Prayer List??

lolokopp

:salam2:

Can someone give me a complete list of all fardh, sunna and nawfil prayers of the 5 prayer times and which of them are obligatory to pray. (I heard that Isha actually has 17 rakah)

Until now I thought only the fardh prayers are obligatory but my father told me that even some sunnah prayers are obligatory (like the 4 rakah sunna before the 4 rakah fardh in zuhr prayers or the 2 rakah sunna before the 2 rakah fardh in fajr prayers).

Please help me out.

Jazakallahu Khair

uddim004

These sunnah are Known as Sunnat-E-Mokeda. my imam tells me that these are compulsory. Isha does have 17 rakats. thats what i learnt from my mum. however thses are not all compulsory
-4 rakat sunnah
-4 rakat fard
-2 rakat sunnah
-2 rakat nafl
-3 rakat witr
-2 rakat nafl (this is a different type of nafl. i don't know what it is called in arabic (i'm bangladeshi)).
hope this helps.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:

Fard:

fajr - 2

zuhr - 4

asr - 4

maghrib - 3

isha - 4.

Sunnah muakkadah:

fajr - 2 before fard

zuhr - 4 before and 2 after fard

asr - 0

maghrib - 2 after fard

isha - 2 after fard

Sunnah non-muakkadah:

fajr - 0

zuhr - 0

asr - 4 before fard

maghrib - 0

isha - 2 or 4 before fard

*only fard is obligatory but sunnah are also important.*

revert2007

Love Fishing
A house in Paradise

Assalamualikum
Many people are confused regarding sunnah prayers.I would like to elaborate further with these terms-Fard,Sunnah Muakkadah ,Sunnah Ghair Muakkadah,Nawafil, and Wajib

Fard :

Obligatory and every Muslim should perform it.The five daily prayers are obligatory-Fajr,Dhur,Asr,Maghrib and Ishaa

Sunnah Muakkadah :

It is an act that Prophet Muhammad, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, always used to do. These rakats must be offered. (However if missed, there is no makeup or qada for it).
Sunnah Ghair Muakkadah :

It is an act that Prophet Muhammad, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, used to leave sometimes without any reason. These are not obligatory.
Nawafil :

Voluntary prayer such as salat ad-duha ,tahajjud,qiam al lail
Below are the sunnah prayers

Fajr/Subh:

2 Sunnah Muakkadah
2 Fard

Zuhr/Dhur:

4 Sunnah Muakkadah (2 by 2)
4 Fard
2 Sunnah Muakkadah
2 Nawafil

Asr:

4 Sunnah Ghair Muakkadah
4 Fard

Maghrib:

3 Fard
2 Sunnah Muakkadah
2 Nawafil

Isha:

4 Sunnah Ghair Muakkadah
4 Fard
2 Sunnah Muakkadah
Nawafil (will be the tahajud,qiyam layl......all done 2 by 2 as much as you want)
Witr (2 shafa + 1 witr)(to be performed after completing all the night prayers if there is any night prayers to be performed.Witr suppose to be the final prayer before the fajr prayer begins)[It is sunnah to recite al-alaa,kafiron and al-ikhlas]

The Prophet Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam usually prayed 12 rakaat of sunnah prayers.
Concerning their virtue, it was narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever prays twelve rak’ahs during the night and day, a house will be built for him in Paradise: four before Zuhr and two after, two rak’ahs after Maghrib, two rak’ahs after ‘Isha’ and two rak’ahs before Fajr prayer.”

Allah knows the best.
Assalamualikum