Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomerang

Salam Brothers and sisters,

I wonder if you would like to comment.
I was not born a Muslim. I was brought up with Music, tv and the media. I understand why this stuff is Haraam and bad for my spirit, but I also must admit, that each has given me an understanding of the planet on which I live, and in the end, has lead me to God.
I am struggling with giving up music, as it seems to be everywhere i go. And it really has given me inspiration at times, that has made me seek Allah.
Have any of you, experienced this?
What do you all think?
I would like to be a good Muslim, but i am finding it hard to understand why ALL of it is Haraam. (tv and the media i have no problem turning my back on)
I would like to hear your opinions and stories.

May Allah guide us and have mercy on us all.

Sister kylie

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
Wa'ylekum Salaam,

I'm new to Islam so I can't say much although I know how you feel. I used to make music and I'm still on my Music Technology course at college, music was a huge part of my life and still is I guess, I also come from a very musical family.
All I can say is, these things such as t.v, music, internet etc are all good, aslong as they are not abused. I think music is fine aslong as it dosn't refer to violence, drugs or sex and I guess it's the same with the t.v, etc. I hope the other brothers and sisters can shed more light on this subject :p

Much peace,
Yusuf

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2:
"Big Sins Start With Small Sins"

when i start listening to music, it does atract me a lot.
But alhamdulelah i have given it up & tv.:D
its a waste of time and its Satanic.
AND THE PROPHET PROHIBITED IT, well i duno about u but i will do anything to go 2 jannah inshallah.

wassalam alikom

abdul hai

One Flag, One cause
Mashallah! You have decided to quit music. Before I used to listen to music day and night when i say night I mean even when im sleeping Astakfirollah! But at the same time I listened to qirat (shuraim, sudais, mishary, etc) so I decided that tomorrow will be my day where I wont listen music but would listen to qirat I forced my self into it and now today I am not listening to music but listening to the words of Allah (SWT) alhamdolillah. If you ask Allah(SWT) and you pray him to quide you he will guide you. And funny thing is that when quiting music I also gave up playing games because I beleive theres no use to it.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Wa aleikum Salaam,

As you said, it's haraam.
And I, too knows how it felt when i used to listen to music. It's cool and fun. But, as you learn the religion- the deen, then your prespective WILL change! I'm telling you!

Because, you will be able to distinguish what is useFULL from the useLESS, the beneficial from the unnecessary.

Besides, remember. If Allah the Most High, prohibited it; if our beloved Prophet :2saw: prihibited it, there must not be enough good in it. Surely!

And, what is better than listening to the recitation of kAlim-Allah? What is more pleasing to the heart? What is more pleasant?

I have made my choice. Make yours :)

MAy Allah be with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.