Prophet Mohammed and war

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.H.

I read an article on Rense.com about suicide bombers. Someone asked a question about suicide bombers and the scholar responded it was wrong.

What got my attention was that the scholar mentioned that when the prophet waged war, he hated the taking of life, and thought the death of all combatants was a cause for sorrow-including those of the enemy. He mentioned how the prophet would be saddened by all the death though it was necessary.

Is this true?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum,

Yeah Suicide bombing is wrong, as is any other sort of bombing or killing of civillans, whether carried out by Non Muslims or Muslim. As a sidenote and to put things in perspective, suicide bombing is mostly carried out by non Muslims, for example in srilankan tamil tigers, and of course many countries bomb under the guise of "collateral damage". However, this of course does not make such actions justified.

You will need to ask a scholar who knows about that. I dont think there is any evidence that death of the enemy is mourned. Because they fought against the Muslims and carried out atrocities against the companions and their families. Clearly we can not say something without any evidence or knowledge. On the other hand of course, we are not saying the Muslims were joyful at spilling blood and fighting just for the sake of fighting.

The evidence shows the Prophet :saw: fobid the killing of innocent life, and even spoke about the sanctity of nature such as trees.

Sunan Abu Dawood:
Narated By Rabah ibn Rabi' : When we were with the Apostle of Allah (pbuh) on an expedition, he saw some people collected together over something and sent a man and said: See, what are these people collected around? He then came and said: They are round a woman who has been killed. He said: This is not one with whom fighting should have taken place. Khalid ibn al-Walid was in charge of the van; so he sent a man and said: Tell Khalid not to kill a woman or a hired servant.

The Prophet :saw: was the most compassionate man, and the Quran clearly states that if we are at war, and the enemy we are fighting incline towards peace and want to stop fighting, we too should do that.

90. Except those who join a group, between you and whom there is a treaty (of peace), or those who approach you with their breasts restraining from fighting you as well as fighting their own people. Had Allâh willed, indeed He would have given them power over you, and they would have fought you. So if they withdraw from you, and fight not against you, and offer you peace, then Allâh has opened no way for you against them.

:salam2:
Yes sure for difficult questions, a scholar is the one who can give an answer.
But i think there are Ahadiths about this question, I don't remember one of them.
But i know that when the the prophet :saw: knew that some unbelievers died in war or in life, he was sad because their soul escape from him to Hell.
Wa Allaho A'lam

KhalidalAsadullah

Al Mujahid
Salam Aliekum Rahmatullah

I have my own questions about suicide bombings. While we know suicide is hated, along with killing women and children, but I there are verses from Al- Baqara that I would qoute but I'm not at home and I do not have a Qu'ran on me. However I know a famous one people always bring up in arguements like this is

"Fight those who fight you and drive them out of the places they drove you out but if they stop, you stop, for Allah loves not transgressors."

And I know the deeper you go into the Surah you find a passage saying that Muslims are the only people allowed to be custodians to the Masjids of Allah SWT.

Now with these to together I would like to bring up the sad story of Filistine. While Obviously the Yahud should be fought for their SLAUGHTER of Muslims, many Muslims and Islamic Governments disagree. They go along with the popular concensus that suicide bombing is wrong. However, the Israeli army is the second most advanced army in the entire world right behind the United States. They are probably the second strongest too. While I place all of my trust in Allah SWT ALONE, I feel bad for the Muslims of Palestine. Are we going to expect them to use guns considering they are under a weapons embargo and have no formal weapons training on top of the armor of Israeli military personnel and tanks? Do we really believe they will acheive victory with Qassam rockets that are more likely to land in a parking lot than a checkpoint? No. The only weapons they have at their disposal to fight is the bomb belt and their bodies. While in normal circumstances I would say it is Haram with no room for arguement, but they are in a Rut. If you are starving and about to die is it not alright to eat pork? We should pray for their souls may the All Wise bless them with martyrdom ameen.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:salam2:

This website is not for debating these sorts of issues. THe Ulema have already spoken about it, and there is consensus that Suicide is haram. Killing and targetting of civillians is wrong too.

Yes, i have heard the same old arguments over and over from people, but historically speaking, Muslims have often been in even worse situations than what the Palestinians are in now and did not resort to going on suicide missions to murder women and children.

This is the second point, that they do not target only the Israeli military. Saying every Israeli citizen joins the army as justification is not good enough, and is a weak argument used by some people.

Senior Hamas officials have admitted that the only benefit of suicidebombing is their feeling of satisfaction and revenge after their own people die. Revenge is their justification.

Last year i visited Palestinian refugee camps, this sort of thing is definitely not the way forward.THeir lives are too precious to be wasted in such a way.

May Allah help them.

Again i will like to reiterate, that this site is not a debating website. The last thing i want is to attract the wrong sorts of people here. If someone is serious and sincere in seeking the truth on these things, they should put their emotions aside and use their brains, and actually speak to a good scholar.

There is no need to bring this topic up again inshaAllah. It brings no benefit to our community here.

Status
Not open for further replies.