UmYasmina

Assalamu aleikum sisters and brothers. I was raised as Christian and converted to Islam (alhamdullilah) 13 years ago. Since then, I've been reading and learning about Islam and doing my best to live life the way Allah tells us through the Noble Quran and the Hadith of Prophet Muhammad(pbuh). Every day I thank Allah for guiding me to Islam. May Allah be with all the faithful Muslims and Muhmin and guide others to Islam.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh, welcome to the site sister UmYasmina !

Can you tell us more about your journey to Islam. We would be keen to know more in sha Allah.

wasalam

UmYasmina

Jazaak Allah brother. I have known Allah since I can remember, and I've always been searching for Truth. My mother and her father were strong Protestant Christian German Americans from the midwest. They were my examples of kindness and generosity. However, attending church every Sunday of my life and memorizing from the Bible, left me with more questions than I could find answers to. There was always an emptyness in my worship, uncertainty. I had faith, but I hadn't been shown the best way to practice it. In my twenties I met a Muslim family. They were different than anyone I'd ever known. They had something that I wanted, Peace. Everything they did had good purpose behind it. They weren't selfish or greedy or harsh or arrogant or backbiting or any of the ways I was used to from people I'd known in my life. They quietly prayed and fasted and didn't make a show about it. They loved Allah and I wanted what they had. Allah had opened the door to what I had been looking for my whole life, alhamdullilah! After reading the Noble Quran completely through and learning how to pray, I said the Shahada. These words are truly the best words I'd ever said. And I meant it from the bottom of my heart, and work every day to be closer to Allah. Anyone reading this who is concidering converting to Islam, do it. There is nothing better you can do in this life. Worship our Lord as He taught us to worship Him, you will have True Peace. Salam.

muslimg

Jazaak Allah brother. I have known Allah since I can remember, and I've always been searching for Truth. My mother and her father were strong Protestant Christian German Americans from the midwest. They were my examples of kindness and generosity. However, attending church every Sunday of my life and memorizing from the Bible, left me with more questions than I could find answers to. There was always an emptyness in my worship, uncertainty. I had faith, but I hadn't been shown the best way to practice it. In my twenties I met a Muslim family. They were different than anyone I'd ever known. They had something that I wanted, Peace. Everything they did had good purpose behind it. They weren't selfish or greedy or harsh or arrogant or backbiting or any of the ways I was used to from people I'd known in my life. They quietly prayed and fasted and didn't make a show about it. They loved Allah and I wanted what they had. Allah had opened the door to what I had been looking for my whole life, alhamdullilah! After reading the Noble Quran completely through and learning how to pray, I said the Shahada. These words are truly the best words I'd ever said. And I meant it from the bottom of my heart, and work every day to be closer to Allah. Anyone reading this who is concidering converting to Islam, do it. There is nothing better you can do in this life. Worship our Lord as He taught us to worship Him, you will have True Peace. Salam.

Salam alaikum sister !
Welcome to this great forum :)
I'm glad to have you here sister and your journey to Islam was really great

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

Welcome to forum and also welcome to the path of Islam.

May your path be as your name; full of smell of yasmins.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
:wasalam:

Salam to all
Hi sister,
Welcome to tti,
great to have you here~Alhamdulillah!

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslims~Amin!
Take care,
~Wassalam :)