piano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karima

Asalamualikum,

Can someone prove to me that God/Allah did not give me the gift of the ability to play the piano?

Sallam

Kayote

Asalamualikum,

Can someone prove to me that God/Allah did not give me the gift of the ability to play the piano?

Sallam

:salam2:

I think you totally missed my point in the last post. It was about how much attention you give to Quran & prayers compared to music.

Regarding the ability to play piano, this ability is due to your fingers being very flexible & articulate, this is not only for piano. You will find this 'ability' can also be used in other worksmanships which require fragile & smooth hand movement (surgery?).

The 'ability' is no doubt given by Allah but its what you make of it that matters.

:wasalam:

Imad

Assalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

Allah gave the people many gifts. Like the gift of the eyes, the ears and the gift of walking etcc. We have to use this gifts in the manner which Allah wants us to use them. Let us take the eyes as example. It's not allowed to say "Allah gave us the eyes as gifts, so it's not prohibited to look to bad movies with naked woman and man ( for example)"
Allah didn't Allow listening to music, but he gave us ears. This does not mean that the ears are created for the purpose to listen music. Also the fingers, which can move very precisely to play piano. This does not mean that they are created to play the piano. We have to be very thankfull to Allah and do everything what Allah has commanded Us. Sister Karima i don't want to harm you with my statements. It can be that you like something but it can harm you without knowing this. Allah knows and we know not.

May Allah bless you. My intention is not to harm anyone of you.

Fi amanillah

wassalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wabaraktuh,

Imad

Karima

Asalamualikum

There has been no harm in any of the discussions. All of this is to put 'light' to what Allah wills for us. I do use my hands for many things, like knitting when sitting with friends, helping others with grading papers, and the piano is just one fraction of how I use my hands.

Most of all, I am grateful for being able to have both hands that Allah has blessed me with to pray with, and to do many things with to bless others with...with a hug, when appropriate.

Sallam

Imad

Assalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wabaraktuh,

Thank you for your reply sister Karima. We have to obey Allah subhanahu wata3ala with this gifts. Alhamdullilah you are doing many good things like what you have mentioned. But you have to know that playing piano is not allowed in Islam. A muslim is one who submits himself to Allah. If Allah and his prophet say : " Playing musical instuments are not allowed" Than we have to listen and obey " We have heard and we obeyed" instead "We have heard and we didn't obey". Please don't say i can't stop with playing the piano, because I'am sure you can. I ask Allah subhanahu wata3ala to help you. I know many Christians play piano or sing in the Church. When they revert to islam, they think let me praise Allah with music like i did before in the church. Islam teaches us the contrary. We can praise Allah by remembering Him allot. Allah Says "Othkuruni athkurkum Wasckuruli walathkafurun" This means "Remember me than I will remember you and be thankfull to Me and never be unthankfull". May Allah bless you sister Karima. The Question we can ask is : "How to remember Allah" . You can remember Allah with suplications which are mentioned in de suna and the Quraan. We can remember Allah by praying allot.

This is what i want to say. May Allah help me, you and all every muslim and muslima.

Wassalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

Imad

BGfromGB

Listening to music.

As a non muslim, according to the posts I have read above, I am truly saddened that almost all forms of music is considered haraam.
Yes, there are songs that promote drugs, sex etc. But there is also music that is not only beautiful and harmonious, but portrays poems in a manner that puts across its meaning in extremely strong tones. Typicall examples are Mozart's Requiem and in modern day music, songs such as 'Dont Cry for me Argentina'
The ability and the talents to write beautiful music have been given to humanmankind by the Almighty. There are some people who have been exceptionally talented. To quote Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin are too few to mention.
Yes there are some talented musicians who have abused their talents. But mostly these are the ones who have fallen by the wayside. Never to be heard of again.
If becoming a muslim means a choice between the Almighty and the musician, then sadly according to Islamic doctrine, I dont really have a choice. I have looked in the Qu'ran to find out if music is indeed haraam. Fortunately I have found nothing. But I have to admit that Im not an Islanic scholar. I have also read in the scriptures and have found nowhere that music is forbidden. On the contrary listening to music is in fact lauded.
There is no way that I will give up listening to the brilliant and talented composers such as Mozart, Beethoven etc.
In so doing I will acknowledge that the Almighty, in his kindness and goodness has indeed imparted his gifts to those talented people so that we may all benefit from HIS gifts given to human mankind.
I have a conscience. It is guided by what is written in the scriptures, and confirmed partly in the Qu'ran. I do not believe that the Almighty will condemn me or any of us for listening to the wonderful talents HE has bestowed on HIS children (Human mankind)

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
ps why would God mind if were playin music for him?? birds sing!!

Birds 'CHIRP' but they do NOT play with piano. You can also 'Chirp' and do NOT play piano.

Those poor birds did not know that 'youhighness' (i.e. the superior creature, i.e. Human being) would go put his superior wisdom in creating the pianos and flutes. Those birds would be expecting the 'superior' human being to worship God in in a way better than aniamls and birds.

Sorry, being much serious. But I am also a sinful man but I dont give justifications of my sins always.

Music is Haraam. Listen it , do sin, but dont give justifications to make it halaal.

Wasslaam,
VE

justoneofmillion

HEy hey hey white dove BG here iam again !!! i studied classical music since my early ages i use to play piano and guitar also, i don`t think anyone could really understand how passionate i was about music, i used to stay on the piano whole nights to practice some pieces of chopin, chykowski,bach or some of my own stuff that i was trying to compose ,by god i never thought there was anything that could be more beautiful than music( and fight sports also whish i still practice),i was literally breathing , smelling tasting music everywhere and at any time! music is indeed beautiful but it failed to give me a certain peace of mind as a musician i was always stressed and unsatisfied of my performances, i was a perfectionist always trying to give the maximumin a perpetual anxiety with the unrealistic idea of changing the world some day!islam came along and took all the hurt away all i was unconsciously complaining about i guess through music all the answers i was searching for in a that stupid piece of paper full of notes! i discovered beauty i had never seen that beauty that i was always somehow searching for i guess. my muse has never has never missed to show me the beauty outside of myself , islam showed me that potential beauty that was inside of me a much greater harmony an endless symphony that i `didn`t even know how to read before!:salah:

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
As a non muslim, according to the posts I have read above, I am truly saddened that almost all forms of music is considered haraam.
Yes, there are songs that promote drugs, sex etc. But there is also music that is not only beautiful and harmonious, but portrays poems in a manner that puts across its meaning in extremely strong tones. Typicall examples are Mozart's Requiem and in modern day music, songs such as 'Dont Cry for me Argentina'
The ability and the talents to write beautiful music have been given to humanmankind by the Almighty. There are some people who have been exceptionally talented. To quote Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin are too few to mention.
Yes there are some talented musicians who have abused their talents. But mostly these are the ones who have fallen by the wayside. Never to be heard of again.
If becoming a muslim means a choice between the Almighty and the musician, then sadly according to Islamic doctrine, I dont really have a choice. I have looked in the Qu'ran to find out if music is indeed haraam. Fortunately I have found nothing. But I have to admit that Im not an Islanic scholar. I have also read in the scriptures and have found nowhere that music is forbidden. On the contrary listening to music is in fact lauded.
There is no way that I will give up listening to the brilliant and talented composers such as Mozart, Beethoven etc.
In so doing I will acknowledge that the Almighty, in his kindness and goodness has indeed imparted his gifts to those talented people so that we may all benefit from HIS gifts given to human mankind.
I have a conscience. It is guided by what is written in the scriptures, and confirmed partly in the Qu'ran. I do not believe that the Almighty will condemn me or any of us for listening to the wonderful talents HE has bestowed on HIS children (Human mankind)

Hello BG from GB,

Kindly note that, according to Islam there are benefits in the wine also. Yes, wine/alcohol also has benefits. But with the message of Allah SWT it is told that the 'drinking' has more harms than its benefits. Drinking is the mother of all diseases.

Similarly, Every that thing is forbidden in Islam which has tendency of more evil in it than the good. And you know what kind of songs are popular in your young ones in GB, US, EU and company.

Benefits>Loss = Halal
Loss> benefits = Haraam.
Suspicious things = Better to leave.

047.033 O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the messenger, and make not vain your deeds!

047.034 Those who reject Allah, and hinder (men) from the Path of Allah, then die rejecting Allah,- Allah will not forgive them.

047.035 Be not weary and faint-hearted, crying for peace, when ye should be uppermost: for Allah is with you, and will never put you in loss for your (good) deeds.

047.036 The life of this world is but play and amusement: and if ye believe and guard against Evil, He will grant you your recompense, and will not ask you (to give up) your possessions.

Al-Qur'an, 047.033-036 (Muhammad [Muhammad])

006.070 Leave alone those who take their religion to be mere play and amusement, and are deceived by the life of this world. But proclaim (to them) this (truth): that every soul delivers itself to ruin by its own acts: it will find for itself no protector or intercessor except Allah: if it offered every ransom, (or reparation), none will be accepted: such is (the end of) those who deliver themselves to ruin by their own acts: they will have for drink (only) boiling water, and for punishment, one most grievous: for they persisted in rejecting Allah.
Al-Qur'an, 006.070 (Al-Anaam [Cattle, Livestock])

007.051 "Such as took their religion to be mere amusement and play, and were deceived by the life of the world." That day shall We forget them as they forgot the meeting of this day of theirs, and as they were wont to reject Our signs.

Al-Qur'an, 007.051 (Al-Araf [The Heights])

057.020 Know ye (all), that the life of this world is but play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting and multiplying, (in rivalry) among yourselves, riches and children. Here is a similitude: How rain and the growth which it brings forth, delight (the hearts of) the tillers; soon it withers; thou wilt see it grow yellow; then it becomes dry and crumbles away. But in the Hereafter is a Penalty severe (for the devotees of wrong). And Forgiveness from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure (for the devotees of Allah). And what is the life of this world, but goods and chattels of deception?

Al-Qur'an, 057.020 (Al-Hadid [The Iron])

070.042 So leave them to plunge in vain talk and play about, until they encounter that Day of theirs which they have been promised!-
Al-Qur'an, 070.042 (Al-Maarij [The Ascending Stairways])

May Allah forgive me and May Allah grant me the power that I also avoid from such playful things. Aaameen.

Thanks for your time in reading.

Bye.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
HEy hey hey white dove BG here iam again !!! i studied classical music since my early ages i use to play piano and guitar also, i don`t think anyone could really understand how passionate i was about music, i used to stay on the piano whole nights to practice some pieces of chopin, chykowski,bach or some of my own stuff that i was trying to compose ,by god i never thought there was anything that could be more beautiful than music( and fight sports also whish i still practice),i was literally breathing , smelling tasting music everywhere and at any time! music is indeed beautiful but it failed to give me a certain peace of mind as a musician i was always stressed and unsatisfied of my performances, i was a perfectionist always trying to give the maximumin a perpetual anxiety with the unrealistic idea of changing the world some day!islam came along and took all the hurt away all i was unconsciously complaining about i guess through music all the answers i was searching for in a that stupid piece of paper full of notes! i discovered beauty i had never seen that beauty that i was always somehow searching for i guess. my muse has never has never missed to show me the beauty outside of myself , islam showed me that potential beauty that was inside of me a much greater harmony an endless symphony that i `didn`t even know how to read before!:salah:

And you are really 'one of million'. 6_6 :)

Wasslaam,
VE

BGfromGB

you have side stepped my post. All those suras have nothing to do with music even instrumental music. I have studied them long and hard. Unless I am missing something, then there is nothing amiss in listening to music. By the way what are your views on the reat of my post? ie The Almighty bestowing his gifts.

BGfromGB

I am really pleased for you. But unfortunately you seem to have glossed ver the gist of my post. Be that as it may, allow to ask you a question (or two)
1. Do you acknowledge the fact that the Almighty bestowed on you the musical talents that you have (or had)?
2. By giving you those remarkabel talents, dont you think it would be pleasing to HIM if you had carried out those talents fully?
3.Do you really believe that by pursuing a career in music, your love for the Almighty is in any way diminished?

justoneofmillion

I am really pleased for you. But unfortunately you seem to have glossed ver the gist of my post. Be that as it may, allow to ask you a question (or two)
1. Do you acknowledge the fact that the Almighty bestowed on you the musical talents that you have (or had)?
2. By giving you those remarkabel talents, dont you think it would be pleasing to HIM if you had carried out those talents fully?
3.Do you really believe that by pursuing a career in music, your love for the Almighty is in any way diminished?
the thing is that i think about islam all the time now the same way i used to do for music it`s in the blood now i can`t help it if you only knew BG if you only knew!you know our capacity of perception of things can be different from a person to another! but remember that i was a musician a hard line romantic an admirer of beauty and when i love something i love it for the good not half way! i don`t think about music anymore islam has changed me so much that i don`t even remember when how and when it happend it`s something like"timless" i don`t know how to explain it to you but i do wish you the same joy and peace of mind!

ps:iwas already a muslim before because my father (may he rest in peace inschallah)was muslim and my mother german revert i used to fast for example ,not drink ,not eat pork ,i even started praying as a kid by myself without anybody telling me but then it kinda relaxed for a while(just for prayer!) but i was never really aware that i wasn`t aware until i had my own special experience in life(although am still young some say) islam is much more than that it is a complete religion that is not just based on a dogme(too say i believe and god is in my heart and that`s it) but it is also practical ,islam doesn`t tell you good things only it shows you methodically how to implement those things also!may Allah swt forgive me inschallah.ameen

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
you have side stepped my post. All those suras have nothing to do with music even instrumental music. I have studied them long and hard. Unless I am missing something, then there is nothing amiss in listening to music. By the way what are your views on the reat of my post? ie The Almighty bestowing his gifts.

I think my signature you never read. Its a quranic verse. The same meaning this verse tells and the same meaning those verses tell which I refered. i.e.

"This world is NOT a play place", its place of hardships and the battle beteween good and bad, righteous and evil, you and your Nafs (your conscience vs. your desires and lusts).

Wanna enjoy? then better buy the joys of eternal life by just avoiding the certian things for only and only 50 or 60 years.

Thanks,

Bye.

BGfromGB

the thing is that i think about islam all the time now the same way i used to do for music it`s in the blood now i can`t help it if you only knew BG if you only knew!you know our capacity of perception of things can be different from a person to another! but remember that i was a musician a hard line romantic an admirer of beauty and when i love something i love it for the good not half way! i don`t think about music anymore islam has changed me so much that i don`t even remember when how and when it happend it`s something like"timless" i don`t know how to explain it to you but i do wish you the same joy and peace of mind!

ps:iwas already a muslim before because my father (may he rest in peace inschallah)was muslim and my mother german revert i used to fast for example ,not drink ,not eat pork ,i even started praying as a kid by myself without anybody telling me but then it kinda relaxed for a while(just for prayer!) but i was never really aware that i wasn`t aware until i had my own special experience in life(although am still young some say) islam is much more than that it is a complete religion that is not just based on a dogme(too say i believe and god is in my heart and that`s it) but it is also practical ,islam doesn`t tell you good things only it shows you methodically how to implement those things also!may Allah swt forgive me inschallah.ameen
Very sorry to hear about your father. May he rest in peace with the Almighty.
I'm sorry you did not answer my questions. But that is your prerogative.
All I want to say is that in MY life, YHWH comes first. I acknowledge that HE has given some 5 talents and others 10 talents That is according the scriptures. I dont know if you know of YESHUA'S parables regarding talents. It is based on these teachings that I cherish the beautiful gifts HE has given us. Music is no exception. Thank you

justoneofmillion

I think my signature you never read. Its a quranic verse. The same meaning this verse tells and the same verse those verses tell which I refered. i.e.

"This world is NOT a play place", its place of hardships and the battle beteween good and bad, righteous and evil, you and your Nafs (your conscience vs. your desires and lusts).

Wanna enjoy? then better buy the joys of eternal life by just avoiding the certian things for only and only 50 or 60 years.

Thanks,

Bye.
am winning two to one!! on the teasing issue were are you running i can`t find you bro!!!!!face me face to face:) wassalam
go to topic i can`t forgive myself

sindbad

aseel

assalamu 3alaykum,

I have just read all six pages of replies!,and i must say i`m still confused!
When i first found islam i had no idea that music was considered haram,but i naturaly stoped listening to most musics that i listened to before( promoting sex,drugs....) not because i thsught it was wrong but because it hurt my ears and was not compatible with my new found peace.
So i listened to lots of music from the gulf (i really loved it miami band of Q8 nawal..9abo7a...)i found it so sweet and innocent!
i personaly can`t listen to any music just on it`s own , to me it is only to acompany house cleaning and exersise. I have tryed to stop listening to music and replaced it with islamic music and readings, but i found myself stopping houswork to listen or eaven crying while doing housework!

Anyway what gets me the most is that since i have converted to islam a see more and more things that people are not sure about , words that have changed meanings and that mean something in one sentence but not in annother.It is really hard as a new convert to get my head arround all of this!

And why in muslim coutries such as Q8 where alchool is not allowed are they so fond of there traditional music?

I hope that Allah will guide me and all muslims to the right path!

And what is the view on acting and poemes?

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
I read all the posts and comments and see a lot of different opinions on music subject.All that came to my mind after all ,is that Allah is the All -Forgiving ,Merciful and only He knows the true,we can only pray to him to Forgive us.
As for me ,yes, I love Music.I converted to islam and had to leave many things .I used to have music with me everywhere.
After a while ,I left it and I'm enjoying silence more,and even better now instead of listening for the music I started to recite Quran all the time,in the car ,on the street ,at work.It just happened.
After all ,I also noticed that I'm very sencitive to the music,It was touching my heart and it had a big affect on me.It was making me sad,or happy.It was making me cry.Music has an affect on the consiousness.But I can agree that some music is beautiful and The Beauty is always from Allah in my opinion....
Allah knows best and may he forgive me, as if I said something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.