please help , I beg you all !!

m.amin

Assalamu Alaikum

Dear brothers and sisters, I am a convert.My previous name was Joel.I was in love with Jesus Christ so much , but I found The real jesus in Islam , so I became muslim. I started to study the Islamic sources and shortly after that I bumped into a series of Hadith that realy made me confused, and made the job difficult for me !
There is a Hadith that repeats over and over again in the valid and famous books. It is narrated from Prophet Muhammad Salallahu Alaihi Wa’sallam that :
The Omah of Moses (Jewish)devided after him into 71 branches one of them went to heaven and the others to hell !about the the same, Omah of Jesus , 72 groups , only one of them went to heaven ! and I swear to Allah that my soul is in his hand my Omah
will be In the same situation , they will be 73 different groups and minorities (translation of Ferghah) , only one of them is a real muslim group and the others are in the hel !!!![1]

When I read this Hadith ,realy I felt uncomfortable,I got afraid! I said to myself :I should find this branch . seemingly these branches should have major
differences in their beliefs and behaviors, because the minor
things can nat lead to hell.something else, that is obvious :no one says my path is wrong!

The first part of the Hadith seemed very logic to me , because after Jesus, some of his companions said he is the son of God , others :he is the God and so on . And we have in a Sahih Hadith(a valid one)that prophet said:what happened in previous Omahs it will happen in my Omah , too. Even if they went in a hole of an animal you will go too!![2]

Long stiry short , this single matter made me go from one Shaikh to other, from this book to that book and from this website to another . And TTI is my recent hope.
O ! brothers and sisters please help me , I beg you all !
Maybe you can not believe that there is no single night I can sleep comfortably .Every time I say to myself that : if you die tomorrow ,and in the judgment day prophet will ask you : "did you notice my word ? did you find the real Islam ?" what would be my answer ? please don’t forget your brother .

Vassalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

1-Mosnad ahmad al-emam ahmad –ene hanbal,volume2,page 332
-sonan ebne maje , volame 2,page 1322
-sonan abi davud , volume 2,page 390
-sonan Termazi ,volume 2, page 134

2-Bukhari-sahih-volume4.page 144

opaline

i can understand how you feel i am orried to,until a fello muslim made a very blatant simple truth to me: follow the quran (which has not changed for thousands of years and will not change because god is its protector) and the basic pillars of islam and lead a good life.fullstop. these branches (dont forget its still ongoing so if there arent 73 there is still more branching out that is gonna happen) they tend to either get too smart or philosophise things in islam or interpert things as they please.so dont trust sheiks,unfortunatley u can these days,most people against islam are now even trying to manipulate hadiths.so here it is:

allah gave us a brain to think,right? hen u read a hadith that doesnt fit into your understanding of what the prophet was like and hat could be the divine wisdom behind it.if you find a hadith that says rubber duckies are haram obviously its ridiculous. and if in doubt go back to the quran and check what commands THE QURAN gives you,if you cannot understand the quran then find a thesauras quran which explains the meanings of ayat (i personally would only trust things that have een printed in the early 1990's)and if you dont understand that particular thing in the quran then leave it dont obsess on it because then the devil will start playing with your head and try to tell you this religion doesnt make sense,when in truth,we are only human and allah himself said that he revealed limited knowledge to us.so have FAITH in allah not just believe in him.trust him that what eh says is for your on good.and trust his unchanged and infallible book,the holy quran.youll be fine! most of all,remember that islam means submission: we dont question,we think about why some rules were laid out for us...but we can only assume we have no posession of allah's grand knowledge.but think about it: if allah wanted to destroy those who ruin the earth and do bad things with a simply command he could wipe us all out instantly...but here we are.becare god is merciful and loves us and we are dear to him.so ask god for enlightenment and the strength to face such fears,and ask the almighty to give u the ability to differinciate between right and wrong...inshallah brother he will answer you.he has guided you to the trith and light and love of islam,and blesses everyone with our health and lives each and every day...we definitley ought to have a little chat with god and ask him for help ;)

f.faysal

:salam2:,
First of all,i completely agree with opaline.
you need to look at things in a good way, and refer to quran!Allah (SWT) is the only one you need to ask (lots of doa').doa' is one of the greatest adoration to Allah (SWT).you have to know that what you're enduring may be one of your 'shaytan' (devil) tricks: he makes you feel uncomfortable in the aim of deconcentrating you...islam is a tough religion indeed but not that complicated!
islam dinou yousr walaysa dinou osr : which means islam is a smooth religion and not a hard one!i wanted to tell you that at first to make you feel at ease!

back to what you said. you have to know that there are lots of hadith.these hadith are classified into : correct,good,and weak ones!!!!!there are nine books for hadith!!!
the most correct hadiths are those in the two books : sahih al bukhari and sahih muslim!!!!!!
the other books contains good hadiths (that's how it's called in arabic) and the weak ones...
i noticed that the hadith you mentioned about groups (the first one) is from musnad ahmed!!which is not the perfect reference!!
here is a definition from wikipedia :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musnad_Ahmad_ibn_Hanbal

so you don't have to worry that much!!! i can tell you a hadith (i don't remember it that well) which says that in the day of judgement,there will be raws of people!very few raws for jews,very few raws for christians and eighty raws for muslims (these raws are very very huge!!!). these raws would enter heaven!i'm sure of that hadith is at least a good one!!!
what i can tell you as advice: if you want hadiths,please refer to the two correct books : bukhari and muslim!!!!

the second one you mentioned from sahih bukhari is correct,but not in the way you understood : until the day of judgement,islam would be very 'few' amoung people until the name of allah would disappear from earth!!that will be a reality!!!but until then,we're very far from that time.....
the hadith means that true islam would vanish!!like other omahs!!

please,ask allah for help and keep praying him and you'll see by yourself that allah will guide you!
:salam2:

riskyguy

Allah-hu-Akbar
:salam2:

Dear brother, Welcome to Islam and May Allah strengthen your faith.

Narrated Hudhaifa bin Al-Yaman:
The people used to ask Allah's Apostle about the good but I used to ask him about the evil lest I should be overtaken by them. So I said, "O Allah's Apostle! We were living in ignorance and in an (extremely) worst atmosphere, then Allah brought to us this good (i.e., Islam); will there be any evil after this good?" He said, "Yes." I said, 'Will there be any good after that evil?" He replied, "Yes, but it will be tainted (not pure.)'' I asked, "What will be its taint?" He replied, "(There will be) some people who will guide others not according to my tradition? You will approve of some of their deeds and disapprove of some others." I asked, "Will there be any evil after that good?" He replied, "Yes, (there will be) some people calling at the gates of the (Hell) Fire, and whoever will respond to their call, will be thrown by them into the (Hell) Fire." I said, "O Allah s Apostle! Will you describe them to us?" He said, "They will be from our own people and will speak our language." I said, "What do you order me to do if such a state should take place in my life?" He said, "Stick to the group of Muslims and their Imam (ruler)." I said, "If there is neither a group of Muslims nor an Imam (ruler)?" He said, "Then turn away from all those sects even if you were to bite (eat) the roots of a tree till death overtakes you while you are in that state." (Bukhari: Book 9: Volume 88: Hadith 206)

Brother, the saved sect is which follows the Quran and the Sunnah (teachings of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). You do not have to be a Sunni or a Shia to be saved from the hellfire and to be rewarded, but you’ve to be a good Muslim. As long as you follow the Quran and the Sunnah, but give yourself a name to differentiate from other deviant sects, there’s nothing wrong in it, as is suggested by the scholars.

Narrated Talha bin 'Ubaidullah:
A man from Najd with unkempt hair came to Allah's Apostle and we heard his loud voice but could not understand what he was saying, till he came near and then we came to know that he was asking about Islam. Allah's Apostle said, "You have to offer prayers perfectly five times in a day and night (24 hours)." The man asked, "Is there any more (praying)?" Allah's Apostle replied, "No, but if you want to offer the Nawafil prayers (you can)." Allah's Apostle further said to him: "You have to observe fasts during the month of Ramadan." The man asked, "Is there any more fasting?" Allah's Apostle replied, "No, but if you want to observe the Nawafil fasts (you can.)" Then Allah's Apostle further said to him, "You have to pay the Zakat (obligatory charity)." The man asked, "Is there any thing other than the Zakat for me to pay?" Allah's Apostle replied, "No, unless you want to give alms of your own." And then that man retreated saying, "By Allah! I will neither do less nor more than this." Allah's Apostle said, "If what he said is true, then he will be successful (i.e. he will be granted Paradise)."
( Bukhari: Book 1: Volume 2: Hadith 44)

Narrated 'Aisha:
Once the Prophet came while a woman was sitting with me. He said, "Who is she?" I replied, "She is so and so," and told him about her (excessive) praying. He said disapprovingly, "Do (good) deeds which is within your capacity (without being overtaxed) as Allah does not get tired (of giving rewards) but (surely) you will get tired and the best deed (act of Worship) in the sight of Allah is that which is done regularly."
( Bukhari: Book 1: Volume 2: Hadith 41)

Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by worshipping in the mornings, the nights."
(Bukhari: Book 1: Volume 2: Hadith 38)

In Quran there are some verses which may seem confusing, and some Hadith aswell as you stated. But just because we cannot understand them, it doesn’t mean they are incorrect.

The verses of the Quran which most people find confusing are, in which the story of Hazrat Khidr(as) is told, that he goes on to a journey with Prophet Moses(pbuh) and he murders a boy and justifies it by saying, The murder of the child would sadden his parents at first glance, yet is a blessing in disguise as God would replace the child with an obedient one.

But the Quran is Allah’s word. And we are no one to questions his words. The thing we should firmly believe is, that the Quran is the truth, it contains no error, and if some verses seem confusing to us, than that’s just because of our own lack of knowledge. And for better understanding of Quran, you should buy a Quran with commentary, which is recognized by the leading scholars.

Narrated Abu Musa:
Some people asked Allah's Apostle, "Whose Islam is the best? i.e. (Who is a very good Muslim)?" He replied, "One who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands." (Bukhari: Book 1: Volume 2: Hadith 10)

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:
A man asked the Prophet , "What sort of deeds or (what qualities of) Islam are good?" The Prophet replied, 'To feed (the poor) and greet those whom you know and those whom you do not Know.
(Bukhari: Book 1: Volume 2: Hadith 11)

Narrated Abu Huraira:
"Allah's Apostle said, "By Him in Whose Hands my life is, none of you will have faith till he loves me more than his father and his children."
(Bukhari: Book 1: Volume 2: Hadith 13)

Narrated Anas:
The Prophet said, "Whoever possesses the following three qualities will have the sweetness (delight) of faith:

1. The one to whom Allah and His Apostle becomes dearer than anything else.
2. Who loves a person and he loves him only for Allah's sake.
3. Who hates to revert to Atheism (disbelief) as he hates to be thrown into the fire." (Bukhari: Book 1: Volume 2: Hadith 15)

The more you will know about Islam the more you will love it.
So you should study the hadiths and the Quran with commentary.
And If you find some hadiths and verses of Quran hard to understand, then ask about them from any scholar. And you should not blindly follow any scholar, but confirm whatever he teaches you from the Quran and the Sunnah.

May Allah guide us all and protect us from the hellfire. AMIN