my hindu_muslim friend

saba urooj

:salam2: dear frnds my problem goes lke this, i hv a best frnd whose father is a muslim n mother is a hindu, n she follows her mother religion although she says she belives in all religions,,,, n she knows tat whenever she went 2 a temple when i was around i strongly dissapprovd her move,her father never ever dare 2 convert his wife nor thr children ,n she hardly knw anything abt islam.........except a word called "inshallah",.which is now a days considerd as cool word 2 use here. i hd given her sevral books regarding islam n how 2 convert 2 islam ,but she never mentioned them in our talks, THE main problem which i am facng is tat i dnt knw how 2 start a talk on islam directly with her.....i mean frm whr do i start frm???:girl3: iam totally confused ..... i dont want 2 see her in hell.............as she is a gal wth golden heart.......n my best frnd.:shymuslima1: plz any sort of advise is welcmed:tti_sister: help me

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

this is about the same thing im going through, just that both my parents are practising muslims.
I got hindu friends which i try to do da'wa but unsuccessfull...
They are very nice to me and i do not want to see them in hell..
As instructed by an akhi, i send them a video about similarities between hinduism and islam by zakir naik but didnt hear from them afterwards...

Any ideas how to do da'wa to hindus??

umm hussain

Walaikum salam warahmatullah

"]The girls father shouldn't be married to this woman in the first place. Men are only allowed to marry people of the book that is Jews and Christians because they are followers of a previous divine message, even though it has been distorted, so they are different from others.And Allah knows best.

And do not marry Al-Mushrikaat (idolatresses) till they believe (worship Allaah Alone). And indeed a slave woman who believes is better than a (free) Mushrikah (idolatress), even though she pleases you. And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al-Mushrikoon till they believe (in Allaah Alone) and verily, a believing slave is better than a (free) Mushrik (idolater), even though he pleases you. Those (Al-Mushrikoon) invite you to the Fire, but Allaah invites (you) to Paradise and forgiveness by His Leave, and makes His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) clear to mankind that they may remember”

[al-Baqarah 2:221]

Since the girls father does not have a say in what his daughter practises I guess its up to her now if she has reached the age of maturity to find out about Islam and accept it if she believes in it and implement it despite what her parents believe.

saba urooj

my hindu-muslim friend

I want 2 add this one thing more tat her name is muslim n she wrote islam as her religion in all her legal documents.:girl3:

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
:salam2:

Any ideas how to do da'wa to hindus??

Just ask them in suitable time to write about 10 major points on a peice of paper why they would not consider the Islam as a true religion. If they ask why you want this, just tell them i will be happy to answer your points so that we may further strengthen the friendship.

There after you may clear their doubts one by one. There are many resources available to deal with their doubts.

In brief:

* Identify Individual Problems
* Clear misconceptions and Show the beauty of Islam
* Be a practical example of good muslim to them - in all dealings etc
* Pray and leave remaining on Allah to give Hidayah

Wassalam

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu sister
You can contact IRF foundation in Mumbai founded by Dr. Zakir Naik. Also local mosques might help, but I wonder that in Northern India as because a lot of Bidah followers as well. Khair Insha Allah, make duas for her. Remember that The Prophets and Messengers started to give Dawah by calling for TAWHEED, Oneness of God, Creator. So make her realise that at first. That is the base of everything in this world as well as in Akhirah.
wa/salam

dawood_smriti

Asalaamalykum bro,

My suggestion would be:
1.Clear the misconceptions abt Islam by giving scientific logics.
2.Start the discussions some or the other ways regarding different issues abt
Islam.
3.Show her sum Revert stories or videos if possible.
4.Make her realize the importance of deen in our life, and make her feel tht
we all ve to die as this world is temporay,and the punishments after
death ,And do not forget her to tell the benefits of deen in this world and
the world tht is eternal.
5.you need to be very very patient.
6.U ve to be the best example,of Isalm bcoz its You she is leraning frm.
7.Do lots and lots of dua.
8.And if possible invite her to T.T.I.

Wasalaam

InshAllah Allah Almighty would give his guidance to all the trangressed Ummah.

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
ASAK Sister,
i think you should tell her abt TAWHID first, slowly but steadily you gotto let her know ISLAM. If i were you i would have given her books on her interest like stories of prophets, Women's Rights in ISLAM, Misconceptions abt Islam, English version of Quran.

I would suggest that you discuss these books with her while and after she has read the book and ask her if she has not understood anything or if she has any doubts.If possible talk to her dad and talk to him abt this as well. I know its very painful to see your close friends without IMAN,...one important thing that you gotto do is DUA for your friends and their families.

saba urooj

my hindu-muslim friend

:salam2: brothers, as adivced above i hv given her video of dr.zakir naik n stories of some international reverts as how islam touched thr hearts,jus keepng my fingers crossed,still hvnt got any response 4rm her.:girl3:

user expired!

asalamualaykum,
i hhd the same problem my best friend was Hindu but i tired to guide him to Islam and i believe he had sum Iman but he said his family would kill him! and then later we broke up cos we went to separate colleges but i see him now and then

What u need to ask ur friend is what exactly do u believe?

i mean do u believe in the monkey God and elephant god and the millions of other gods?

What about the story of the father who chopped of his sons head and replaced it with an elephants head?

do u believe in re incarnation?

etc etc....

then talk about the Tawhid and the purpose of the messengers.

then talk about Quran and the miracles

and then talk about Jannah and then finally about hell.

see how it goes.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Assalamu caleikum sister, May Allah swt reward you for your good intentions inshallah.

What i would personally do is first of all show her the beauty of this world, the way the day goes into the night and the night into the day, how complex our body is..., and make a sort of conclusion that God s the One who created all of this, if you find it hard you can always make her listen the lecture of Khalid Yassin: the Purpose f life, some people prefer listening to the facts rather than reading, and he ( Khalid) explains very well, if you can't find the tape, you an always look on youbute but i'm sure it's on this website somewhere.

Take care:hearts:

justoneofmillion

Assalamu caleikum sister, May Allah swt reward you for your good intentions inshallah.

What i would personally do is first of all show her the beauty of this world, the way the day goes into the night and the night into the day, how complex our body is..., and make a sort of conclusion that God s the One who created all of this, if you find it hard you can always make her listen the lecture of Khalid Yassin: the Purpose f life, some people prefer listening to the facts rather than reading, and he ( Khalid) explains very well, if you can't find the tape, you an always look on youbute but i'm sure it's on this website somewhere.

Take care:hearts:
assalam,here it is

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11162

wassalam

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Jazakallah Kheir, it's : What's the purpose of life and What do you know about Islam, isn't it?
How come there's only the first part?