My first post :)

lozzin

Salam Aliakum

I have just joined this site and wanted to say hello to you all.I have been viewing the site for some time and thought id better introduce myself.
I think this site is great and i have learnt such alot of things about Muslims and Islam.

To tell you a little about me,I live in Nottinghamshire and i am married to a muslim man.We have been married for nearly four years now and when we first married he was not a muslim.He is from Tunisia but had not practised his religion while i was with him.
Since the beginning of September he has started to practice his religion and is doing really well with it all.Inchallah. Upto yet,i have no religion.If i am honest i had always thought of myself as an Athiest until my husband converted to Islam but as he has been learning all about Islam himself,he has been teaching me things too and i must admit that i am slowly coming to terms that the more i think about it then the more i start to think that there must be some sort of higher power to create all of the wonderful things around us.I always thought that there was another place for us all after we die but i had never really put much thought into anything else but the more i look into Islam,the more i start to appreciate the things in this world and the people around me.I have bought myself an English translation of the Qu'ran and sometime find it confusing to understand but i do find it very interesting studying it and trying to find out where it meanings fit into todays modern life and i am amazed at some of the miracles it tells us about that todays scientist have only just descovered!

So from being an 'athiest' i now have a 75% belief that Allah(swt) could possible exist and that maybe one day he will guide me to the right path so i can be as happy and content with my life as the muslim community is.
My husband keeps talking to me about my shahada and telling me not to put it off for too long but i dont want to do this until i am ready and when i do it i want it to be for me and not because he wants me to.

Hopefully one day soon i will do it,inchallah but for now,all of your views and stories are keeping me going and inspiring me to do more.
I wish you all the very best and i look forward to one day calling you my brothers and sisters.Inchallah.

Sorry for going on a bit and i do apologise if i have said anything to offend anyone in my piece.

Best wishes
Lozzin

Abdullah2008

Some words on guidance from the book of books THE QURAN :)

Welcome :)

If anyone contends with the Messenger even after guidance has been plainly conveyed to him, and follows a path other than that becoming to men of Faith, We shall leave him in the path he has chosen, and land him in Hell,- what an evil refuge! 4:115

Or lest ye should say: "If the Book had only been sent down to us, we should have followed its guidance better than they." Now then hath come unto you a clear (sign) from your Lord,- and a guide and a mercy: then who could do more wrong than one who rejecteth Allah's signs, and turneth away therefrom? In good time shall We requite those who turn away from Our signs, with a dreadful penalty, for their turning away. 6:157

16:37 If thou art anxious for their guidance, yet Allah guideth not such as He leaves to stray, and there is none to help them.

It is he whom Allah guides, that is on true guidance ; but he whom He leaves astray - for such wilt thou find no protector besides Him. On the Day of Judgment We shall gather, them together, prone on their faces, blind, dumb, and deaf: their abode will be Hell: every time it shows abatement, We shall increase from them the fierceness of the Fire. 17:97

And who doth more wrong than one who is reminded of the Signs of his Lord, but turns away from them, forgetting the (deeds) which his hands have sent forth? Verily We have set veils over their hearts lest they should understand this, and over their ears, deafness, if thou callest them to guidance, even then will they never accept guidance. 18:57

"And Allah doth advance in guidance those who seek guidance and the things that endure, Good Deeds, are best in the sight of thy Lord, as rewards, and best in respect of (their) eventual return."19:76

"But, without doubt, I am (also) He that forgives again and again, to those who repent, believe, and do right, who,- in fine, are ready to receive true guidance 20:82

as is sure, there comes to you guidance from Me, whosoever follows My guidance will not lose his way, nor fall into misery. 20:123

Say: "Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger. but if ye turn away, he is only responsible for the duty placed on him and ye for that placed on you. If ye obey him, ye shall be on right guidance . The Messenger's duty is only to preach the clear (Message). 24:54

And to rehearse the Qur'an: and if any accept Guidance, they do it for the good of their own souls, and if any stray, say: "I am only a Warner". 27:92

It is true thou wilt not be able to guide every one, whom thou lovest; but Allah guides those whom He will and He knows best those who receive guidance 28:56

Verily He Who ordained the Qur'an for thee, will bring thee back to the Place of Return. Say: "My Lord knows best who it is that brings true guidance, and who is in manifest error." 28:85

Say: "If I am astray, I only stray to the loss of my own soul: but if I receive guidance, it is because of the inspiration of my Lord to me: it is He Who hears all things, and is (ever) near." 34:50

"Obey those who ask no reward of you (for themselves), and who have themselves received guidance 36:21

Allah has revealed (from time to time) the most beautiful Message in the form of a Book, consistent with itself, (yet) repeating (its teaching in various aspects): the skins of those who fear their Lord tremble thereat; then their skins and their hearts do soften to the celebration of Allah's praises. Such is the Guidance of Allah. He guides therewith whom He pleases, but such as Allah leaves to stray, can have none to guide.39:23

Verily We have revealed the Book to thee in Truth, for (instructing) mankind. He, then, that receives guidance benefits his own soul: but he that strays injures his own soul. Nor art thou set over them to dispose of their affairs. 39:41

This is (true) guidance and for those who reject the Signs of their Lord, is a grievous Penalty of abomination. 45:11

These are clear evidences to men and a guidance and Mercy to those of assured Faith. 45:20

Then seest thou such a one as takes as his god his own vain desire? Allah has, knowing (him as such), left him astray, and sealed his hearing and his heart (and understanding), and put a cover on his sight. Who, then, will guide him after Allah (has withdrawn guidance)? Will ye not then receive admonition? 45:23

Those who turn back as apostates after guidance was clearly shown to them,- the Evil One has instigated them and busied them up with false hopes. 47:25

These are nothing but names which ye have devised,- ye and your fathers,- for which Allah has sent down no authority (whatever). They follow nothing but conjecture and what their own souls desire!- Even though there has already come to them guidancefrom their Lord! 53:23

That is as far as knowledge will reach them. Verily thy Lord knoweth best those who stray from His Path, and He knoweth best those who receive guidance 53:30

It gives guidance to the Right, and we have believed therein: we shall not join (in worship) any (gods) with our Lord. 72:2

'And as for us, since we have listened to the guidance, we have accepted it: and any who believes in his Lord has no fear, either of a short (account) or of any injustice. 72:13

Say: "Each one (of us) is waiting: wait ye, therefore, and soon shall ye know who it is that is on the straight and even way, and who it is that has received guidance" 20:135

Follow the best that has been sent down to you from your Lord before the punishment comes upon you suddenly, when you are not expecting it. 39:55
Follow what has been revealed to you from your Lord. God is aware of what you do.33:2

a_stranger

Peace for all
Dear sister : I believe that Faith in Allah swt (our creator) is within each soul but due to whisper of Satan and vain desires we don`t feel such beautiful faith.....Teachings of Islam help us feel the inner call of faith ....islam can wipe all the stains from our hearts , and purify our souls so that we feel the Glory of our creator and see his signs all around , May Allah help us all to have healthy sound hearts.

muslimah-2k8

Welcome

:salam2:

Dear sister,

Welcome to TTI...

:ma: you are heading towards the STRAIGHT PATH....

take it one step at a time....

InshaAllah very soon you will have 100% faith....
i am looking forward to that day...

talk to you soon...

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
Welcome to TTI..... I hope that you carry on what you are doing, just don't let go. you are nearly there Insha'Allah.

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
Hello, lozzin

welcome to TTI

can I add a small thing ?

Atheists think that religion restricts freedom, and this is one of the big arguments against religion in current times.

Yet it is a falacy.

If you don't believe in God, then you have no real freedom.

How is that?

Well, if people were only made of material stuff, then they don't have a free will.

Do rocks have free will?

Do rivers have free will?

All chemical reactions HAVE to happen in the right conditions. There is no choice there.

And this is true even for your brain, although on a more sophisticated level.

We cannot be made just of genes & molecules. This does not make us responsible beings with free will. We cannot be just a part of nature and have a free will, for nature does not have one to give us !

The only reasonable explanatin is that we have been created by a more powerful force, that gave us this free will.

Truth is so obvious, if only we could take the veil of pride off our eyes.

"Has there not been over man a period of time, when he was not a thing worth mentioning? Verily, We have created man from Nutfah (drops) of mixed semen (sexual discharge of man and woman), in order to try him: so We made him hearer and seer. Verily, We showed him the way, whether he be grateful or ungrateful."

Qura'an 76:1-3

islamservant

Egyptian sister
welcome here my dear

may allah guide u to the straight path

my dear feel free to ask about any thing u r thinkong about

u will find all brothers and sisters here very helpful inshaallah

hassana elkoussi

:holaaa::holaaa::holaaa:welcome to the site. Hope you will find it beneficial.Keep reading and inshaAllah you'll be guided to the truth.