My First Ramadan???

Ron-Kid

HasbunAllahu wa ni`mal Wakil '
Assalam alaykum wa Rahmatullah wa barakatahu,

I hope everyone is in their best state of health and Emaan... Alhamdulillah

I have a real quick one here, could you guys help me with some tips to spend Ramadan in UAE? Actually its my first one here and nowadays we have burning sand everywhere? The days are long and lazy as well.

Appreciate your comments

Ma'salam

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Assalam alaykum wa Rahmatullah wa barakatahu,

I hope everyone is in their best state of health and Emaan... Alhamdulillah

I have a real quick one here, could you guys help me with some tips to spend Ramadan in UAE? Actually its my first one here and nowadays we have burning sand everywhere? The days are long and lazy as well.

Appreciate your comments

Ma'salam

Wa Alaikkum Asalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Actually the day light hours in the UAE are not too bad. Last year was my first Ramadan and the Fajr adhaan was at 4am and Maghrib adhaan at 7.15 pm so a total of only about 15 hours. Then after a week or so later I had to return to London and it was a terrible experience. First of all all the prayers except Juma prayers were conducted at home and secondly the family house was littered with pictures and photos and it was a struggle. The Fajr adhaan was at 3.30 am and the Maghrib adhaan was at 9.30 pm so a total of 18 hours of daylight!!!
So count yourself lucky bro :)

One advise I'd give would be to drink plenty of water at Sujoor and try not to go out during the day. But personally I've found that even if I went out it wasn't too bad. Just believe that Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala will pull you through In Shaa Allah.

Salaam

Ron-Kid

HasbunAllahu wa ni`mal Wakil '
I'll take your advice here.... at least Im not in london :O and yes Allah subhanahu wa taa'la is always there for us... Alhamdulillah

jazak Allahu khair bro

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
salam 'alikum thisi is my 3rd Ramadhan in Morocco and this year the weather is hot,while in some other parts of the world it's cold or warm.I can say by experience that the happiness during that month was so great,that I firgot the thirst and the hunger,neverthless the hot and the pregnancy(last year).don't think to how many hours of daylight will remain to Iftar,because it decrease the Niya you have to perform the fast.a dear person I know used to count how many hours remained to begin smoking cigarette and drinking the coffee...............my first Ramadhan was in 2006 and I was maybe happier than my husband(because he was surprised by my strenght even if it was the first time).if you think to how hot in UAE the weatther is,you'll feel hotter,

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
The Sunnah of the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) is to fast the first Monday and Thursday and the second monday of each month, these three days are given 10 blessings each so it is as if you have fasted the whole month. We are told that on Mondays and Thursdays the gates of heaven are opened and all of our good deeds go up to heaven.

So if one fasts throughout the year then the month of Ramadan does not come up on you all suddenly but you are prepared throughout the year.

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying:
Allah the Exalted and Majestic said: Every act of the son of Adam is for him, except fasting. It is (exclusively) meant for Me and I (alone) will reward it. Fasting is a shield. When any one of you is fasting on a day, he should neither indulge in obscene language, nor raise the voice; or if anyone reviles him or tries to quarrel with him he should say: I am a person fasting. By Him, in Whose Hand is the life of Muhammad, the breath of the observer of fast is sweeter to Allah on the Day of judgment than the fragrance of musk. The one who fasts has two (occasions) of joy, one when he breaks the fast he is glad with the breaking of (the fast) and one when he meets his Lord he is glad with his fast.