Night of Power

sal12

Assalamu alaykum,

Ramadhan Mubarak to you all. I have a question regarding Laylatul Qadr. The Quran says Laylatul Qadr falls on one of the last 10 odd nights of Ramadhan and doesn't mention which night, so why does everyone only stay up to pray and read Quran on the 27th?

Jazakalluhu khayr

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
It is not certain that The Night of Power is on the 27th. We should pray in every night of Ramadan even and odd.

If someone can post this Hadith, that would be great inshallah.:hijabi:

muharram23

Staff member
Salamu alaykum

just like to say that laylatul qadr does not mean the night of power and is an incorrect translation and goes against the correct aqida (belief) in Allah sva. I am sure you are familiar with al qadr. Al qadr is the devine decree, what Allah writes that will happen. The six principle of imaam is to believe in qadr the good and evil of it as is mentioned in Hadith of jibreel as. So, laylatul qadr does not mean power but it mean the night of decree. That night Allah sends down decrees for what will happen for the next year.

Many Muslims say it's the 27th and there are differences amongs the ulema. But is better to spend the last ten days looking for it as mentioned in hadith.

Then again some Muslim have made it as a fixed day Allah knows best cause either they want to raise money in masjid. Every year the have a fundraiser 27th and say it's laylatul qadr so people give more.

Maybe they mistranslated laylatul qadr even further to mean " the night of fundraiser".

Lol

Allah knows best

wassalam

sal12

Assalamu alaykum,

Thank you for your replies, though I'm even more confused now! :confused: I guess I need to do my own research on it since it's such an important night and if I find any explanation on Laylatul Qadr/Night of Power/Night of Decree/al-Qadr/al-Qadha I'll post them insha'allah!

Jazakalluhu khayran anyway!