New islamic name

Searching4Truth

When someone converts to islam, and they choose a new name, are they only called that name by the muslim community? or do they actually go through the legal process of a name change?
I mean, its kindof hard to go by a new name when your birth certificate and i.d or license say otherwise.
Just curious.
Thanx :)

A

abdul ghaleeb

its up to you..as long as i the meaning of your old name doesnt contradict your religion and your creed.

May Alaah..(swt)
en-nur ul jemil ir rahim ( the most beautiful and merciful light) peirce all the kaafirin(those that disbelieve in Alaah(swt) in his final messenger(saws) and in his final instructions for worship(islam)

All praise do to Allaah(swt) for the growing number of converts.
in this age may Alaah(swt) make them and all born muslim his prized gems

may he make us (his muslimin) inheritors of a life of bliss in this world and in the next!!!

amin

Zarra

Salam

I changed my name legally about 7 months after I reverted, mashallah. I decided that I wanted a name which had islamic connotations and also, as it was a new beginning, I wanted a new identity..if that makes sense.

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
Salam

I changed my name legally about 7 months after I reverted, mashallah. I decided that I wanted a name which had islamic connotations and also, as it was a new beginning, I wanted a new identity..if that makes sense.

:salam2:

Of course that makes sense. Congrats on your new identity lol. Insha Allah it is going well with your life change.

:wasalam:

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
I kept my born name. My name is Gaelic and means Rose. The spelling is not Gaelic but the meaning is there. I decided as my name was non religious i would keep it.

Obviously if i was called Christina it would have to change!

Some people are happy to change their name as it signifies they are Muslim.

Aliyah206

sallam
u don't have to change ur name and go throught the whole process dear..u can i guess keep ur name ..thats if ur comfortable with it..

arabiantxn

Salaam aliqum, welcome to Turn to Islam, it’s our pleasure to host you searching4truth. May you find the truth you seek ! As for you question I think others have answered it well. Take care & good luck !