My Heart Is ..............

helpinghumanity

Assalamo alaikum wa rahmatullah

I pray that you are in the best of health.

Lets talk about a topic which many brothers and sisters like..
.....A topic which both religious and non-religious brother and sisters love to talk about ...
.....A topic for which there are so many expressions available
.....A topic that deals with the heart. An organ that controls the entire body :).

But wait, let's not go in other direction. This is an Islamic Forum so let's limit our discussion to an Islamic perspective.

What is the importance of heart? What is it's function? Is it's function limited to **pumping of the blood** throughout the body? Or is it beyond that?

Why is heart considered **The best and the worst** part of our body? Can our heart control our actions? What does it mean to have a dead or alive heart? What is the difference between them i.e dead and alive heart? Is there a magical device or a mechanism to inform if our heart is dead or alive? If it is dead, then what we can do to purify it or to make it alive?

Lastly,
Please complete this sentence
***My Heart is ______________________***

Jazakumullah Khairun ...Fi amanillah

Wassalam

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Asalamualykum...

Interesting topic....

Biologically speaking the heart is only an organ that pumps blood. Figuritively speaking, it is a lot more. Its difficult to really draw the line between heart and brain because our brains are basically the control room. Our feelings originate somehwere in our body (both physical and emotional) but its the brain that brings them to life for us.
The system is so complex SubhanAllah!
Sometimes when we feel extreme emotional pain, we use the phrase "broken heart"... but the pain actually seems to originate from this area... personally speaking when I get really sad or if I am hurt by other people I can actually feel the emotional pain in my heart. its sooooo strange and complex...

now my brain hurts from thinking....

My heart is ........... **collecting light**... I found it, but need more :)

muhammad sabri

:salam2: Dear

What Allah(swt) intends when He(swt) uses the word Heart or Qalb is the union of emotion ad reason brain and heart mind and soul, and Allah(swt) sayis in the holy Quran:

Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

:)

So this is what the heart is for me..: The instrument given to us by Allah(swt) through which we can love Him and trough which we can feel His love and draw nearer to Him(swt), and verily the capacities of our ''HEARTS'' are great for Allah(swt) said in a hadith qudsi: ''Neither the heavens nor the earth can contain Me, save the heart of a believer''.

Dear this for me is enough to describe what a Heart really is not just for me but(atleast i think) for each one of us individually :)

---AND ALLAH(SWT) knows best---

:wasalam: wajazakumallahukhayran

helpinghumanity

Asalamualykum...
The system is so complex SubhanAllah!

Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahamtullah sister

This complex system is also one of the sign of the greatness of Allah, the best creator. Allah says in the quran that do they not look into themselves, of how they are created.

personally speaking when I get really sad or if I am hurt by other people I can actually feel the emotional pain in my heart.

Yasmin Mogahed once again in a very nice manner
“If you want this world to stop breaking your heart, stop giving your heart to this world.”

My heart is ........... **collecting light**... I found it, but need more :)

Mashallah that (collecting light) is a nice one. A light that will bring peace to the heart.
"Verily in the rememberance of Allah, do hearts find tranquility or peace."

:salam2: Dear
So this is what the heart is for me..: The instrument given to us by Allah(swt) through which we can love Him and trough which we can feel His love and draw nearer to Him(swt), and verily the capacities of our ''HEARTS'' are great for Allah(swt) said in a hadith qudsi: ''Neither the heavens nor the earth can contain Me, save the heart of a believer''.

Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullah

Mashallah such a nice description/defination. We have to be very careful about this instrument thought. We have to make that it is doesn't catch rust..

helpinghumanity

Assalamo alaikum

Why is heart considered **The best and the worst** part of our body?

After writing this sentence, the story of Luqman (AS) flashed in my mind. So inshallah I am sharing that story once again.

The master ordered Luqman(A.S.) to slaughter a sheep and to bring its worst part to him. Luqman(A.S.) slaughtered the sheep and took its heart and tongue to his master. On receiving them his master smiled, fascinated by Luqman(A.S.) 's choice of the'worst'. He understood that Luqman(A.S.) was trying to convey some deep meaning, though he could not make out exactly what. From this moment his owner began to take more interest in Luqman(A.S.) and showed more kindness to him.

A few days later, Luqman(A.S.) was again instructed to slaughter a sheep, but this time he was asked to take the best parts of the animal to the owner. Luqman(A.S.) slaughtered a sheep, and to his master's amazement, again brought the same organs (the heart and the tongue). His master asked Luqman(A.S.) how the heart and the tongue could be both the worst and the best parts. The wise Luqman(A.S.) answered: The tongue and the heart are the sweetest parts if its owner is pure; and if he is wicked, they too are as wicked ! Thereafter, Luqman(A.S.) 's owner held him in great respect. Luqman(A.S.) was consulted by many people for advice, and the fame of his wisdom spread all over the country."

Methods to know if your heart is dead or alive

To know whether your heart is alive or dead, you have to check it on three different occasions.

1) When the quran is recited
2) When the prayer is performed
3) When the name of Allah is mentioned

If the heart doesn’t show any reaction to the name of Allah, any reaction to the recitation of the quran, doesn’t have presence of mind while the prayers are being performed, then know that your heart is already dead.

The case of believers as mentioned by Allah in the Glorious Quran is
The believers are the people that when the name of allah is mentioned, their hearts shake and their Iman or faith increases.

To be continued Inshallah...............

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam alaikum,

It is such a sensitive organ. Get to be my age and you recognize how fragile it is. Walk into a hospital and tell them you feel a slight pain...you count every second of life as a blessing after that. Your salat becomes very pure.

You look back at your life and your realize how foolish you were with your heart and how you let it wander into places it did not belong.

With the years remaining you become cognizant of Who holds the Key to your heart and you hold on to each Sacred word.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaykum everyone,

I do not have fancy posts or definitions but this is what my heart is-----

MY heart is longing for something so special---and something I know I am so so far away from which is the meeting with its creator the most high. My sins keep me away from His pleasure while the little good deeds I do get me closer to him:/ may Allah keep me and all of you in the path of truth for indeed it is only His pleasure that we seek.

"Ya muqallib al-qulub, thabbit qalbi ‘ala deenuk"

Oh turner of the hearts, make my heart firm upon your religion! ameen Ya Rab!

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Asalaam alaikum,

It is such a sensitive organ. Get to be my age and you recognize how fragile it is. Walk into a hospital and tell them you feel a slight pain...you count every second of life as a blessing after that. Your salat becomes very pure.

You look back at your life and your realize how foolish you were with your heart and how you let it wander into places it did not belong.

With the years remaining you become cognizant of Who holds the Key to your heart and you hold on to each Sacred word.

Subhana'Allah, very very vey touching,

Jazaka'Allah khair for sharing this, :hearts:

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:wasalam:
JaakAllahu khayr very innovative thought bhai.
This reminds me of a poem "Bang e dara dil" by Allama Iqbal,wherein he quotes,"Ishq ke daam mein phans ke ye riha hota hei."Which means"When shackled in Allah's love,it(the heart) becomes free."
Also Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimhullah) said a beautiful thing which always sticks with me..when he said,"My garden and my jannah both are inside my chest,they go with me wherever I go."
Although on the physical it's nothing but a lump of flesh but on a spritual level,heart can be a cause of success or failiure in this world and the hereafter.
As Allah will not look at how we look on the exterior but,how our heart looks.Is it a sound heart?Qalbul saleem or a diseased one?
Sheikh Ibn Al Qayyim(rahimhullah0 defines heart as a vessel to recieve Allah's light in his explanation of the "nurun ala nur" ayat in Surah an Nur.

It might be that we have done very foolish things with our hearts in our lifetime,but the end matters,how will the state of our hearts be at our dying breath.
I once talked to a saudi friend of mine and asked him what does "qalb" really mean,he told me ,it's something that flips or changes constantly,hence the iman level changing constantly and then told me that is why one of the most recited dua should be as sister IhearIslam quoted:
"Ya muqallib al-qulub, thabbit qalbi ‘ala deenuk"

Oh turner of the hearts, make my heart firm upon your religion! ameen Ya Rab!

It's a beautioful gift of Allah whose value should be realised
May we reach Allah with a sound heart.
:jazaak:
:wasalam: