Prayer

Pinky

Salaamualikumwrwb
may everyone be in good health, Ameen
I have a muslim friend, but who is not that practising but is trying InshAllaah. I am trying to help her pray regularly so I thought I should list her all the proofs of the importance of prayers and the consequences of missing or delaying prayers. If anyone can and has time to help me gather some verses from the Quran or authentic hadiths, that would be great and absolutly appreciated and may Allaah SWT help those whom help us others, Ameen.
JazakAllaahkhairan and take care everyone InshAllaah.
Salamualikumwrwb

aDYiNGdream

Aspiring Mutawakkil
Salah

:salam2:

Allah (SWT) says "Then, there has succeeded them a posterity who have given up As-Salât (the prayers) [i.e. made their Salât (prayers) to be lost, either by not offering them or by not offering them perfectly or by not offering them in their proper fixed times, etc.] and have followed lusts. So they will be thrown in Hell. Except those who repent and believe (in the Oneness of Allâh and His Messenger Muhammad SAW), and work righteousness. Such will enter Paradise and they will not be wronged in aught." (Sura Maryam, ayat 59-60)

"Guard strictly your prayers, especially the Middle Prayer; and stand before Allah in a devout (frame of mind). [2:238]

"And be steadfast in prayer and regular in charity: And whatever good you send forth for your souls before you, you shall find it with Allah. for Allah sees Well all that you do." [2:110]

"Verily, I am Allah. There is no god but I: So serve thou Me (only), and establish regular prayer for My remembrance". {Sura Tá-há, ayah #14}

Narrated Abu Huraira (RAA)"I heard Rasulullah (SAW) saying, 'If there was a river at the door of anyone of you and he took a bath in it five times a day would you notice any dirt on him?' They said, 'Not a trace of dirt would be left.' The Prophet added, 'That is the example of the five prayers with which Allah blots out (annuls) evil deeds."
(Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Hadith # 506)

Rasulullah (SAW) said,"The first matter that the slave will be brought to account for on the Day of Judgment is the prayer. If it is sound, then the rest of his deeds will be sound. And if it is bad, then the rest of his deeds will be bad." [Recorded by al-Tabarani. According to al-Albani, it is sahih. Al-Albani, Sahih al-Jami, vol.1, p. 503.]

In an other Hadith of Rasulullah (SAW) said "What lies between a man and disbelief is the abandonment of prayer." ( Agreed upon by Muslim, Abu Dawood and Nasaa'ee as sahih authentic)

It is related of Haatim bin Al-Asamm that he said in answer to a question about prayer:

"When the time for prayer is at hand, I make a proper ablution,
go to the spot where I intend to pray and
sit there until all my limbs and organs are in a collected state.

Then I stand up to perform my prayer,
facing the Ka'aba between my brows,
the bridge-over- Hell beneath my feet,
Paradise to my right and Hell to my left,
and the Angel of Death behind me,
thinking all the while that
this is my final prayer.

Then I stand between hope and fear."

"I carefully pronounce "Allahu Akbar!"

Then I recite the Qur'an harmoniously,
bow in humility and
prostrate myself submissively.
I then sit back on my left haunch,
spreading out the left foot,
raising my right foot on the toes.

I follow this with sincerity.

Then I wonder whether or not my prayer has been accepted."
http://www.islamica wakening. com/viewarticle. php?articleID= 18

:salah:

Hope this helps.
:wasalam:

Pinky

SalaamuAlikumweRahmetALlaahebarkatuh
JAzakAllaahkhairan for ure help, may Rabbina reward you, Ameen.
InshAllaah I will present this all to my friend nd may Rabbina guide her as well as the rest of us on the strait path, Ameen.
SalaamuAlikumwerahmetAllaahebarkatuh.