psychology and Islam, help!!!!!!!!

muslimguy

:salam2: brothers and sisters,

in one of my research papers for a psychology class, I started writing about
Islamic Ethics and Values in Preventing of Emotional Disorders.

and I was wondering if I can get some ideas from the users of this website.

any input would be appreciated. jazakom Allah Khairan.

:salam2:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

The prevention of emotional distrubances lies in the ability of the person to make rational and logical choices in a given situation. Islam gives us the Holy Quran and the sunnah. Therein lie the choies one can make. I am oversimplifying.
After spending over two decades in the field I have come to realize that the when a person is able to acknowldege God the chances of recovery is better. I am limited to working with non-Muslims.
Most of emotional distrubance is due to ego. The I is always greater than the we, you etc. There is usually a feeling that the world owes the client/patient something, They have a grudge. They hoard, they retain anger and it is the anger that fuels the illnesses, the anixiety, the neurosis.
Islam teaches us not to be angry. We have little right to be angry. We are given provisions, and family, and life is not limited to this dunya. Emotional disturbance stops life and limits life to the little pocket of anger.
Islam teaches us that we have tests. If we see a situation as a test, we know it is temporary and prayer and gratitudue will ease the current situation.
I hope this helps. I am not feeling well but should you need additonal help or more specifics I will check in later.

Globalpeace

Banned
Islamic Psychology!

W-Salam,

You can also try:

http://www.crescentlife.com/articles/islamic psych/islamic_psychology.htm

http://www.angelfire.com/al/islamicpsychology/

:salam2: brothers and sisters,

in one of my research papers for a psychology class, I started writing about
Islamic Ethics and Values in Preventing of Emotional Disorders.

and I was wondering if I can get some ideas from the users of this website.

any input would be appreciated. jazakom Allah Khairan.

:salam2: