Question about 13:15

Peter_502

Salaam alaikum. Sorry for all the questions, but here is another one. :)

13:15

And unto Allah (Alone) falls in prostration whoever is in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, and so do their shadows in the mornings and in the afternoons.
http://searchtruth.com/chapter_display.php?chapter=13&translator=5#15

Is 13:15 inclusive of every living thing, or a generality but not all things? Does it include only people/angels/jinn or also animals and plants?
Is the verse saying that every single thing created prostrates to God, as do their shadows in the mornings and afternoons?

Is this a correct understanding?

Many thanks and take care.

a_stranger

Wa alaikim alsalam brother thank you again you make me ponder , read and understand.
Concerning the prostration in the Quran I find this tafseer:
(وَلِلَّهِ يَسْجُدُ مَنْ فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ طَوْعًا وَكَرْهًا وَظِلَالُهُمْ بِالْغُدُوِّ وَالْآصَالِ (15) بعد أن بين سبحانه وتعالى بطلان الشرك، وضرب الأمثال على ذلك، وهي أمثال على عظمة البيان القرآني الذي لَا يسامى، ، أخذ يبين سبحانه وتعالى خضوع الوجود كله له سبحانه، والانقياد له سبحانه، فقال تعالت كلماته: (وَلِلَّهِ يَسْجُدُ من فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ طَوْعًا وَكَرْهًا)، والمراد من السجود في ظاهر القرآن، وكما قرر أكثر العلماء الخضوع، وتسخير اللَّه سبحانه وتعالى له، وبذلك يكون المعنى خضوع الموجودات كلها لإرادته سبحانه وتعالى، فالرياح تسير بأمره، والكواكب والنجوم مسخرات بأمره.

I shall try to explain still I am not very good in English:

It means that everything is following the will of Allah willingly or unwillingly . Allah created everything and moving everything no one can escape the will of his creator.

My comment : those who prostrate willingly are in harmony with all that is around.

I hope some one translate the tafseer better .
With respect

a_stranger

For example if we think about our bodies : our organs like hearts, lungs , eyes , ears ........muscles , everything is functioning according to the will , power wisdom of our creator, they are submitting to Allah. If we prostrate on ground to Allah we are accompanying them and everything else. Perfect harmony and peace.

Peter_502

Salaam alaikum A_Stranger and thank you for the replies. Thank you for confirming that the verse clearly says that every created thing prostrates to Allah. Does it follow that the shadows of everything also prostrate every morning and afternoon?

a_stranger

The shadows just like everything else is a creation of Allah subhanahu wa taaala following his will .
Yes , they are prostrating , and submitting to his Laws. And Allah knows best.

Peter_502

The shadows just like everything else is a creation of Allah subhanahu wa taaala following his will .
Yes , they are prostrating , and submitting to his Laws. And Allah knows best.
So according to the verse, the shadow of every created thing prostrates in the morning and afternoon, correct?

a_stranger

Correct, keeping in mind that prostrating of shadows is different from our prostrating in prayers. And Allah knows best.

Peter_502

Correct, keeping in mind that prostrating of shadows is different from our prostrating in prayers. And Allah knows best.
Thank you, A_Stranger.
How can this be however, when there are living things that are created by God, who never see the sunlight? How can their shadows prostrate when they have no shadows?