NO WATER NO DIRT

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

We had a water main break which has caused the water to be contaminated. We live in a small city where practically every square inch of ground is either paved or blacktopped. I had a stockpile of water and was able to get more from family members in another town. But, it made me realize 1st how blessed with are who can spend millions or perhaps billions of dollars on potable water to spray on a lawns, cars, etc while many places in the world don't have drinking water. My wife and I made a donation a few years back to drill a well in a African Country and haven't thought much about their blight since. We had also sponsored a child in an economically destitute countries. But, when America falls into third world status and the chemicals and other hazardous materials that we have been putting in the water for decades if not over a century make our water polluted, will we be able to survive or for that matter even find an acceptable way to do Wudu? I really wish we spent the money that we spent in wars into wells and other humanitarian endeavors.

Right now there is a court case over some people requesting information through the Freedom of Information Act. The district attorney said, "We don't want to take away anyone's rights; we just want to stop them from using them so much!" (Seriously.)( That one has to go up on the websites things people actually said in court.)

Were I not able to get water for wudu, what should I have done? Maybe went to the woods and found some dirt?

Was Sallam.

salahdin

سُوۡرَةُ الاٴعرَاف

۞ يَـٰبَنِىٓ ءَادَمَ خُذُواْ زِينَتَكُمۡ عِندَ كُلِّ مَسۡجِدٍ۬ وَڪُلُواْ وَٱشۡرَبُواْ وَلَا تُسۡرِفُوٓاْ*!ۚ إِنَّهُ ۥ لَا يُحِبُّ ٱلۡمُسۡرِفِينَ (٣١)

Al-Araf

O children of Adam! wear your beautiful apparel at every time and place of prayer: eat and drink: but waste not by excess for Allah loveth not the wasters. (31)
7:31

and we made every living thing of water. Surah Al-Ambiya (21:30)

The Prophet forbids wasting this precious resource even when it is available in abundance, since a hadith instructs Muslims: "Do not waste water, even if you perform your ablution on the banks of an abundantly-flowing river." In another hadith, transmitted by Abu Daoud, the Prophet says: "Guard against these three accursed things: relieving yourself near a spring, at the roadside or in the shade (70)

Islam is a universal religion and has the solution for every problem of mankind in its Law. Like other necessities of life, Islam accords great importance to water too. The Holy Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) has urged the Ummah to save water and not to waste it. Accordingly, there is a Hadith in Sunan Ibn Majah, Vol 1, Pg No: 34 and in Musnad Imam Ahmed:

Translation: It has been narrated on the authority of Hadhrat Abdullah bin 'Umar (May Allah be well pleased with both of them), that the Holy Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) passed by Hadhrat Sa'ad (May Allah be well pleased with him) when he was performing wuzu. He (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) said: What wastage is this? Hadhrat Sa'ad said: Is there wastage in wuzu also? The Holy Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) said: Yes, even if you are at a flowing river.

Again in Sunan Ibn Majah, Vol 1, Pg No: 34, there is another Hadith:

Translation: It has been narrated on the authority of Hadhrat Abdullah bin 'Umar (May Allah be well pleased with both of them), that the Holy Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) passed by a person performing wuzu. He (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) said: Do not waste (water), do not use more water than you need it.

ISLAM IS A WAY OF LIFE