Music Instruments and CDs

Raed

Muslim Student
:salam2: brothers and sisters....

In my ignorance days, i used to have music intrumets (guitar, amplifier, etc..) and music CDs (about 100 rock CDs) ... and they are still there in a big box in my capboard..... what i should do with them? sell them? throw them? give em to someone? or just leave them ?

please help

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
:salam2:

Can you not erase what`s on the CDs and replace them with halal material? If you cannot do that, then do not sell it, because it is most likely that the one who buys it from you will use it for idle entertainment and all the haraam things for which it is used. Rather you should destroy what you have of such things, so as to get rid of evil, and you will be rewarded for that.

Regarding the amplifier, if you find someone whom you think will most likely use them for permissible things, then there is nothing wrong with your selling them to him.

Based on a fatwa on Islam Q&A

Steve940

Asalamu alaikum,

I don't know exactly what should be done Islamically, but for me it would make the most sense to throw them away. If you sell them, you are selling something that is haram. If you give them away, it is encouraging whoever receives them to play them, which is haram. So you can either leave them or throw them away, if it was me I would toss them.

Hope this helps

Asalamu alaikum

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

Think about it this way bro. Say you were a drug addict (alhamdullilah you're not!). And you decided enough was enough and you cleaned up your act. Would you then donate your remaining stash of illegal drugs to another poor soul? I don't think so:)

wasalam

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah

Think about it this way bro. Say you were a drug addict (alhamdullilah you're not!). And you decided enough was enough and you cleaned up your act. Would you then donate your remaining stash of illegal drugs to another poor soul? I don't think so:)

wasalam

Excelent Example . Brother

Raed

Muslim Student
Thanks to all brothers for your replay....
I think i will keep them for now until the day i find out how i can detroy them in an enviroment friendly way..
At the begining i thought to sell em to an musical shop so they will sell it,,, but in that way its like I encourage other people to buy it from them in cheaper price or higher .. so same thing ....
So as i said destroy the haram things is the best.

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA
Thanks to all brothers for your replay....
I think i will keep them for now until the day i find out how i can detroy them in an enviroment friendly way..
At the begining i thought to sell em to an musical shop so they will sell it,,, but in that way its like I encourage other people to buy it from them in cheaper price or higher .. so same thing ....
So as i said destroy the haram things is the best.

I gave up music shortly after I reverted...it was exceptionally difficult. I had around 1500 CDs (I was a music NUT), and hundreds of magazines, etc. I knew that music was haraam, so I decided not to listen anymore...I didn't destroy them though, I sold them. Because at the time, I didn't know about the concept of haraam earnings. I made a LOT of money (remember I said I had 1000s of CDs...well I sold them all on eBay for a minimum price of £5 each...you do the math).

It was only after I'd long since spent the money (I paid my off some of my student loan) that I was informed that it wasn't wise to sell them!

So I resolved to "pay back" every single penny (plus more) that I earned from my sales into charitable causes. Needless to say, I'm still paying it back now!

:wasalam:

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
I have a friend who sells records and CDs for a living. I'm just going to let him take them and let him keep the cash.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
I had around 40DVD's of songs,music, movies till few years back. Alhamdulillah I destroyed them all. I feel happy that I got rid of that addiction. Allahu Akbar

mubashirhasan

first of all u shud percieve that ,,,the cd's dvd's u bought,were financed by ur parents or u urself bought them with ur money...
if those were financed by ur parents...
then conceive that ur 1000 cd's dvd's emanated from ur parent's money...
it's not a joke...to spend their investment in amusements then throw them as if u bought them with no effort....imagine that how much hard work is needed for the parents or gaurdians to stablize the family....
brother think...about it...and if u really want to throw them regardless of the fact that ur parents invested them...then bro take a ise advice i.e u shuld return all the money equal ur collection to ur parents...

on the contrary if u bought them of ur own money...then brother throw them like helll....
god bless you...

Raed

Muslim Student
first of all u shud percieve that ,,,the cd's dvd's u bought,were financed by ur parents or u urself bought them with ur money...
if those were financed by ur parents...
then conceive that ur 1000 cd's dvd's emanated from ur parent's money...
it's not a joke...to spend their investment in amusements then throw them as if u bought them with no effort....imagine that how much hard work is needed for the parents or gaurdians to stablize the family....
brother think...about it...and if u really want to throw them regardless of the fact that ur parents invested them...then bro take a ise advice i.e u shuld return all the money equal ur collection to ur parents...

on the contrary if u bought them of ur own money...then brother throw them like helll....
god bless you...

Brother, some of them from my parents money and most of em from my own, but my parents didnt agree that i should pay to buy those things, they dont like it, and if i tell them what i should do with those they will tell me destroy them, they have no problem with that... they used to give me money to buy something useful, but i used to buy CDs and stuff with the money

asabr

Asalam alaikum wr/wb
I destroyed all my cd's & musical stuff and donated some materials to muslims. But I still have some expensive high heels and sports jerseys from the so called "icons" that I had :astag: . A lot of people want to buy them coz they know I have them but I'm hesitant to sell them fearing it's haram to do so. All the money would go to charity and I know I wouldn't get rewarded for it. I get mixed answers all the time..some pple say it's definately halal and some say it's haram...please help if u have knowledge about the ruling on these kind of things.
Jazakoumu llah kheyr wa baraka allah feekoum
May Allah guide us to siratal moustakim....amin
wasalam alaikum wr/wb

Ling

You know, in my special school, we use old donated CDs for craftwork and also to teach the children prevocational skills (matching & packing). Perhaps you could donate your CDs to some charitable organisation. If you're afraid they'll play the music, then you could apply scratches to the CDs first.

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
You know, in my special school, we use old donated CDs for craftwork and also to teach the children prevocational skills (matching & packing). Perhaps you could donate your CDs to some charitable organisation. If you're afraid they'll play the music, then you could apply scratches to the CDs first.

Excellent idea!! Jazakee Allahu khayran!!