Newly Reverts - Do you pray in Arabic ?

BigAk

:salam2:

So.. I need some help and info. I have a brother in our local masjid who just recently reverted al hamdu lil Lah.. He has asked me to meet with him tomorrow to teach him how to pray; which I'll be happily doing. My question is; what is the best way to proceed? He does not know a lick of Arabic of course. So, shall I teach him how to pray but say the prayers in English?? or What do I do? Thank you all for all your help.

Amina 1

:wasalam:

I think you should teach him both. When I pray I say a verse in arabic and then in english. It would be better for him to get familiar with the arabic. May Allah bless you for guiding him:tti_sister::tti_sister:

DanyalSAC

Teach the Al Fatiha first. It was easy for me to remember because it rhymed, I just learned one line at a time.

revert2007

Love Fishing
:salam2:

So.. I need some help and info. I have a brother in our local masjid who just recently reverted al hamdu lil Lah.. He has asked me to meet with him tomorrow to teach him how to pray; which I'll be happily doing. My question is; what is the best way to proceed? He does not know a lick of Arabic of course. So, shall I teach him how to pray but say the prayers in English?? or What do I do? Thank you all for all your help.

Assalamualikum.I am not a new revert but I can help here in sha Allah.

It is better to always begin the prayer with arabic as if they pray in English,the prayer is not valid and they will get use to it.I prayed my first independant prayer within 24 hours of converting and I did it in Arabic.I memorised Al-fatihah and the rest of the sentences i need to say 3 times.I struggled a bit for tashahud though.If he hasn't memorised anything yet,it is better for him to pray congregation prayer.As he is a brother,it is always easy for him to pray in the mosque In sha Allah

Here is the approach for you to teach him.

1.Teach him Al-Fatihah. He must know how to pronounce them well and he must memorise them.I took less than 24 hours to memorsie and I am not an Arab.If I can do it,others can as well.

2.Teach him the prayer steps -the steps and what else you need to say in the prayer so that the prayer will be valid.No need for short surah.Al-Fatihah is sufficient enough.

3.Teach him how to pronounce Tashahud.He doesn't need to memorise now as there will be alot to memorise.Just ask him to print/write down the transliteration of Tashahud and paste it at the place where he sujud.Write by refering to it.Tell him when he must point out his index finger and so on.

I have attached the material to learn how to pray.Download it and give it to him.

al-fatihah
u can visit this website

learn tashahud here

A-Z salah materials (Recommended)

Need Acrobat reader 9.0 so that the audio in pdf can be played.

feel free to ask if you need any further help in sha Allah.

May Allah The Exalted reward you for your good intention.Assalamualikum.

Attachments

• Learn_salah_Tool_Kit.zip
    12.5 MB · Views: 13

4mMadara2Amina

As salam alykom :)

I learned straight ahead the prayers in Arabic and than slowly I get the meaning too. It is necessary to know how to spell in Arabic and than to know it into English will be much easier. But actually each one of us has different way of learning. Mine was like this :)

May ALLAH make things easy for the reverts and bless all the world's Muslimah. Amen. :tti_sister:

BigAk

Wow... This is awesome.. Thank you all for all your help and support. Jazakum Allah khair'an. I appreciate all the useful links and material. This makes my job easy insha Allah. :D