PSA: Freedom From Fear

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu dear brothers and sisters.

A brother made a video (Public Service Announcement) casting how muslims are stereotyped in America. I am putting from his site the following words together with the video. Hope you would like it and share with non-muslims.

It’s with great excitement that I write this post. Several months back sister Shirien had given a speech at her school about Muslims, their image, and the media. I had the opportunity read her speech and suggested that it be turned into a PSA of sort, after which I formatted it into three different PSAs.

Shirien explain more about the background of the development of this PSA on her blog post titled, “Why do you wear that rag on your head?”

When one of my good friends Ahmed read the formatted PSAs, and decided to make the videos. He went out filmed and editing the videos and the following was the result!

[yt]9U73krmw0yA[/yt]

This PSA is only the first of three. There are two more to come (which haven’t been produced yet) so stay tuned

Also, I want to say a HUGE jazakallahu khairun for all people on and off screen to make this PSA happen. After the taufeeq of Allah-swt YOU made it happen. May this be on your scale of good deeds on the day of judgment. Ameen.

Courtesy: Al-Baraa

nori suja'i

keep it up brothers & sisters,
i like to watch this type of video. make it clear ourselves
to avoid negative perception from none muslim towards
Islam.
Alhamdulillah