posts and deletings...

Samandar

:salam2:

well i dont mean to complain, but i see that one or two of my post is deleted. i want to know WHY are they deleted. sorry that im posting this here, but i dont know who delete it. at least i could have got a pm to tell me why its deleted. how is what i post should be deleted? when i joined, the brothers and sisters wanted to know what was going on in Afghanistan, so i posted few post on the topic. if you are given the responsibility and priviledge, then you can at least tell me why you had deleted them, i have a right to know. or you can ask someone else to say on your behalf. and i didnt get a chance to read any comments if they were made. if something was wrong with what i posted, then pls tell me. and pls dont delete this post because i need answers. well sorry, i dont quite know where to turn to

amna_muslimaa

TRUELY MUSLIMAA
the post deleted lol.....the same thing happen with me ,so what i wanna say is that there must be somthing wrong with your post (may be)....you wrote about the war of Afghanistan.....so this web site is not to share what are talibans or russians etc...this website is to share islam .....
and dont think that i have deleted your post ....i havent ....just telling you what the matter can be....!!!
:wasalam:

samiha

---------
Staff member
Wa alaykum salaam,

Usually when deletions occur we moderators try to get back to the Users concerned and inform them of the reasons why. Sometimes though, this does not happen, and maybe for various reasons. In such a case, it is probably best to PM one of the moderators, instead of asking on the public forum.

As per the questions above for the deletions, I'm not the one who deleted either of yours, so perhaps I will not be able to explain the same way as they would.

But I hope it is known that what we do is just kept in best judgement of the matter at hand. It's not a personal thing, or a grudge against anyone, but we try to maintain TTI according to our ability according to the Qur'aan and Sunnah and the way of the Salaf us Salih, and because of that there are certain things which we do not allow.

In regards to aspects of Jihaad, for example there are often many wrong concepts and ideas, so we try to be very careful around that. Truthfully, it's the whole political section one must be wary of, and that's why as a precaution it is closed for the time being.

I'm sorry if I do not make sense, as I write this in a rush.

wasalam

Samandar

ok, thank you! that helped and i understand, but this site is not only to spread Islam right? am sure we can also share useful information about Muslims fighting for Islam right? ok thank you to you both for your replies, i appreciate it :). and moderators are the ones in the big green? i just need to be sure

BigAk

I do agree that in every case a post is deleted by a moderator a PM explaining the reasons is in order... Fair is fair. This should be one of the rules of this board.

samiha

---------
Staff member

Before attempting an answer I'd like to mention simply that I write this really late, so I hope you forgive any mistakes I may have...

ok, thank you! that helped and i understand, but this site is not only to spread Islam right? am sure we can also share useful information about Muslims fighting for Islam right? ok thank you to you both for your replies, i appreciate it :). and moderators are the ones in the big green? i just need to be sure

You're correct in this site isn't only to spread Islaam, but that is our main purpose inshaAllah. We want to educate the brothers and sister who need help, non/new Muslims, and also learn more ourselves from the correct sources and in the proper manner.

The reason we had the news section before was so that we would be able to share things, and keep up to date, as a Muslim should not be ignorant of the world around them in which they live. However we found that maintaining it was difficult, and possible causes for fitnah was also in order. Sometimes people would post things which contradicted what was allowed on the site be it emotionally, jokingly, or at times quite irrationally, or they might imply things or approve of them which many of the scholars have deemed as impermissible etc ... things like these which were difficult. Therefore to protect and preserve the proper environment on the forum, this decision was come to.

As for the last question - yes Mods are the green ones. =)

I do agree that in every case a post is deleted by a moderator a PM explaining the reasons is in order... Fair is fair. This should be one of the rules of this board.

I'm sorry, this is almost impossible really. In the case of every post deletion it is not possible to inform the user. Such as when a main thread is deleted and perhaps they only had a comment deleted, or later in the thread we discussed the matter breifly and closed the thread etc... these sorts of things it would be quite troubling to PM.

As I said before, most times we try to do it if yours was the main thread, or an important topic, or get another Moderator to explain on our behalf, however please I ask everyone remember our humanity in that we cant all the time, be it out of forgetfulness, or lack of time, or some other reason.

That's why it's quite difficult to make it a rule, I mean we'd have to PM spammers then too wouldnt we? Just joking there, anyways if you need a clarification please PM and we'll try to get back to you as soon as we can inshaAllah

wasalam