Our brothers'/sisters' sins

IslamicPearl

Abu Taalib, the uncle of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) died a kaafir, and Allaah forbade His Prophet to pray for forgiveness for him, even though he used to defend the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said in his poems.

This is one of more passages i read in several posts bout other muslim's sins.
My unclearity is that can we or not pray for other muslim's sins or at leats pray to help that person to regain his/her faith or closenest to Allah?

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
No. We can't pray for them sister, but make dua for them cause praying for them is Shirk as I heard but dua isn't. Oh and Abu Talib WAS a kaafir and so was Abu Mutalib, Abdullah ibn Abu Mutalib and...w-what's our prophet's mother's name?

ripefig

:salam2:

We are prohibited from praying (making Dua) for a Kafir after they die, however, as long as they are alive we can ask Allah most high to guide them etc. We can most certainly make dua for our Muslim Brothers and sisters, even after they die.:wasalam:

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
No. We can't pray for them sister, but make dua for them cause praying for them is Shirk as I heard but dua isn't. Oh and Abu Talib WAS a kaafir and so was Abu Mutalib, Abdullah ibn Abu Mutalib and...w-what's our prophet's mother's name?

Before the arrival of Prophet Muhammad (SAW), every person was not kaafir. There were people of The Book (Christians believing in God, Not Mushriks) and also the people who might not have worshipped any idols.
I would rather ask Brother Mabsoot about this issue, I can not surely say about the status of the Father and Mother of Prophet of Allah (SAW).

Please dont declare people as Kafirs so easily.

Wassalaam.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
As Salaamu Alaykum
Is there any proof that we can't pray for a Muslim's sins/a non-Muslim's sins? A Hadith states that praying for a Muslim's forgiveness is worth one good deed.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
As Salaamu Alaykum
Is there any proof that we can't pray for a Muslim's sins/a non-Muslim's sins? A Hadith states that praying for a Muslim's forgiveness is worth one good deed.

WaAlaikumussalaam WRWB,

We can pray for the muslims who have passed and for the muslims who are alive yet. Rasullullah s.a.w. said:
"when a person dies the reward of his actions also ends but there are three things the reward of which continues even after death,
firstly the continued sadaqah,
secondly, that knowledge from which others continue to benefit and
thirdly chaste and righteous offspring who may pray for him after his death."

Wassalaam,
VirtualEye.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
As Salaamu Alaykum

And about the reference of doing dua about non-Muslims:

The reference is not only in Ahadith but it is in Qur'an itself too. When Prophet Nooh (PBUH) did dua from Allah SWT about his Son, then Allah SWT forbade him to do so.

Here is the reference from Quran:

011.044 وَقِيلَ يَا أَرْضُ ابْلَعِي مَاءَكِ وَيَا سَمَاءُ أَقْلِعِي وَغِيضَ الْمَاءُ وَقُضِيَ الأمْرُ وَاسْتَوَتْ عَلَى الْجُودِيِّ وَقِيلَ بُعْدًا لِلْقَوْمِ الظَّالِمِينَ

011.045 وَنَادَى نُوحٌ رَبَّهُ فَقَالَ رَبِّ إِنَّ ابْنِي مِنْ أَهْلِي وَإِنَّ وَعْدَكَ الْحَقُّ وَأَنْتَ أَحْكَمُ الْحَاكِمِينَ

011.046 قَالَ يَا نُوحُ إِنَّهُ لَيْسَ مِنْ أَهْلِكَ إِنَّهُ عَمَلٌ غَيْرُ صَالِحٍ فَلا تَسْأَلْنِي مَا لَيْسَ لَكَ بِهِ عِلْمٌ إِنِّي أَعِظُكَ أَنْ تَكُونَ مِنَ الْجَاهِلِينَ

011.047 قَالَ رَبِّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ أَنْ أَسْأَلَكَ مَا لَيْسَ لِي بِهِ عِلْمٌ وَإِلا تَغْفِرْ لِي وَتَرْحَمْنِي أَكُنْ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ

011.048 قِيلَ يَا نُوحُ اهْبِطْ بِسَلامٍ مِنَّا وَبَرَكَاتٍ عَلَيْكَ وَعَلَى أُمَمٍ مِمَّنْ مَعَكَ وَأُمَمٌ سَنُمَتِّعُهُمْ ثُمَّ يَمَسُّهُمْ مِنَّا عَذَابٌ أَلِيمٌ

011.044 Then the word went forth: "O earth! swallow up thy water, and O sky! Withhold (thy rain)!" and the water abated, and the matter was ended. The Ark rested on Mount Judi, and the word went forth: "Away with those who do wrong!"

011.045 And Noah called upon his Lord, and said: "O my Lord! surely my son is of my family! and Thy promise is true, and Thou art the justest of Judges!"

011.046 He said: "O Noah! He is not of thy family: For his conduct is unrighteous. So ask not of Me that of which thou hast no knowledge! I give thee counsel, lest thou act like the ignorant!"

011.047 Noah said: "O my Lord! I do seek refuge with Thee, lest I ask Thee for that of which I have no knowledge. And unless thou forgive me and have Mercy on me, I should indeed be lost!"

011.048 The word came: "O Noah! Come down (from the Ark) with peace from Us, and blessing on thee and on some of the peoples (who will spring) from those with thee: but (there will be other) peoples to whom We shall grant their pleasures (for a time), but in the end will a grievous penalty reach them from Us."

Al-Qur'an, 011.044-048 (Hud [Hud])

WassalaamuAlaikum WRWB,
VirtualEye.