Interesting Popstar Zayn Malik's mother on Islam and raising her son

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
News article in the BBC today:

Zayn Malik's mother on raising a pop star

_71830818_zayn-mum.jpg

Trisha Malik was born in Bradford to a white British working class family.

Her parents ran a pub in the city, but her life changed when she met and married a British Pakistani, Yasser, and converted to Islam.

"I've always tried to learn as much as I can about my husband's religion and culture," she says.

"I made sure the children went to the mosque. Zayn has read the Koran three times."

Since One Direction hit the big time, "I don't get introduced as Trisha Malik but as Zayn's mum," she laughs.

Life hasn't changed much in the Malik household, though. "I still shop in my local supermarket and go to the discount store for a pair of shoes," she says.

Indeed, our interview takes place, at her request, in a cafe at her local Bradford shopping centre, rather than any starry showbiz locale.

However, the family - Zayn's parents, three sisters and the family dog - have made one upgrade, moving to a new house in the city. Zayn paid for it himself and, in the recent One Direction movie, Trisha is seen, overcome with emotion, as she is handed the keys.

"We never had enough money to buy our own house," she explains. "We always lived in rented accommodation, so Zayn knew how very important it was for me to have my own place".

Until recently, Trisha worked as a halal chef in the kitchen of a local primary school, making meals for Muslim children. On Zayn's advice she gave up her job.

"Zayn said 'you don't have to do this anymore'. Instead, he puts my wage into my bank".

Jannahsweetie

jannah sweetie
Mashallah they are following Islam, but if he is a pop star his income is haraam! This needs to be corrected with any other halal job inshallah. Music is haraam and one of satans handiworks!