New forbidden prayer times thread

Turning Islamic

Hi guys some you of replied to my old thread which I am grateful for but my question seems it still has not been answered fully. So far I have understood you can not pray at 3 times sunrise, midday and sunset. Can anyone tell me what time midday is and is it always the same? Finally can you tell me when sunrise and sunset is according to namaz times like for today ( link for wbesite containing prayer times) iccuk.org

Abul Harith

Staff member
Hi guys some you of replied to my old thread which I am grateful for but my question seems it still has not been answered fully. So far I have understood you can not pray at 3 times sunrise, midday and sunset. Can anyone tell me what time midday is and is it always the same? Finally can you tell me when sunrise and sunset is according to namaz times like for today ( link for wbesite containing prayer times) iccuk.org

Asalam 'Alaikum wa rahmatullah,

Firstly Turning Islamic this is an Islamic forum and we begin with the salam insha'Allah. I would like also to welcome you to TTI.

Yes there are three times in which offering the prayer is not allowed in Islam:

1) Sunrise
2) Zawwal - the true midday (also called the zenith) where the sun is above the observer and there is no shadow cast.
3) Sunset.

You asked what time the midday is in your question. This time is constantly changing every day as the earth is moving and days become longer and shorter. But as a rough estimation it is the time that is exactly in between sunrise and sunset - ie the middle of the day.

Turning Islamic

ok sorry for not saying salam and what range so say is sunrise is 07:00 and sunset is 16:30 the mid timing would be 11:15 so can you pray at 11:16 or 11:30 or 12:00

Izache Corzo

ok sorry for not saying salam and what range so say is sunrise is 07:00 and sunset is 16:30 the mid timing would be 11:15 so can you pray at 11:16 or 11:30 or 12:00

Brother, I fixed my answer in the old post. Please check it out. Or if you want I can post it here.
Assalamu’alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Turning Islamic

Salam thank you for response you have answered all questions but you said midday is 12:00 so can a person pray at 12:01, 12:05 or 12:15 seeing as zuhr adhan is 11:50 approx now once again jazzak allah

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam:

Sunrise time is 20 minutes from the point when Fajr time ends.

Zawal time is 20 minutes before Dhuhr begins.

Sunset time is 20 minutes before Maghrib begins.

Please correct me if this is the wrong info, but it's what I always heard.