men intimidated or does the words written on the computer turn men on ?
(I'm only half serious BTW):wasalam:

Status
Not open for further replies.