Please help

:salam2: I have had a disagreemet with my friend. She says Haqooq-ul-ebad is more important than salah and fasting. What do you say. I said salah is five pillars of islam.

:salam2: my friend says that Haqooq-ul-ebad comes above salah and fasting. I said that salah and fasting comes before Haqooq-ul-ebad since you are not a muslim if you dont do those two since it comes in the five pillars of islam. But after you fulfill your salah and fasting then comes Haqooq-ul-ebad . And Haqooq-ul-ebad without salah and fasting has no meaning.

brother Ayman1 according to her Haqooq-ul-ebad means helping people with a few thousand dollars or by letting them stay at her place cause she is rich.

hana*

there are two types of Huqooq- huqood al-ibad and Huqooq-Allah both are distinguishable. huqooq al-ibad falls under treating people well, not cheating the people, not abusing them etc. whereas huqooq Allah include worshiping Him alone, zakat, sawm etc.

both are highly important. note: Allah can forgive us if we have surpassed/abused His rights, by not fulfilling them whereas Huqooq al-ibad will only be forgiven if the person in question forgives

She drinks, smokes, parties, does not pray, fast sometimes,but one thing she does is help people. She said to me that that cause i pray and fast does not make me a better muslim ( which i have never claimed) She said that Haqooq-ul-ebad is greater than salah and fasting in Allahs eyes. Which i disagreed cause praying and fasting come in the five pillars of islam. I said yes after you fulfill the 5 pillars then Haqooq-ul-ebad is important.

hana*

She drinks, smokes, parties, does not pray, fast sometimes,but one thing she does is help people. She said to me that that cause i pray and fast does not make me a better muslim ( which i have never claimed) She said that Haqooq-ul-ebad is greater than salah and fasting in Allahs eyes. Which i disagreed cause praying and fasting come in the five pillars of islam. I said yes after you fulfill the 5 pillars then Haqooq-ul-ebad is important.

well that sums it up: she does not pray. how can she be greatful to the people when she is not greatful to Allah? how can she help the people and forget the Creator of the people. shaytan has beautified her actions for her. astaghfirullah, Allah guide her.

liberator16

Asalam Alaikum

Im glad you shed some more light on the issue with your last post. Haqooq ul ibad and haqooq ul islam are terminologies invented for what purpose? The classical ulema never spoke about islam in such a manner. Instead, they divided the categories of actions into Fard, Mandoub (rewardable), mubah(Permissable), makruh(disliked), and haram.

All Faraid are to be carried out. This includes praying, fasting, giving zakat as well has returning salam to a brother/sister or telling the truth.

Remind her of the the first commandment that the Prophets(as) used to receive after belief in Allah was salat. That the Salat was commanded by word to both Musa(as) and Muhammed(saw) whereas all other commands were through an intermediary.

Remind her of the hadith of the Prophet(saw)

"The demarcation between being a Muslim and kufr (Unbelief) is the abandonment of Salat".

and

The Messenger (S.A.W.) told us in an authentic hadith , “The first thing the people will be accountable for on the Day of Judgment is prayer, Allah will say to His angels (even though he already knows) : “Look at my servants prayers. Were they complete or not?” If they were complete it will be written as complete. If they were not fully complete Allah will say: “See if my servant has voluntary prayers, if he has them Allah will say: Complete his obligatory prayers shortage with his voluntary prayers.” Then the rest of his deeds will be dealt with in the same manner.” (Reported by Imams Ahmad, Abu Dawood, An-Nisa’i, and Al-Hakim)

How then can she say that Salat is below other actions when the Prophet(saw) said the difference between a muslim and a kafir is their salat!?

Likewise we should not forget the other aspects of islam.

The Prophet (saw) asked the Sahabah “do you know who the bankrupt person is?” they said “the bankrupt among us is the person who does not have any wealth. He (saw) said, “The bankrupt of my Ummah, the bankrupt person is someone who comes on the day of judgement with many rewards, prayer, fasting, Zakat, but he had accused this person falsely, he abused another, cursed a third, taken the money of somebody else, spilt the blood of someone else, so he ends up giving them from his good deeds and if he runs out of good deeds and he didn’t pay them back, then they start giving him some of their sins and he ends up going to hell fire.”

Your friends attitude is very mush like the humanists/atheists of today who believe that good behaviour is judged by how you are with others. Even though Allah(swt) has more of a right for our good behaviour then any creation. Even though the good favours done to us by other including our parents are miniscule in comparison to the limitless bounties He(saw) showered us with.

May Allah(swt) guide her and us. Ameen