Yummy! Queen's Birthday Cake

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
It is same in Islam too.

Every soul will carry its own burden, and no one will carry somebody else’s burden. There will be a day when a soul which has a heavy load of sins, would look for a close person to help, but it will be turned down. Allah (S.W.T.) says in surat Al-An’am, (Verse 164), what can be translated as, "…No person earns any (sin) except against himself (only), and no bearer of burdens shall bear the burden of another. Then unto your Lord is your return…" Allah (S.W.T.) also says in surat Luqman, (Verse 33), what can be translated as, "O mankind! Be afraid of your Lord (by keeping your duty to Him and avoiding all evil), and fear a Day when no father can avail aught for his son, or a son avail aught for his father. Verily, the Promise of Allah is true, let not then this (worldly) present life deceive you, nor let the chief deceiver (Satan) deceive you about Allah."

True-Say

By the way is the Queen considered to be guilty of the sins of her ancestors ? Christianity say she is not, as we only answer for our own sins. I thought it was the same in Islam.

[... post moderated]

No one said you are responsible for yoyr ancestors sins. I said she ruled over Muslim countries as a Queen. Therefore being a taghut ruler as they incorporated manmade laws upon these countries.

[... post moderated]
What part of "celebrating birthdays is bidah" don't you understand? The Prophet S.A.W said bidah in the deen would be in the fire.

Birthdays celebrations are pagan in their origin. You don't know that they practiced occult rituals on her birthday and ritual sacrafice do you lol.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Hey sis Cariad! :SMILY198: Birthday cakes might be bad to you too. :SMILY29: Too much sugar and cream - better to avoid them.

And if the Queen ever asks you to make to her her´s next birthday cake... be aware. :SMILY286:

And br True-Say - no need to answer to my posts - you are in my ignore list.

Last edited:

Cariad

You have not answeree any of my points nor provided any evidence to back up your whinsical claims. For some reason due to your inability to understand you can't seem to comprehend what I am saying.

Your points aren't worthy to answer as they have nothing to do with the topic of cakes and the baking of. Could be I don't actually care about your opinion. .. Rather than any inability to understand you or any lack of comprehension on my part.

No one said you are responsible for yoyr ancestors sins. I said she ruled over Muslim countries as a Queen. Therefore being a taghut ruler as they incorporated manmade laws upon these countries.

Did you not accuse the Queen of guilt for ordering death of muslims and pillaging their lands? Proof that she personally did this, or you say she is guilty by association for the decisions of her ancestors. But whatever... She is a splendid much loved Queen. End of.

A coconut lol if only you understood what I mean.

I assume it to be an insult of some sort. I assume that on the basis you are a hater and do the work of the devil, causing hate and division between people.

You are brainwashed by the kuffar. What part of "celebrating birthdays is bidah" don't you understand? The Prophet S.A.W said bidah in the deen would be in the fire.

Maybe you mistake me for muslim. I'm not, so "bidah" has no understanding or relevance to me.

Birthdays celebrations are pagan in their origin. You don't know that they practiced occult rituals on her birthday and ritual sacrafice do you lol.

Talk to the hand... .... ... The face not listening.

Last edited:

Cariad

Hey sis Cariad! :SMILY198: Birthday cakes might be bad to you too. :SMILY29: Too much sugar and cream - better to avoid them.

And if the Queen ever asks you to make to her her´s next birthday cake... be aware. :SMILY286:

Lol... Cake birthday or not.. Now and again I will take the risk to my health for occasional yumminess :D

I don't think I would ever be asked my baking skills are not up to the task. If they were I maybe would bake a chilli chocolate cake, or chocolate and beetroot... Chocolate and zucchini.. Or chocolate and cherry.. Hmmm.. Chocolate is the theme I think. ;)

How do you do that ignore list? Sounds like a good idea. I don't think the brother has interest in cakes at all... Not even coconut.

True-Say

Well when you have been defeated what else is there to do but click "ignore".

I am right. That is why you can't rebuke what I say and use misdirection to try and help you to distract others from the main point of my argument by trying to say " this is just about a cake". No it isn't. If it was just about a "cake" you wouldn't have mentioned a kuffar "queen" and a "birthday".

You lose.

Last edited:

Cariad

Well when you have been defeated what else is there to do but click "ignore".

I am right. That is why you can't rebuke what I say and use misdirection to try and help you to distract others from the main point of my argument by trying to say " this is just about a cake". No it isn't. If it was just about a "cake" you wouldn't have mentioned a kuffar "queen" and a "birthday".

You lose.
You appear to have a big problem with your understanding.

Firstly this section of the forum is Five Star Kitchen, this is the place where food is discussed. Cake is food.

Sister herb and I may not share the same faith but we have a common interest in food.

I am not a muslim so your remarks about "Kuffar Queen" and birthday mean nothing to me.

The Lady chosen to bake the Queens birthday cake was a muslim lady, so I'm thinking maybe interesting to other muslim ladies (sister Herb) who also likes to bake.

It really is that simple.

So you gate crash the thread with your hateful remarks, and try to turn it into something it is not nor was ever meant to be. If you so desperately need a platform for your hate agenda the five star kitchen bakery thread is not the correct place for it. As you have not contributed anything regards to cake baking (except for some dubious remark about coconut) ... Obviously some veiled insult.. Then why you should expect anyone to take your contribution seriously is anyone's guess. The ignore option seems the best option in this case. There must be a button somewhere to activate it. :)

Heddwch i chi a nos da.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
A reminder this part of the forum is for discussing cooking and food.
If there is a will to discuss celebrating birthdays being bidah, it is better placed in "Islamic Discussion".
If there is a will to make this a place of competition in the deen and to call each other names, there is no place anywhere for that.

Members are reminded that they will not get far reporting posts for being disrespectful if they themselves are disrespectful. Members are further reminded that moderation is not by demand but at the discretion of the moderators.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
How do you do that ignore list? Sounds like a good idea. I don't think the brother has interest in cakes at all... Not even coconut.

Click an annoying person´s name (under the avatar image). Small pop up window opens. Click "Ignore". After that you don´t see posts of this member. Later you can remove a member from ignoring - it´s not permanent.

Cariad

Click an annoying person´s name (under the avatar image). Small pop up window opens. Click "Ignore". After that you don´t see posts of this member. Later you can remove a member from ignoring - it´s not permanent.
Thank you... So easy to do :)

Cariad

You are welcome dear. Maybe we can now focus on cakes.
Yes, indeed. :)

I tried the lemon buttercream in a Victoria sponge cake, I used butter, icing sugar and lemon curd, also put in some grated lemon zest for the added zing factor. It was very nice and my friends all enjoyed it.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I forgot to buy lemons etc. to my cake. :(

I just took a sponge cake from the oven. It will be filled with strawberry jam, mashed bananas and decorated with whipped cream and chocolate candies. I was planning to make a strawberry cake but fresh strawberries were ended on the stock of my local market. Ok, maybe chocolate candies are enough fine.

Picture later when it´s ready.

Cariad

I forgot to buy lemons etc. to my cake. :(

I just took a sponge cake from the oven. It will be filled with strawberry jam, mashed bananas and decorated with whipped cream and chocolate candies. I was planning to make a strawberry cake but fresh strawberries were ended on the stock of my local market. Ok, maybe chocolate candies are enough fine.

Picture later when it´s ready.
Mashed bananas!! I never tried that. Do you mash banana and mix with jam or layer of each? What about mash banana and cream for filling? I wonder if that work.

Now.. I want to try this banana thing :)

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I usually put them to separate layers. Maybe also rest of the banana mashing on the top and later some whipped cream. But yes, mashed banana with cream sounds good too. Also I have rhubarb-strawberry flavoured quark for filling. That one I will mix with strawberry jam.

Soon I will whip the cream. Wanna lick the bowl? :p Oh, that was one of the best parts when I baked with my grandfather when I was a kid...

Cariad

Haha.. I used to lick the bowl from the cake mixture baking with my nianee. But now they say not a good thing to do because of raw egg and salmonella. But I was never sick from it. :)

Strawberry and rhubarb are match made in heaven. I have rhubarb in the garden now, it's forced of course but still nice flavour, even nicer with strawberries.

Cariad

I am thinking a walnut sponge would work well with banana and cream filling. Maybe decorate the top with walnuts drizzled in chocolate.. :D

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Oh... this kind of discussion makes me
drool.gif

Too many delicious options, too little cakes.

Cariad

Do you think rhubarb and strawberries would make a good filling for a cake? Thinking.... Maybe bake the rhubarb with some sugar and then leave till cool then mix up with some chopped strawberries. Could layer it with cream for extra yumminess. :) I might try that..

For a topping maybe sprinkle with crushed meringues.. Sugar overload !!!!!