POSITION OF HANDS

Vedo

Musliman
Assalamu Alaykum my brothers and sisters.

I was searching about this topic, becasue I wonna be sure, that I am doing it right.

I think that we all know what the Prophet salallahu alayhi wa salaam raised his hands to the level of his shoulders OR the level of his ears...but did not touch his earlobes.

My question is what should like positions of hands?

I dont know how go original hadis on arabic, so if anybody know, it will be nice to write is it HANDS or PALMS.

Suppose that i want to raise my hands to the level of my ears.

Do I have do like this

A
(this is the level of palms)

picturec.jpg

or like this

B
(this is the level of hands)

picture2d.jpg

both pcitures are in level of earlobes not shoulders

So what we take as modul HANDS or PALMS.

Vedo

Musliman
Its no matter, in my jamat most people do like A. :)
Question is what is real criterion hands or palms.

DanyalSAC

According to my shaykh (who gets his information from the book "The Prophet's Prayer Described" by Shaikh Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaani and verified from the sunnah), both A and B are from the Sunnah and are correct. What is not from the sunnah is grabbing the earlobes or any other part of the head (I've seen some brothers actually grab their head like a basketball in the takbirat irham). Allahu alim!

uddim004

:salam2:thanks for telling me as i have been touching my ear lobes. i didn't think i was doing it wrong so i didn't ask anyone. thank you

Vedo

Musliman
According to my shaykh (who gets his information from the book "The Prophet's Prayer Described" by Shaikh Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaani and verified from the sunnah), both A and B are from the Sunnah and are correct. What is not from the sunnah is grabbing the earlobes or any other part of the head (I've seen some brothers actually grab their head like a basketball in the takbirat irham). Allahu alim!

Your answer told as that we have 4 positions :)

On first picture he use his palms as modul, on second he use hands (with fingers), and both are level of the ears, I think that one of them should be more according to sunnah.
But wich?

adanshai

Here is the extract from The Prophets Prayer under the section Raising Hands

Raising the Hands

He would raise his hands sometimes with the takbeer,66 sometimes after the takbeer,67 and sometimes before it.68
"He would raise them with fingers apart [not spaced out, nor together]",69 and "he would put them level with his shoulders"70, although occasionally, "he would raise them until they were level with [the tops of] his ears."71

Vedo

Musliman
Answer is

The Sunnah is to raise the palms to the level of the shoulders while having the tip of the fingers reaching the level of the ears.