Prophet(PBUH) in My Dream

twas19

:salam2:

once in my dream i felt that i have seen prophet (PBUH) i want to know could that really be him?.I remember It was july 2005 i was 17 years old and having a bad time in my life.i did very bad in my exams,i had a very care free lifestyle and the worst was that i was having some schezophrenia(Mental problem) problem ,in those days i didn't offer salah regularly anyways this is how my dream goes.I was staying a night in my grandmother's home and while i was asleep i had a dream.I am present in a room and there is a gathering of few people they are sitting on the floor and they are all discussing some issue,the person who is doing the conversation has a light bear(its not much hairy and long) i am unable to see his entire face but the side is visible.and than i ask a strange question with a person sitting right next to me "to whom that beer belongs?" And the person replies "That bear is of prophet mohammad (pbuh).and than the dream ended.

What i want to ask is that can that really be prophet (PBUH)?
Thankyou very much.
:wasalam:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuh

To see the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in a dream is entirely possible and good, mashaAllaah. It is the best kind of dream we can have.

You mentioned he had a light beard and not much of beard, but this goes against the true description of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

Dreams fall into 3 categories, 1 is from Allaah and is true and good, 2, from Shaitaan and is not good and 3, just from your imagination and subconcious .

The description of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) must be exactly the same as what is mentioned in the authentic Hadith. - If what you saw was different to the description, then it was not the Prophet Muhammad (Salalalhu alayhi wa salam) but, it was Shaitaan.

Shaitaan can change and come in appearance of any person, EXCEPT the Prophet Muhammad (salallahu alayhi wa salam). The Shaitan can never copy the Prophet Muhammad (salalalhu alayhi wa salam) appearance. -

So, if your description of the Prophet Muhammad (salallahu alayhi wa salam) in the dream fits with that from the Hadith, then inshaAllaah it is a good dream. - If you really want to have good advice about this dream, then you should see a good knowledgeable Imaam who is known to be strong upon Qur'aan and Sunnah. -

There are also many other conditions to consider, such as if person who has the dream had Woedhoe when they went to Sleep, if the person prays 5x, if the person is upon the correct Aqeedah etc

Here are some excerpts from Fatwa and articles of Scholars about this:

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: I heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Whoever sees me in a dream will see me when he is awake; the Shaytaan cannot take my shape.”
(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6592; Muslim, 2266)
According to a report narrated by Ahmad (3400): The Shaytaan cannot resemble me.”
Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar said:

We have narrated it with a complete isnaad from Ismaa’eel ibn Ishaaq al-Qaadi from Sulaymaan ibn Harb – who was one of the shaykhs of al-Bukhaari – from Hammaad ibn Zayd from Ayyoob who said: If a man told Muhammad (meaning Ibn Sireen) that he had seen the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) [in a dream], he would say, “Describe to me the one whom you saw.” If he gave a description that he did not recognize, he would say, “You did not see him.” Its isnaad is saheeh, and I have found another report which corroborates it. Al-Haakim narrated via ‘Aasim ibn Kulayb (who said), my father told me: I said to Ibn ‘Abbaas, “I saw the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in a dream.” He said, “Describe him to me.” He said, “I mentioned al-Hasan ibn ‘Ali and said that he looked like him.” He said, “You did indeed see him.” Its isnaad is jayyid.
Fath al-Baari, 12/383, 384.

Description of the Prophet Muhammad (salallahu alayhi wa salam)

Praise be to Allaah.​
We will quote below a number of ahaadeeth which describe the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). If what you in your dream is in accordance with this, then you did indeed see the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), because he said: "Whoever sees me in a dream has really seen me, because Shaytaan cannot appear in my image." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 5729).

Rabee'ah ibn Abi 'Abd al-Rahmaan said: "I heard Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) describing the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He said: 'He was of average height, not too tall and not too short, with a pinkish colour, not very white and not dark, and his hair was neither very curly nor very straight. The Revelation came to him when he was forty years old, and he stayed in Makkah for ten years after the Revelation came, then in Madeenah for ten years. When he died, there were no more than twenty white hairs on his head and in his beard." (al-Bukhaari, 3283).

Al-Baraa' ibn 'Aazib said: "The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was broad shouldered and had thick hair coming down to his shoulders and earlobes. He was wearing red garments. I have never seen anything more beautiful than him." (Reported by Muslim, Kitaab al-Fadaa'il, Baab Sifat Sha'r al-Nabi (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), no. 2338).

'Ali said: "He was neither tall nor short, and had large hands and feet. He had a large head and was big-boned, and the thin line of hair (starting from his chest and extending to the navel) was long. When he walked, he would lean forward, as if he was walking downhill. I have never seen anyone like him, before or since." (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, 3570, who said this is a saheeh hasan hadeeth).

Jaabir ibn Samurah said: "The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was dalee' al-fam, ashkal al-'ayn and manhoos al-'aqib." Shu'bah said: "I asked Maalik, 'What is dalee' al-fam?' He said: 'Wide-mouthed.' I asked, 'What is ashkal al-'ayn?' He said, 'Big-eyed.' I asked, 'What is manhoos al-'aqib?' He said, 'His heels were not fleshy.'" (Saheeh Muslim, Kitaab al-Fadaa'il, 2339).

And Allaah knows best !

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuh

aroojimran

Salam alykum wrwb

MashaAllah for that peice of knowledge..
Well,i mostly take dreams as prophesies from the outer world except when i have a dream without having WUDDU..

Jazakallah khair

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
and than i ask a strange question with a person sitting right next to me "to whom that beer belongs?" And the person replies "That bear is of prophet mohammad (pbuh).and than the dream ended.

beer of prophet (peace be upon him)? thats impossible brother!

but i cant comment on ur dream. i m too ignorant in dream interpretation.
:)

Salam alykum wrwb
Well,i mostly take dreams as prophesies from the outer world except when i have a dream without having WUDDU..

is it true that dreams can't be true without wudu?
[confused]

Firdavs

Wow... i did also have a dream of a messenger. It was in a dessert and some ancient buildings and some guy on horse comes with a long beard and Muslim clothes with a hat and beautiful and kind face that made me just stare at him in my dream. He had told me "Be wise and careful and watch what's in front of you. You must not lie and if you do cheat and lie you can't hide from Allah, he sees but yet waits for the truth."

It just shocked me...i was like shoot for a minute i thought it was reallllll!!1

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
thanks for the knowledge brother mabsoot....
if we see him in dreams , then was he before the same?..
thanks , may alah bless you ameen