Okk I have a question

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
:salam2:

Oh my God! I just saw sister *AmatuAllah4lyf*'s thread and I was so happy to know I'm not the only one annoying you guys with questions :D. I'm just joking (sister *AmatuAllah4lyf* :D ) Anyways, thank you SOO much sister!!! LOL I feel alot better now hehe. I'm not alone ;)

ANYWAYSS...back to my question (sorry I always get off topic) Okk in surah Kahf, Allah says :

103. Say (O Muhammad ): "Shall We tell you the greatest losers in respect of (their) deeds?

104. "Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life while they thought that they were acquiring good by their deeds!

105. "They are those who deny the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of their Lord and the Meeting with Him (in the Hereafter). So their works are in vain, and on the Day of Resurrection, We shall not give them any weight.

106. "That shall be their recompense, Hell; because they disbelieved and took My Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and My Messengers by way of jest and mockery.

Okk, now these verses " Say (O Muhammad ): "Shall We tell you the greatest losers in respect of (their) deeds? Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life while they thought that they were acquiring good by their deeds!" really scared me. Like REALLY. I'm afraid that maybe...Allah has not accepted my good deeds :(

In the verse after says "They are those who deny the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of their Lord and the Meeting with Him (in the Hereafter). So their works are in vain, and on the Day of Resurrection, We shall not give them any weight."

So this explains those type of people but...how come it says "Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life while they thought that they were acquiring good by their deeds!"

So those who deny Allah's Ayats, THINK they are STILL doing good??

I'm so sorry, but I'm extremely confused. And I'm wondering if someone could explain this please. First, who are those people "Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life while they thought that they were acquiring good by their deeds!"

Could someone help me out please?

Thankxx

:hearts:

Shishani

Staff member
Wa 'alaykum as-salaam.

It is no wonder that you are scared of that aayah, because the 'Ulamaa (scholars) of Islaam have said that it is the most frightening verse in the Qur-aan.

Allaah says in His Book:
وَزَيَّنَ لَهُمُ الشَّيْطَانُ أَعْمَالَهُمْ
"wa zayyana lahum ash-shaytaan a'maalahum"
and shaytaan has made their deeds fair-seeming to them

The mushrikoon (polytheists), they think that they are doing well. For example the idolworshippers in the time of the Prophet (or of our time), they were doing acts of worship, and calling up dead people, idols, trees, angels, etc. They thought they were acting correctly, but they weren't... Anyone who commits shirk knowing it is shirk, is a mushrik for whom Allaah has forbidden Paradise.

See below for the explanation of those verses.

Shishani

Staff member
The Greatest Losers in respect of (Their) Deeds
(Tafsir Ibn Kathir http://tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=18&tid=30895)

The Greatest Losers in respect of (Their) Deeds

Al-Bukhari recorded from `Amr that Mus`ab who said: "I asked my father -- meaning Sa`d bin Abi Waqqas -- about Allah's saying,

[قُلْ هَلْ نُنَبِّئُكُم بِالاٌّخْسَرِينَ أَعْمَـلاً ]

(Say: "Shall We tell you the greatest losers in respect of (their) deeds'') `Are they the Haruriyyah' He said, `No, they are the Jews and Christians. As for the Jews, they disbelieved in Muhammad , and as for the Christians, they disbelieved in Paradise and said that there is no food or drink there, and the Haruriyyah are those who break Allah's covenant after ratifying it.' Sa`d used to call them Al-Fasiqin (the corrupt). `Ali bin Abi Talib, Ad-Dahhak and others said: "They are the Haruriyyah,'' so this means, that according to `Ali, may Allah be pleased with him, this Ayah includes the Haruriyyah just as it includes the Jews, the Christians and others. This does not mean that the Ayah was revealed concerning any of these groups in particular; it is more general than that, because the Ayah was revealed in Makkah, before the Qur'an addressed the Jews and Christians, and before the Khawarij existed at all. So the Ayah is general and refers to everyone who worships Allah in a way that is not acceptable, thinking that he is right in doing that and that his deeds will be accepted, but he is mistaken and his deeds will be rejected, as Allah says:

[وُجُوهٌ يَوْمَئِذٍ خَـشِعَةٌ - عَامِلَةٌ نَّاصِبَةٌ - تَصْلَى نَاراً حَامِيَةً ]

(Some faces, that Day will be humiliated. Laboring, weary. They will enter in the hot blazing Fire.) [88:2-4]

[وَقَدِمْنَآ إِلَى مَا عَمِلُواْ مِنْ عَمَلٍ فَجَعَلْنَاهُ هَبَآءً مَّنثُوراً ]

(And We shall turn to whatever deeds they did, and We shall make such deeds as scattered floating particles of dust.) [25:23]

[وَالَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ أَعْمَـلُهُمْ كَسَرَابٍ بِقِيعَةٍ يَحْسَبُهُ الظَّمْآنُ مَآءً حَتَّى إِذَا جَآءَهُ لَمْ يَجِدْهُ شَيْئاً]

(As for those who disbelieved, their deeds are like a mirage in a desert. The thirsty one thinks it to be water, until he comes up to it, he finds it to be nothing) [24:39] And in this Ayah Allah says:

[قُلْ هَلْ نُنَبِّئُكُم]

(Say: "Shall We tell you...'') meaning, `Shall We inform you;'

[بِالاٌّخْسَرِينَ أَعْمَـلاً]

(the greatest losers in respect of (their) deeds) Then Allah explains who they are, and says:

[الَّذِينَ ضَلَّ سَعْيُهُمْ فِى الْحَيَوةِ الدُّنْيَا]

(Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life) meaning, they did deeds that do not count, deeds that are not in accordance with the prescribed way that is acceptable to Allah.

[وَهُمْ يَحْسَبُونَ أَنَّهُمْ يُحْسِنُونَ صُنْعًا]

(while they thought that they were acquiring good by their deeds.) means, they thought that there was some basis for their deeds and that they were accepted and loved.

[أُوْلَـئِكَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ بِـَايَـتِ رَبِّهِمْ وَلِقَائِهِ]

(They are those who deny the Ayat of their Lord and the meeting with Him.) they denied the signs of Allah in this world, the proofs that He has established of His Oneness and of the truth of His Messengers, and they denied the Hereafter.

[فَلاَ نُقِيمُ لَهُمْ يَوْمَ الْقِيَـمَةِ وَزْناً]

(and on the Day of Resurrection, We shall assign no weight for them.) means, `We will not make their Balance heavy because it is empty of any goodness.' Al-Bukhari recorded that Abu Hurayrah said that the Messenger of Allah said:

«إِنَّهُ لَيَأْتِي الرَّجُلُ الْعَظِيمُ السَّمِينُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ لَا يَزِنُ عِنْدَ اللهِ جَنَاحَ بَعُوضَةٍ وَقَالَ: اقْرَءُوا إِنْ شِئْتُمْ:

[فَلاَ نُقِيمُ لَهُمْ يَوْمَ الْقِيَـمَةِ وَزْناً]

»

(A huge fat man will come forward on the Day of Resurrection and he will weigh no more than the wing of a gnat to Allah. Recite, if you wish): (and on the Day of Resurrection, We shall assign no weight for them) It was also recorded by Muslim.

[ذَلِكَ جَزَآؤُهُمْ جَهَنَّمُ بِمَا كَفَرُواْ]

(That shall be their recompense, Hell; because they disbelieved) means, `We will punish them with that because of their disbelief and because they took the signs and Messengers of Allah as a joke, mocking them and disbelieving them in the worst way.'

islamistheway

Oh my God! I just saw sister *AmatuAllah4lyf*'s thread and I was so happy to know I'm not the only one annoying you guys with questions :D. I'm just joking (sister *AmatuAllah4lyf* :D ) Anyways, thank you SOO much sister!!! LOL I feel alot better now hehe. I'm not alone ;)

ANYWAYSS...back to my question (sorry I always get off topic) Okk in surah Kahf, Allah says :

103. Say (O Muhammad ): "Shall We tell you the greatest losers in respect of (their) deeds?

104. "Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life while they thought that they were acquiring good by their deeds!

105. "They are those who deny the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of their Lord and the Meeting with Him (in the Hereafter). So their works are in vain, and on the Day of Resurrection, We shall not give them any weight.

106. "That shall be their recompense, Hell; because they disbelieved and took My Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and My Messengers by way of jest and mockery.

Okk, now these verses " Say (O Muhammad ): "Shall We tell you the greatest losers in respect of (their) deeds? Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life while they thought that they were acquiring good by their deeds!" really scared me. Like REALLY. I'm afraid that maybe...Allah has not accepted my good deeds :(

In the verse after says "They are those who deny the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of their Lord and the Meeting with Him (in the Hereafter). So their works are in vain, and on the Day of Resurrection, We shall not give them any weight."

So this explains those type of people but...how come it says "Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life while they thought that they were acquiring good by their deeds!"

So those who deny Allah's Ayats, THINK they are STILL doing good??

I'm so sorry, but I'm extremely confused. And I'm wondering if someone could explain this please. First, who are those people "Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life while they thought that they were acquiring good by their deeds!"

Could someone help me out please?

Thankxx

Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life while they thought that they were acquiring good by their deeds!"

By this it means the christians ,hindus, etc who do many goods in this world such as giving charity,alms etc. But even though they did many good deeds its wasted because in the end they go to hell. Hope I helped

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
wow sister you scared the hell out me by your question.:shymuslima1:

CHECHENMAGA
ISLAMISTHE WAY
AYMAN1

:jazaak:FOR CLEARING IT ALL:tti_sister:

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Wa 'alaykum as-salaam.

It is no wonder that you are scared of that aayah, because the 'Ulamaa (scholars) of Islaam have said that it is the most frightening verse in the Qur-aan.

Allaah says in His Book:
وَزَيَّنَ لَهُمُ الشَّيْطَانُ أَعْمَالَهُمْ
"wa zayyana lahum ash-shaytaan a'maalahum"
and shaytaan has made their deeds fair-seeming to them

The mushrikoon (polytheists), they think that they are doing well. For example the idolworshippers in the time of the Prophet (or of our time), they were doing acts of worship, and calling up dead people, idols, trees, angels, etc. They thought they were acting correctly, but they weren't... Anyone who commits shirk knowing it is shirk, is a mushrik for whom Allaah has forbidden Paradise.

See below for the explanation of those verses.

Ohhh JazakAllahu khair bro :shymuslima1:. I was REALLY scared. I think I would have melted if I hadn't seen these replies.

JazakAllah again for clearing it up :).

May Allah reward you with the best of rewards. Ameen

Wasalam

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life while they thought that they were acquiring good by their deeds!"

By this it means the christians ,hindus, etc who do many goods in this world such as giving charity,alms etc. But even though they did many good deeds its wasted because in the end they go to hell. Hope I helped

Yes you have helped my dear brother/sister. JazakAllahu khair for your reply :)

Yes, a lot of people think they are doing the "Lord's work" while they worship a statue, a man, a fictional character, or what have you. These people may have their hearts in the right place but they're not using their minds. That's why they are losers. They follow their culture, heritage, peers, etc., instead of their conscience which knows who the true God is.

Then you have people who are truly deluded. They worship their desires, their opinions, their race, money, etc., and many of them think they got it right while others who worship God are fools for believing in someone no one has seen.

Finally, you have people who know who the true God is, read His scripture, learned what His messenger said, yet they have interpreted it all in the most bizarre, perverted way that lead them to kill thousands of innocent people and themselves thinking it is all pleasing to God and will admit them straight to paradise!!

God has summarized all this in the most eloquent way in Soorat-ul-Asr,

"Verily, man is in loss. Except those who had faith, worked righteous deeds, counseled each other with the truth and counseled each other with patience." (103:2-3)

Without counseling each other with the truth, man will most certainly be in loss. The truth is lost when you can tell that the teachings of the Church or Synagogue do not make sense but you still follow them, when you recognize after reading the Quran that it is the truth but you will not admit it, when you are raised Shee`i or Buddhist or Hindu and never give thought to the possibility that the true religion is something else that you can find for yourself.

اللهم أرنا الحق حقا وارزقنا اتباعه وأرنا الباطل باطلا وارزقنا اجتنابه
O God, show us the truth as truth and grant us that we follow it and show us falsehood as falsehood and grant us that we avoid it!

JazakAllah brother/sister. I was really confused! Because I thought Allah was talking about the Muslims at first. And I was really scared that maybe Allah hasn't accepted my good deeds :( And my efforts have been wasted. But thank you so much :) May Allah reward you with the best. Ameen

Wasalam :)

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
wow sister you scared the hell out me by your question.:shymuslima1:

CHECHENMAGA
ISLAMISTHE WAY
AYMAN1

:jazaak:FOR CLEARING IT ALL:tti_sister:

:wasalam:

I'm sorry sister. I didn't mean to scare you. I was actually pretty scared myself :shymuslima1:. And may Allah reward the brothers and sisters that helped cleared it all.

samiha

---------
Staff member

JazakAllaah khayr brother Ayman for bringing up that very important point. Just because we are Muslim, it does not guarantee us Jannah. It does not assure us the acceptance of our deeds. As he mentioned, the pious Predecessors of the past would always look toward their actions and evaluate them, they did not take anything for granted.

Even the Messenger of Allaah would warn and remind the Muslims about how each Deed they did would be counted, and to Fear Allaah, the hereafter that was to come, and not simply rejoice and be happy that, "We are Muslims so that means we get Jannah". This I am afraid is a feeling many people hold, and so I adjure them to look toward the following narrations:

`Adi bin Hatim (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah :saw: said, "Everyone of you will speak to his Rubb without an interpreter between them. He will look to his right side and will see only the deeds he had previously done; he will look to his left and will see only the deeds he had previously done, and he will look in front of him and will see nothing but Fire (of Hell) before his face. So protect yourselves from Fire (of Hell), even by giving half a date-fruit (in charity)".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Anas bin Malik (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah :saw: delivered a Khutbah to us the like of which I had never heard from him before. He said, "If you knew what I know, you would laugh little and weep much". Thereupon those present covered their faces and began sobbing.
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah :saw: said, "How can I feel at ease when the Angel of the Trumpet, (Israfil) has put his lips to the Trumpet and is waiting for the order to blow it". He :saw: perceived as if this had shocked his Companions, so he :saw: told them to seek comfort through reciting: `Hasbunallah wa ni`mal-Wakil [Allah (Alone) is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs (for us)]".
[At-Tirmidhi].

Some commentary given on this is as follows: This Hadith tells us about the fear of Allah and the fright of the Hereafter entertained by the Prophet (PBUH) and his Companions. It has a lesson for us that how, in spite of being innocent and having the assurance of the forgiveness of Allah, they were always fearful of Allah and the horrors of the Day of Resurrection. As against them, we are immersed in sins, neglect and violate the Divine injunctions day and night but even then we have neither the fear of Allah nor the fright of the Day of Resurrection.

Also like was said, even Muslims will go to the Hellfire, depending on their actions, their intentions etc...

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“When the Day of Resurrection comes, Allaah, may He be blessed and exalted, will come down to judge between His slaves, and every nation will be kneeling. The first ones to be called forth will be a man who learned the Qur’aan by heart, a man who fought for the sake of Allaah, and a man who had a lot of wealth. Allaah will say to the Qur’aan-reader, ‘Did I not teach you that which I revealed to My Messenger?’

He will say, ‘Yes, O Lord.’

He will say, ‘What did you do with that which I taught you?’

He will say, ‘I used to read it night and day.’

Allaah will say to him, ‘You have lied,’ and the angels will say to him, ‘You have lied.’

Allaah will say, ‘Rather you wanted it to be said that So and so is a reader of Qur’aan, and that is what was said.’

Then the wealthy man will be brought forth, and Allaah will say to him, ‘Did I not give you ample provision so that I did not leave you in need of anybody?’

He will say, ‘What did you do with that which I gave you?’

He will say, ‘I used to uphold the ties of kinship and give in charity.’

Allaah will say to him, ‘You have lied,’ and the angels will say to him, ‘You have lied.’

Allaah will say, ‘Rather you wanted it to be said that So and so is generous, and that is what was said.’

Then the one who was killed for the sake of Allaah will be brought forth and Allaah will say to him, ‘Why were you killed?’

He will say, ‘I was commanded to fight in Jihaad for Your sake, so I fought until I was killed.’

Allaah will say, ‘You wanted it to be said that So and so was courageous, and that is what was said.’”

Then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) struck my knee and said, “O Abu Hurayrah, these three are the first of the creation of Allaah who will be dragged into the Fire on the Day of Resurrection.”

(Narrated and classed as hasan by al-Tirmidhi, 2382; classed as saheeh by Ibn Hibbaan, 408, and Ibn Khuzaymah, 2482).

Usamah bin Zaid (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: Messenger of Allah :)saw:) said, "A man will be brought on the Day of Resurrection and will be cast into Hell, and his intestines will pour forth and he will go round them as a donkey goes round a millstone. The inmates of Hell will gather round him and say: `What has happened to you, O so-and-so? Were you not enjoining us to do good and forbidding us to do evil?' He will reply: `I was enjoining you to do good, but was not doing it myself; and I was forbidding you to do evil, but was doing it myself".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Ukhti, take a look at these people, I take this as a reminder for myself as well; how even though we are Muslim, as these people were, even though we may do good deeds, even though we may tell others to do good deeds, if these actions are not sincere, if they are not for the sake of Allaah alone, if we become cocky, if we do not strive to our utmost -- then still perhaps they will not be accepted, and Hellfire may still be our abode!

We have to work hard, and we should never feel entirely confident or stop being afraid. This type of fear is good, and it is recommended. We should always try to keep a balance between fear and hope InshaAllaah.

"Is one who is devoutly obedient during periods of the night, prostrating and standing [in prayer], fearing the Hereafter and hoping for the mercy of his Lord, [like one who does not]? " (Surah Zumar: 9)

May Allaah guide us and help us to keep this balance!

wasalam

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
First, God did not exclude Muslims in that verse. Muslims too can have their good deeds rejected! Like if they were showing off (riyaa') (2:264), seeking praise or social status instead of God's pleasure (11:15-16), following their charitable giving with condescending remarks (2:262).

Our good ancestors (as-Salaf as-Saalih) clearly understood this. Umar ibn Al-Khattaab (ra) was constantly afraid that he might be a hypocrite. He knew that the prophet (pbuh) entrusted Huzhayfa ibn Al-Yamaan (ra) with the names of all hypocrites. Umar kept begging Huzhayfa to tell him if he was one of them! Huzhayfa finally gave in and told him he wasn't!!

When God told us the stories of the people whom He punished, it wasn't for entertainment purposes, it was so that we don't do like they did. When God told us in detail the story of Moses (pbuh) and the Hebrews, it wasn't just a history lesson, it was so that we do not repeat their violations. Reflect on this verse,

62_5.gif
"The example of those who were entrusted with the Torah and then did not carry it on is like that of a donkey who carries volumes [of books]. How wretched an example of the people who deny the signs of God! And God does not guide the wrongdoing folk." (62:5)

Are we carrying the Quran?

Ohhh alright, I understand. Though I wasn't saying Muslims can't have their good deeds rejected. I meant, THAT verse wasnt talking about Muslims...right? :(.....

I mean yes of course Muslims can have their deeds rejected, but this verse is telling us about those who deny Allah's ayats. Right..??... I mean thats what you guys said! :( And thats what Allah says in the quran as well....no??? :shymuslima1:

"Like if they were showing off (riyaa')"

Thats true brother, but this verse is not talking about those people. Is it? :( Because those who show off, they KNOW they're not doing good. But the verse says "Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life while they thought that they were acquiring good by their deeds!" So Allah is not talking about those who show off...right??

:(

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu Alaikum :D

Oh my God! I just saw sister *AmatuAllah4lyf*'s thread and I was so happy to know I'm not the only one annoying you guys with questions:D. I'm just joking (sister *AmatuAllah4lyf*:D ) Anyways, thank you SOO much sister!!! LOL I feel alot better now hehe. I'm not alone ;)
hahaha!!! HIGH fIVE sister!! lol
makes me feel good too that you're my "Partner" in questioning!! Oh yea GO US!! lol
by the way, that part was FUNNNNNNNNYYY!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
and about the question......................well, aaaaamm, arrrmm, ehem, it has already been answered! lol

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!

JazakAllaah khayr brother Ayman for bringing up that very important point. Just because we are Muslim, it does not guarantee us Jannah. It does not assure us the acceptance of our deeds. As he mentioned, the pious Predecessors of the past would always look toward their actions and evaluate them, they did not take anything for granted.

Even the Messenger of Allaah would warn and remind the Muslims about how each Deed they did would be counted, and to Fear Allaah, the hereafter that was to come, and not simply rejoice and be happy that, "We are Muslims so that means we get Jannah". This I am afraid is a feeling many people hold, and so I adjure them to look toward the following narrations:

`Adi bin Hatim (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah :saw: said, "Everyone of you will speak to his Rubb without an interpreter between them. He will look to his right side and will see only the deeds he had previously done; he will look to his left and will see only the deeds he had previously done, and he will look in front of him and will see nothing but Fire (of Hell) before his face. So protect yourselves from Fire (of Hell), even by giving half a date-fruit (in charity)".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Anas bin Malik (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah :saw: delivered a Khutbah to us the like of which I had never heard from him before. He said, "If you knew what I know, you would laugh little and weep much". Thereupon those present covered their faces and began sobbing.
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah :saw: said, "How can I feel at ease when the Angel of the Trumpet, (Israfil) has put his lips to the Trumpet and is waiting for the order to blow it". He :saw: perceived as if this had shocked his Companions, so he :saw: told them to seek comfort through reciting: `Hasbunallah wa ni`mal-Wakil [Allah (Alone) is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs (for us)]".
[At-Tirmidhi].

Some commentary given on this is as follows: This Hadith tells us about the fear of Allah and the fright of the Hereafter entertained by the Prophet (PBUH) and his Companions. It has a lesson for us that how, in spite of being innocent and having the assurance of the forgiveness of Allah, they were always fearful of Allah and the horrors of the Day of Resurrection. As against them, we are immersed in sins, neglect and violate the Divine injunctions day and night but even then we have neither the fear of Allah nor the fright of the Day of Resurrection.

Also like was said, even Muslims will go to the Hellfire, depending on their actions, their intentions etc...

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“When the Day of Resurrection comes, Allaah, may He be blessed and exalted, will come down to judge between His slaves, and every nation will be kneeling. The first ones to be called forth will be a man who learned the Qur’aan by heart, a man who fought for the sake of Allaah, and a man who had a lot of wealth. Allaah will say to the Qur’aan-reader, ‘Did I not teach you that which I revealed to My Messenger?’

He will say, ‘What did you do with that which I taught you?’

He will say, ‘I used to read it night and day.’

Allaah will say, ‘Rather you wanted it to be said that So and so is a reader of Qur’aan, and that is what was said.’

Then the wealthy man will be brought forth, and Allaah will say to him, ‘Did I not give you ample provision so that I did not leave you in need of anybody?’

He will say, ‘What did you do with that which I gave you?’

He will say, ‘I used to uphold the ties of kinship and give in charity.’

Allaah will say, ‘Rather you wanted it to be said that So and so is generous, and that is what was said.’

Then the one who was killed for the sake of Allaah will be brought forth and Allaah will say to him, ‘Why were you killed?’

He will say, ‘I was commanded to fight in Jihaad for Your sake, so I fought until I was killed.’

Allaah will say, ‘You wanted it to be said that So and so was courageous, and that is what was said.’”

Then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) struck my knee and said, “O Abu Hurayrah, these three are the first of the creation of Allaah who will be dragged into the Fire on the Day of Resurrection.”

(Narrated and classed as hasan by al-Tirmidhi, 2382; classed as saheeh by Ibn Hibbaan, 408, and Ibn Khuzaymah, 2482).

Usamah bin Zaid (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: Messenger of Allah :)saw:) said, "A man will be brought on the Day of Resurrection and will be cast into Hell, and his intestines will pour forth and he will go round them as a donkey goes round a millstone. The inmates of Hell will gather round him and say: `What has happened to you, O so-and-so? Were you not enjoining us to do good and forbidding us to do evil?' He will reply: `I was enjoining you to do good, but was not doing it myself; and I was forbidding you to do evil, but was doing it myself".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Ukhti, take a look at these people, I take this as a reminder for myself as well; how even though we are Muslim, as these people were, even though we may do good deeds, even though we may tell others to do good deeds, if these actions are not sincere, if they are not for the sake of Allaah alone, if we become cocky, if we do not strive to our utmost -- then still perhaps they will not be accepted, and Hellfire may still be our abode!

We have to work hard, and we should never feel entirely confident or stop being afraid. This type of fear is good, and it is recommended. We should always try to keep a balance between fear and hope InshaAllaah.

"Is one who is devoutly obedient during periods of the night, prostrating and standing [in prayer], fearing the Hereafter and hoping for the mercy of his Lord, [like one who does not]? " (Surah Zumar: 9)

May Allaah guide us and help us to keep this balance!

wasalam

JazakAllahu khair sister. That was a good read.

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Assalamu Alaikum :D

hahaha!!! HIGH fIVE sister!! lol
makes me feel good too that you're my "Partner" in questioning!! Oh yea GO US!! lol
by the way, that part was FUNNNNNNNNYYY!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
and about the question......................well, aaaaamm, arrrmm, ehem, it has already been answered! lol

Walaikumu salam

High fives right back at you!! :D hehe

LOL yea go us!! :D:D Mann, I was waiting for your reply. I thought you'd reply first lol :D hehe at least you replied, or I would have told you to lol :D

LOL yea sis, the question has been answered Alhumdulillah :D hehe

Thankxx for the reply though :D I love youuuu :D

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Walaikumu salam

High fives right back at you!! :D hehe

LOL yea go us!! :D:D Mann, I was waiting for your reply. I thought you'd reply first lol :D hehe at least you replied, or I would have told you to lol :D

LOL yea sis, the question has been answered Alhumdulillah :D hehe

Thankxx for the reply though :D I love youuuu :D

lol you were waiting :laughing-dancing::laughing-dancing:............I guess I was trying to keep you waiting :lol::lol:
JOKE !!:lol::lol::lol:
AlhamduliAllah, I have seen this too and was eager to reply but just did not get the chance to......:D
you're very welcome;)
and and and and i love you too for Allah's sake!!!:SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252: