My Dream

Dr.Khan

:salam2:

I'm a guy in my teens. I always wanted to become a scholar/da'ee (or a part-time scholar).. something along the lines of having another another occupation (perhaps something related to the medical field) and at the same time studying about Fiqh, giving Dawah etc etc. Maybe something like Zakir Naik, Ahmed Deedat, or Muhammad al-Arifi. I have not memorized the Qur'an, although I had a great desire to do that, but I think it might be a bit too late now. Is it necessary to memorize the Qur'an to become a scholar/da'ee? Have I started off too late to become either of the two? Be realistic here and thanks for reading.

BADTASTEBEARS

Fear Allah
Assalamualaikum

Its never too late to learn. There are many who started memorizing at a later age. 'Uthman Ibn 'Affan embraced Islam at the age of 34 and still managed to memorized The Book of Allah.

Even if you memorize 1 chapter each year, you'll able to memorize it in 30 years!

alqamar17.png

And We have indeed made the Qur'an easy to understand and remember: then is there any that will receive admonition? (Al Qamar : 17)

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:

may Allah reward you for ur good intentions and make ur efforts purely for His sake.

brother, as far as i know, to be a scholar you need to know Quran, many hadiths, arabic, seerah, islamic history. being a scholar is a huge responsibility.

but you can be a daee even now. you can start explaining the message of Allah to ur family, relatives, friends, society. daee means the one who gives dawah.

and Allah knows best.