Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Misconception: Muslims Hate Jesus
Source: Islamic Awareness
Article ID : MSC010007 [4976]

==========================

Misconception: Muslims hate Jesus

Many non-Muslims are surprised to find out that according to Muslim belief, Jesus, the son of Mary, is one of the greatest messengers of God. Muslims are taught to love Jesus, and a person cannot be a Muslim without believing in the virgin birth and miracles of Jesus Christ, peace be upon him. Muslims believe these things about Jesus not because of the Bible or any other religion, but simply because the Holy Qur'an says these things about him. However, Muslims always emphasize that the miracles of Jesus, and all other prophets, were by "God's permission". This having been said, many Christians feel to not believe that Jesus is the "Son of God", "God Incarnate" or the "Third Person" of the Trinity. This is because the Qur'an clearly says that Almighty God does not have a "Son" --- neither allegorically, physically, metaphorically or metaphysically. The Pure Monotheism of Islam rejects the notion of "defining" God (which is basically what the "Doctrine of the Trinity" does), saying that someone is "like" God or equal to him, or praying to someone else besides God. Also, Islam teaches that titles such as "Lord" and "Savior" are due to God alone. In order to avoid misunderstanding, it should be clarified that when Muslims criticize the Bible or the teachings of Christianity, they are not attacking "God's Word" or Jesus Christ, peace be upon him. From the Muslim point of view, they are defending Jesus and God's Word --- which they have in the form of the Qur'an. Muslim criticism is targeted at writings that some people claim are God's word, but Muslim's simply don't accept their claim that they are really God's word in toto. Additionally, Christian doctrines such as the Trinity and the Atonement are criticized by Muslims precisely because they did not originate from Jesus, peace be upon him. In this way, Muslims are the true followers of Jesus, peace be upon him, because they defend him from the exaggerations of the Christians and teach the Pure Monotheism that Jesus himself followed.

Ali_Ibrahim

asalamu alaikum brother islamicfajr. I am new to this site and i've been veiwing a lot of your posts and masha allah, you are one blessed brother. If you don't mind, I would also like to add-on to your post on isa alaihi salam.

Alhamdulilah, i've established connections with many christians and me being who i am, i love to talk about my deen and i couldn't help but respond to your posts with a few convos i've have in regards to this misconception. In christianity, the trinity clearly states that isa is not the person to worship, but through his good deeds and his sacrifice, that they should follow his ways in order to feel closer to their perception of god. I say perception of god so i do not commit shirk. Trinity has 3 things in which work in perfect union to form one god, so really it's one thing, but 3 bodies. trinity is a belief that man, spirit and ghost equal the greatest thing on earth so they don't believe in jesus ya brother, they believe through him, is the way to 'god'. many christians do believe allah is a human and that he is someone like jesus, but as muslims we know the truth behind this falsehood. Although we know this, it is our duty to let them know who he is, and it's basically the islamic perception of god because if you think about it, no monothesitic religion has a name for their god. that's where the misconception comes from. As muslims i feel there should be a greater connection with christians and jews because we need this in our hayat to make ourselves stronger by gaining more knowledge on our society. I just wanted to clear things up with you my brother, because although you say people misconcieve what islam is about, we misconcieve what they also believe too. It's only fair to understand where they come from and we have to understand their teachings so we can derrive a meaning from their daily lives. They also do believe we disrespect isa and that we don't honor him but what they don't see is the fact that the quran talks about all prophets saas. It's not only on their part, but as muslims we are lazy to the extent that we classify them as what we see them worshipping but instead it's only a part of god. They are also lazy to the extent where they believe whats being portrayed in the media is islam. Both descendants of these 2 religions need to come together so that no misconception can happen. Allah swt tells us to establish connections with ahlul kitab and i clearly think that's it's so we can get an understanding of what they preach and vise versa. thank you.

Karima

NICE WAY TO EXPLAIN!

As muslims i feel there should be a greater connection with christians and jews because we need this in our hayat to make ourselves stronger by gaining more knowledge on our society. I just wanted to clear things up with you my brother, because although you say people misconcieve what islam is about, we misconcieve what they also believe too. It's only fair to understand where they come from and we have to understand their teachings so we can derrive a meaning from their daily lives.

GREAT SUGGESTION!

the trinity clearly states that isa is not the person to worship, but through his good deeds and his sacrifice, that they should follow his ways in order to feel closer to their perception of god. I say perception of god so i do not commit shirk. Trinity has 3 things in which work in perfect union to form one god, so really it's one thing, but 3 bodies. trinity is a belief that man, spirit and ghost equal the greatest thing on earth so they don't believe in jesus ya brother, they believe through him, is the way to 'god'.

This kind of reminds me of how the muslims treat Muhammad, as a way to live for Allah...both jesus and Muhammad are messengers to the same God and only one God that they both refer to. God/Allah.

Sallam