near death experiences

safiya58

:salam2:

I´ve read an article about near death experiences. A young american teacher named Pam Reynolds had to undergo a very dificult operation beause she had a brain aneurysm. (an abnormal bulging outward of one of the arteries in the brain)

before the surgical intervention the surgeons put her in a condition which was similar to death. Her body temperature was declined to 15.5 degrees. Her heartbeat and breathing was deadlocked. Blood was flowing off the brain and the brainwaves falled off. She was clinically dead.

after the successfulyl life-saving-operation she described exactly the process of the operation. she was even able to repeat what the surgeons and nurses was talking about.

Further she has described how she felt that her soul was leaving her body. And she saw something like a tunnel and in the end of it was a light. She said she heard her dead grandmother calling her and wanting her to go to her....

There are many people like Pam telling about similar experiences...

However this confuses me somehow... What does Islam say to this... Does anyone know?

:wasalam:

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I think that to test a moment like the death,none could come back and tell us how is the death,I heard about similar storiers about it,me too I had a similare experience,but I can't be sure that before dying we will pass through a tunnel.Several times I fainted up and saw a White light bringing me.I remember that I felt so good that when I woke up I wished to fait up again.I may suppose that a body in that situation is able to build in its mind what it images,so that if I believe that seeing a tunnel with a light in its end may give me a good sensation,my brain will record that moment and it will send that "suggestion" to my body and I'll see that tunnel.
Try to think to the "miracles" that "happen" in the world! The Collective mind is able to create what it doesn't exist:for example in Italy,or in Lourdes or some other places in which there is a big religious influence,in some occasions of the year,people say to see the face of Maryam(AS),the mother of Yisa(AS) or to perceive the signs of the "Passion of Christ"on their body...
What can we say about the experience of death?I think that each creature will taste the death,but he will have not the chance to come back and narrate what he saw.:)

safiya58

yes I think that is a very good explanation. Thanks sister. But it´s irritating that everyone who had near death experiences talks about that "light-tunnel"

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

safiya58

it sounds logical. Jazak Allahu ckair for your answer brother Shaheerpak. But how can it be explained that Pam Reynolds knows exactly about the process of the operation... and what the surgon and nurses was talking about during the operation....?

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

it sounds logical. Jazak Allahu ckair for your answer brother Shaheerpak. But how can it be explained that Pam Reynolds knows exactly about the process of the operation... and what the surgon and nurses was talking about during the operation....?

thats simple, im not sure you know this but when they put you to sleep, local anesthetic the medical term for it, in many cases its not 100%, it has happened many times too and you will hear stories that the patient went thru the whole operation while he was paralyzed but could see and hear everything.
Its because local anesthetic works differently for everyone, and it is possible that his hearing senses were still working :)

hope it makes more sense now :)

safiya58

I don´t wanna be a strain on your nerves.... but that person was clinical dead. So it is not possible to ralize anything for her... is it? I thought may a jin whispered to her...?

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
yeah,maybe because it's what everybody before dying wishes to see...When I was Hinduist I was so suggested by the images of the statues and pictures,that before going to sleep(I was only 5 years old,so I couldn't understand that statues didn't speak),I used to call the "divinity" and when I closed my eyes,it came on my bed...the human mind is able to see the elephant flying!!!!

weakslave

As long as one is conscious they are in possession of their mind. What the mind makes out to be real and what is actually reality are one and the same to the mind and body.

She experienced a different kind of feeling, she assumed that is what happens when you are "near death". Her mind conjured up images of tunnels and light, because like my most people she is heavily influenced by movies and the likes and these thoughts are forced into existance and the mind simulates reality.

For example, sometimes we confuse dreams with reality and vice-versa. Very common occurance, and depending on the state of the mind everything can potentially be deemed as "real".

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
my father in April 2008 had a terrible accident,he lose much blood,his legs were totally broken and he was in Coma for many hours.He too was clinically dead!it was given to him some medicaments that needed to help him to wake up.He had a delyrium,he said that he saw the Death,he saw that famous tunnel,but the worst thing he said that above the death there was himself!!!!!!probably there was a Jinn brething those words!how can I could believe to his words?!I suppose that it was the effect of those medicins,which made him to see what his mind wished to see.

safiya58

thank you all for replying. But I´m not really satisfied with the answers :( I like shaheerpaks answers but one thing I still can not understand....
I too think that maybe a jin whispered to her.....?

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I may say that the world of Jinn is something parallel to our world,so it may be possible that a person should pass from their world before dying,so that his mind can memorize only the little part of that landscape and when he wakes up,he remembers only the light.but I'm of the idea that to narrate how the death is,it is necessary to be dead:wasalam:

safiya58

yes sister hayat i thought of that too. And you are right how can I know about the life after death if I never have tasted death... I´ve also read once on a post here that whenever a human is born there is sametime also a jin born... I´m not sure anymore about this.... Allahu Alim...

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
sister Safiya,I only made a thought,I heard some people telling that their moment near the death was terrible,cause they said to have seen monsters and fire burning their body...Ashaytan makes to see even the hole where there isn't.I read in some part of Quran how the death is:for those who were good,it will be showed to him the Book of his actions on the right hand,while for those who were bad,the angel of Death will come and hurt the back of the misbeliever and he will suffer the pain of the Hell.Eveything is written in the Quran,I prefere to follow what is written there,so I avoid to make confusion.

arzafar

well i have been near people at their death bed. recently my grandfather passed away and the night before the day he died, he was calling names of relatives who had passed away. The doctor had told us then that his time is near and he turned out to be correct.

the Arabic word موت(Mawt) doesn't equate with the English word death. The muslim says duaa, to that effect.

we have a body and ruh(I think in English it is what they call soul and in some cases I have heard spirit; ie he has a good spirit).

Your ruh, when you sleep or die is intact(alert and aware). It may travel and leave the body. Some people recollect the events and others do not.

In fact, after certain amount days of pregnancy, the ruh is blown into the child. The ruh felt the presence of Allah, that is why a child born is born on the fitra of la illaha il-Allah.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
I don´t wanna be a strain on your nerves.... but that person was clinical dead. So it is not possible to ralize anything for her... is it? I thought may a jin whispered to her...?

well you see , it could have been possible during the operation his CO2 lvl raised which caused him this effect and the CO2 lvl would have raised due to the longitivety or seriousness of the operation, the article i gave you if you read it talks most of the patient that had a cardiac operation so like a bypass had these near death experience, you have to realize the body is exposed to the atmosphere during the operation, so it is a CO2 exposed environment, our epithermic layer and lungs are not the permeable barrier between CO2 and blood.
and he could have been hearing due to the impairment of the anesthetic.

ABout the clinical dead part, you have to realize that a person is clinically dead when his heart stop beating and you cant track the nerves at that time cuz there is no blood flowing, but at that point they would apply electric shock i forgot the name of the application but i have trained for it and know the effect of it, it will give the heart a electric boost which could result in it start beating again.

So if you add all those things together, it seems very logical, he was in critical condition, and CO2 level increased causing him to hallucinate, also one more thing you have to take into consideration is whats going on in the person's mind as well, Maybe he was thinking wat the doctors would be saying and then it would all look like a dream which seems very real. but if he had pointed out wat exactly the doctors said then i would say his hearing was impaired and he was able to hear and his brain could process the information whilie he was hallucinating.

:) hope it makes sense and there is no need to apologize you can ask as many times as u like.