Niqab

belledame2

Muslimah in my heart
What is there in the Qu'ran that says niqab is necessary? I know the hadith and sunnahs say stuff but what about Qu'ran itself? I am debating whether or not to wear niqab. Thank you.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
The Noble Qur'an - Al-Ahzab 33:59

O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils)* all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
*the arabic word here is Jalabeeb (plural of Jalbaab), which is the loose outer garment that covers all a woman's body. It says here to use the Jalabeeb to cover all, and scholars say this means to use it to cover her head (agree upon by all scholars) and her face (agreed by many scholars, not all) and one or both eyes, in order for it to be known that she is a free woman and so not to be exposed to any harm.

belledame2

Muslimah in my heart
Thank you

I appreciate all this information and will peruse it when I have more time. Thank you all very much.:tti_sister: