My Pakistani Brothers and Sisters...I need you help!

zainsmommy

Assalamu Aleikom

It's been quit some time since I've been here to TTI. Last I was here I vowed never to return as this site was hurting my Iman...causing me to pull away from Islam.

I was not, and am still not, strong enough to overlook most of the "debates" and "arguments" and seriously pointless threads, or finger pointing, aimed towards certain countrys, religions, and racial backgrounds that take place here. It was hard not to get emotionally involved when I feel that the true Islam was being lost and not portrayed in the way it should be.
But, I am not here to get into this topic now. I will also not view threads so that I cannot get sucked in to the nonsense. lol

I do however pray that things are different here and that there is none of this taking place still...I do pray that each and every one of you that I have come to know and care for are all in the best of health and Iman InshaAllah and sharing your Islamic knowledge with the world while leaving out the nonsense that could hurt another or be detrimental to reputation of Islam as a whole. Insha'Allah.

Now on to why I am here..
I am appealing today to my Pakistani Brothers and Sisters. It is no secret that the world these days is in a mess and there is extreme poverty all over. This has always been the case...but recently I've noticed that Pakistan is getting worse as the days go by (not that it was not bad before also) and I want to do something to help. I guess because it is my Husbands homeland and part of my sons, I feel more compelled towards doing something.

The thing is, I am not sure what I can do. I am scared that my generosity would be taken advantage of. Especially when I am appealing to strangers over the internet(my husband would all but have a seizure if he knew-well, not really..just being silly :lol: )In his words "you cannot trust a Pakistani" lol..hmm..I wonder if he knew I am married to one when he said that? LOL

I saw an article on BBC where there is this resturant in Karachi (Sabri) that is, in my opinion, portraying the true spirit of a GOOD MUSLIM. They hand out food to the poor at the end of the day.

I was very touched and would like to know if anyone knows of this rest.?

Is there a way you can find out who the owners are and a contact number for me?

Also, would any of you know of some organizations (ligitimate please) where perhaps if I send them a monetary donation, the food would ACTUALLY GET INTO THE HANDS of starving children???

I know food prices are soaring and the cost of wheat among other things is making it even more difficult for people who normally scrapped by to survive now and this saddens me.

I am asking or begging you my Pakistani Brothers and Sisters to please help me in my quest to find reputable, reliable, and honest ways that I can do something to help.
I do not have a lot of money (as you all know I have 4 children and have recently had to move because of finacial reasons) but I can spare something by taking away something here that we really can live without. I am just scared and nervous because again, I don't want to be taken advantage of...

So if any of you can help me with contact numbers, places, people whom I can get in touch with...please do pm me. I want to make a difference in this world even in the smallest of ways that I can.
I usually give to the World Food Program for Africa but every month I fear that the money I give never reaches a starving child.

By the way, if you're wondering why I do not ask my husband? Well...I prefer to do this on my own, though I have mentioned it to him in passing.

So can you help me? I would forever be grateful!!!!

Thank you all for any help you can give...

Last... my appeal to you here on TTI....BE GOOOOOD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!! You are Muslims!!!!!! Remember that!!!! Remember that what you speak, what you write, and the way you present yourself reflects ISLAM AS A WHOLE through the eyes of the ignorant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My love to you all.....:tti_sister:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

It is so sweet to see your post. Forgive me as I lecture for one minute. I have discovered that one benefit of faith is that it grows. For a lack of words faith has its own developmental plan.
The pain and disappointment that you are feeling is a segment of the path. It is peeling the unwanted. It is letting go of the emotions. When we are attached to an idea, a plan, a person, or an object we tend to allow our emotions to interfere with pursuit of our faith. I pray I am making sense.
Keep in mind most of the members are very young and youth is judgmental.They have not experienced the moments of being alone in this world. So they are brash. What do they know of life. Youth has passion and age has wisdom.

There are many good organizations. I would suggest that you contact the Embassy of Pakistan. They would give you legitimate contacts.
I must say that I am Pakistani and I know Pakistanis are good. My father and mother left India to form the only country in the world dedicated for a country
to be Islamic. Let us not allow others to influence and affect our love for a people who are trying against all odds to be Muslim in an Islamic state.

Insha"Allah you will be directed to organizations as you have made a plea to a Muslim source.

Please remain with us...you are very dear to me.

zainsmommy

Salaam,

It is so sweet to see your post. Forgive me as I lecture for one minute. I have discovered that one benefit of faith is that it grows. For a lack of words faith has its own developmental plan.
The pain and disappointment that you are feeling is a segment of the path. It is peeling the unwanted. It is letting go of the emotions. When we are attached to an idea, a plan, a person, or an object we tend to allow our emotions to interfere with pursuit of our faith. I pray I am making sense.
Keep in mind most of the members are very young and youth is judgmental.They have not experienced the moments of being alone in this world. So they are brash. What do they know of life. Youth has passion and age has wisdom.

There are many good organizations. I would suggest that you contact the Embassy of Pakistan. They would give you legitimate contacts.
I must say that I am Pakistani and I know Pakistanis are good. My father and mother left India to form the only country in the world dedicated for a country
to be Islamic. Let us not allow others to influence and affect our love for a people who are trying against all odds to be Muslim in an Islamic state.

Insha"Allah you will be directed to organizations as you have made a plea to a Muslim source.

Please remain with us...you are very dear to me.

AHHH....My Dear Sister, if there is one sure thing I miss about being here is your words. You've impacted me and made a difference in my life more than mere words can say. There were times when I would sit and contemplate for hours over your replys to me and others and wonder if anyone really heard and felt deep down your message of care and love.

You are truly an amazing woman and I pray that Allah suhbana talaa blesses you for your efforts.

Thank you so much for the advice, as always, you are so right and hit the target. I do feel my personal journey to being a better Muslim took a wrong turn somewhere and now only recently have I discovered what is really important. Life and people are not always what you expect them to be, but in the end, it is your own personal struggle and relationship with Allah suhbana talaa that will guide you to what is true.

It may sound weird, but just being married to a Pakistani somehow makes me feel privilaged. Though things have not changed personally with our situation, and I may never get to see with my own eyes the beauty of such a country...I admire it, adore it, and live it vicariously through him. If there is one thing that can never be overlooked is the beauty, strength, and uniqueness that resonates from within a Pakistani. Truly an amazing country filled with amazing people who all to often they themsleves fail to see.

I had never thought to contact the embassy...what a great idea!!!!

All my best to you Sister...

helpinghumanity

salam sister,

Sister Pakistan is in the state of transistion. Last year when i was in high school, i was studyin AMERICAN HISTORY. I came to know that this country, whose culture is being copied every where and is considererd to be a role model, had many UPS AND DOWNS. Consider the slavery Period, consider the time when AMERICA HAD INTERNAL WAR

There is a saying in URDU "GHARTE HAIN SHEH SAWAR HE GHOORON SAY" (sorry my urdu in not soo good).

So wht i want to stress upon is this that nations go through UPS AND DOWNS, and these UPS AND DOWNS change the scenerio of the country. And I pray to allah that these transition state should be positive....

Regarding trust,,,,

SAYLANI WELWARE TRUST is one of the best trust. I came to know about it while i was watching QTV.
here is the link of their website

http://www.saylaniwelfare.com/

Shahzad

Thanks for the spirit and concerns Mom.

Plz never ever contact pakistan embassy for such welfare thing. PAkistan is getting worst due to corrupt govt. They eat up every thing theirselves and not let it travel down to we ppl .

I wish i cud tell u the names of those organizations but USA has recently put ban on them and have categorizd them as terrorist helpers. But they are truly excellent organizations and there is no one like them in whole pakistan. One of them even received award of xcellence from president Musharraf, for doing excellent job in Earth Quaked area of KAshmir , last year.

Now, Sabri Nihari and many others do this gr8 job over here. ACtually ppl like u donate money to them for such purpose. Do u want that contact number of that owner? :) It is way far from my home. I will try getting the number tomorrow as i have to go near Sabri Nihari tomorrow.

MirajMom: i cant beleive u r from Pakistan. Thats surprise for me. May ALLAH bless u whereever u live.

zainsmommy

Thanks for the spirit and concerns Mom.

Plz never ever contact pakistan embassy for such welfare thing. PAkistan is getting worst due to corrupt govt. They eat up every thing theirselves and not let it travel down to we ppl .

I wish i cud tell u the names of those organizations but USA has recently put ban on them and have categorizd them as terrorist helpers. But they are truly excellent organizations and there is no one like them in whole pakistan. One of them even received award of xcellence from president Musharraf, for doing excellent job in Earth Quaked area of KAshmir , last year.

Now, Sabri Nihari and many others do this gr8 job over here. ACtually ppl like u donate money to them for such purpose. Do u want that contact number of that owner? :) It is way far from my home. I will try getting the number tomorrow as i have to go near Sabri Nihari tomorrow.

MirajMom: i cant beleive u r from Pakistan. Thats surprise for me. May ALLAH bless u whereever u live.

Well Assalamu Aleikom Brother!!! It's been a long time. Insha'Allah you and your family are all safe and healthy.

I would LOVE the number and any other suggestions you may have. Please don't bother yourself too much though..or go out of your way. I would feel awful making you go there just for me, but if you happen to be near and don't mind...I cannot thank you enough.

I almost PM'd you personally to tell you the truth. You were the first to come to my mind when I thought to come here asking for this information lol..

Well again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! May Allah bless you!!!

Take Care(I'll pm you anyway lol)

ummaishah

your feelings are priceless

cant give a detailed reply....ive been betrayed much in my donations to pakistani Trusts....ive abondoned giving to anyone BUT to Shaukat Khanum Cancer Research Hospital....sister, i'm a doctor and have worked in that hospital...that place is the last and only hope of those coming from dilipidated and remote areas of Pakistan for cancer treatment...every rupee u give goes towards desperate efforts to save adults and kids suffering from cancer...all my zakat, sadqa goes to the hospital...without any worry of beng misspent:

masalaama

Shahzad

Thanks mom.

sister umm aisha has also given a good suggestion. I havent heard abt wats goin on in That hospital but i havent heard any bad thing abt it. So u can give some percentage of ur money there.

zainsmommy

cant give a detailed reply....ive been betrayed much in my donations to pakistani Trusts....ive abondoned giving to anyone BUT to Shaukat Khanum Cancer Research Hospital....sister, i'm a doctor and have worked in that hospital...that place is the last and only hope of those coming from dilipidated and remote areas of Pakistan for cancer treatment...every rupee u give goes towards desperate efforts to save adults and kids suffering from cancer...all my zakat, sadqa goes to the hospital...without any worry of beng misspent:

masalaama

MashAllah...May you be blessed for you efforts. I will definitely look into that. Not only for me, but my family as well who are willing and able to help.
As long as it is reputable and real, I will try my best to do what I am able to do with all the suggestions I receive. Insha'Allah.

I appreciate you taking the time to repsond and send you my blessings.
:tti_sister:

Assalamu Aleikom

[/I]In his words "you cannot trust a Pakistani"

he isnt lying....ull only understand that when u live here...nothing but corruption and lies......and u thought this was a muslim country?....think again!......pakistanis brought all of this on themselves.........we dont even want to change...arrogance has done this to pakistan

zainsmommy

he isnt lying....ull only understand that when u live here...nothing but corruption and lies......and u thought this was a muslim country?....think again!......pakistanis brought all of this on themselves.........we dont even want to change...arrogance has done this to pakistan

Insha'Allah the Pakistani youth of today and people such as yourself, and My husband and others will be the change that is needed today. Insha'Allah people will try to re-learn the true teachings of the Prophet Muhammad sallalhu alayhi wa salam and read the Quran in a way they've never read before instead of rushing through. Insha'Allah if we all come together to help one another in these matters and pray for one another, then things will start to change.

If there is one thing that can be said is this....poverty, loss of life, no chances will cause people to lose the little faith they do have, and to all resort to extreme measures in order to survive. It is not only isolated to Pakistan...it's all over the world.

I feel your inner most feelings about this in your words and Insha'Allah something will change. Insha'Allah it will begin with people such as yourself who see wrong and have a desire to change. I also know that you are right, that until I've lived that life..I will never know.

I truly feel that if the youth of today would take Islam and being a Muslim more seriously, then the state of the Ummah and world would begin to change. You may call me a dreamer because of my words...but as a Mother, a wife, and most importantly a Muslim...I have trust that my dreams will someday become reality. Even if it starts with the smallest of things.

Insha'Allah you are in the best of health and not causing too much of a commotion here ;)

May Allah suhbana ta'aala bless you in more ways than one and help you in making a difference in this world and more importantly..in Pakistan!

al-Khansaa

وَاتَّقُواْ اللَّهَ
Assalaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaah,

subhaanAllah, what a beautiful thread....may ALLAH [azzawajal] bless you all. Allaahuma aameen.

ukhti zainsmommy, i will pm you inshaAllah...

Wassalaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaah

warda A

Sister
asalam aleikum sister
i would just like to welcome you back and inshalla your emaan will grow stronger
i know nothing about pakistan apart from what i read but i suppose the problems they have are faced by many more countries
salam

sha587

Shahid abdullah
I respect your emotions. But if i were you i will never ask this question to everyone will come up with his favorite organization. If you want to help people than find someone in your place i mean where you live.

For those who thinks Pakistan is worse country. I dont have any problem fine good, but one question tell me Mr perfect. People comes up with "facts".

Searching_soul

:salam2:

i dint know there were so many pakistani brothers and sisters over here..... Masha Allah :) im not a pakistani, but i have a lotta friends from pakistan who just try to ape the west in certain ways, so i really dint think there were many faithful muslims from pakistan who care to join a Muslim forum such as this one..... i guess im mistaken..... May Allah (swt) bless u all..... But i feel pakistan as a country should reform islamically and not be a puppet to the west... And i know there are many muslims youth who crave for that change within pakistan...
Insha ALLAH im waiting for that time.....

:wasalam:

palestine

Servant of Allah

:salam2: brother podolski just becuase many are arrogant or lie doesn't mean that they're all like that. take somalia as example: they killed each other and still are over who's tribe is better. each tribe wants to be the one that controls somalia. and instead of looking over their differences in tribes they kill each other because of it althought they are somalis all together. sure they brought this upon themselves with their own hands- but i know that not all somalis are like this. there are those who are doing their part to free the land from ignorance and arrogance and who are trying to reunite the somalis as MUSLIMS. and not as NATIONALISTS. i'm one of those. and although these are my people (due to color) i still do and try to break the cycle of hate and i try to be A MUSLIM all the way, instead of a nationalist, or tribalist or racist. so my point is, there are many among the pakistanis whom you can trust. i have even met pakistani shaykhs. and i'm positively sure there are many in pakistan and in the usa that can be trusted. i'm also sure there must be many organizations you can trust as well. sister zainsmommy firstly welcome back. secondly i have a suggestion. somalia is going through a hard time- so what me and my sisters in islam have done is that we tell people to donate their clothes that they do not need, that could still be used. we wash them, iron them and send them off to many needless parts in somalia. they take it by ship. so my suggestion is start doing that in the your area. also when they bring bags of clothings they must also bring with it enough money to ship it off. 40-80$. and as an individual what i have done is that i have collected money from my schoolmates who are muslims and then send it to needy familys, especially orphan childrens' families. and inshallah you'll figure out more things. and brother podolski please don't be offended, i wasn't making you the target, i just wanted to be clear on trusting pakistanis. and remember brother whether you can trust them or not, they're your people and you're one of those whom they wait for to make a difference in pakistan. you can be one of those that can stop the distrust among pakistanis by uniting them as muslims and by helping them see that they are muslims and should stay as muslims. :salam2:

MOSABJA

There are lots of good charity organizations in Pakistan.Many of them have offices in US and Europe.Nut recently many were banned because US thought that funds were given to Alqaeda.

Any way now EIDHI foundation has started a program in Pakistan where by they would feed the poor .That ll be surely used in a proper way.Abdul Sattar Eidhi was nominated for nobel prize.He is Mashallah a very good Muslim .

http://www.edhifoundation.com/edhi-donations.asp

then yes there is Imran Khan's Shaukat Khanam.Thats also good.

besides these organiztions there is Hafiz Saeed's Al khidmat trust that is doing a dual job of Funding Mujahideen in Afghanistan and also Humanitarian works.

In Madressahs there are many organizations funding Mujahideen as well.

I live in pakistan.I think situation is normal.May be improving.Bombings have ended.Inflation is there.But thats due to previous gov,Hope this new gov settles it in 1 year or so.

the biggest headache is US presence in Afghanistan.That really annoys Pakistanis.makes us angry.If I were not a student I would have been in Afghanistan shooting and killing NATO.Still not sure if fate takes me there.