My First Arabic Prayers

Naji Ali

I've been thinking about sharing this for the last couple of days and I hope it's the right forum to do so.

When I first did Shehada, I remember my good friend and Imam telling me that I should try and learn the prayers in Arabic as soon as I could.

I felt confidant that I could, but when I first began, I was overwhelemed by the opening invocation, Faaitha, etc. I was trying to do it phonectically but came up very short. When I went to Jumma, I more or less (much more than less) faked my way through everything.

I truly felt useless. Then one day I was speaking to a brother who I love very much and he told me, "Naji, just learn one movement at a time. master that and then go on to others. Allah will be pleased and he knows your heart better than you."

Well, I began this way and got stronger and stronger, and as I did, I began to see the amazing power that Islam has in the words that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) wrote oh so many years ago.

I remember the first time I realized what I was saying, that I began to weep with joy. I had not cried real tears in years. my heart had become hardened. I felt a lifting of a cloth from my eyes.

Now when I say Salah, it takes on a deep and beautiful meaning. Al'humdillilah, I just wanted to share that with my beloved family.

Asalam Allkum!

Naji

luv4theummah

asalama halikum,

mansallah that is beautifull my fellow muslim, I was happy after reading ur story, reminded me things we take for granted.

insallah i advise you to keep on learning, may allah (swt) make ur imaan strong and also ur knowledge.

ur akhi in Islam

:SMILY139:

Faiza619

Strangers on earth
:salam2:
Allahu Akbar :ma:
May Allah increase our emaan and lead us to his jannatul firdaus

bintul islam

biz musulmanikh
marshala that was nice and may Allah sw reward you for sharing. When you believe upon 'basira' (insight, understanding, wisdom), it really does make a HUGE difference. Isn't it amazing that the verses in the Quran are called 'ayat' (signs) of Allah sw and so is the physical world (eg. sun, trees etc), they are both called aya of Allah! In order to truely understand the aya from the quran, you need to understand the aya from the universe. It's hard to explain in words but basically when you study about the ocean, planets, trees, babies, history etc etc then find the proof in the Quran, then your belief will be much more. Allah sw has praised the people of 'knowledge', those with understanding! So keep learning my dear brother, I wanna hear more wonderful stories.

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
salaams may i ask you how long it took step by step to learn the prayer on Arabic.

wa salaam

Rosheen

iislam4ever

Servant of Allah 247
mashllaah your story is very interesting,,,
truly Quran really has an amazing effect...i have been broken in tears in numbers of times.while prayer and listening even though i don’t really understand the meaning..

hakim.a

mashllaah your story is very interesting,,,
truly Quran really has an amazing effect...i have been broken in tears in numbers of times.while prayer and listening even though i don’t really understand the meaning..

i 'm very proud of u dear brother alhamdolilah you have done it :ma:

Amirah84

:salam2:

MashaAllah brother, thank you for telling us your story. It really touched my heart since I had to stop one of my prayers today becuase I just went into it automatically not remembering which prayer I was actually praying. I'll try it your way and start from scratch again. We should all go back to our prayers and learn them from scratch so that we can ensure that we are praying correctly and with an attentive mind and heart.

JazakhuAllah khair,

:wasalam: