question about dog ?

Proud_2b_Muslim

Ahmad M. Al-Marshoud
:salam2:
see this picture

tmxw.jpg

lets say that its my house , the brown color is the building that I with my family live in , the green color is just a floor but its belong to the house ( there is no building in it ) the black color is the wall for the house , the gray color is the street and the white color is other houses beside us

now the question is , is it ok to have a dog and let it live in the green area ?
:wasalam:

cmelbouzaidi

Assalamu alaikom.... from the diagram (and I am a failure at space relations...lol) it would seem the dog may be in a courtyard or garden area surrounding the house? I believe (but don't take my word for it) that it is okay if the dog does not enter the living quarters.

I would like to learn more about dogs and Islam as I don't understand it very well. I have heard (and this is all heresay) that if a dog is in the house and barks, the angels leave, and I wonder why. I have heard that if a dog licks you, you must wash seven times before you pray as the dogs saliva is difficult to wash off. But I have also seen on TV that a dog's mouth is much cleaner than a human's mouth (in terms of bacteria) and I would like to understand this better, too. Some say that a dog's saliva has healing properties for wounds, for example. I grew up with three Shetland sheep dogs and they were better "friends" than most people...lol!!!! I am happy with my two cats in the house but still have a weakness for dogs, they are so loyal and ask for virtually nothing in return!

Can anyone actually separate rules in Islam when it pertains to dogs as opposed to heresay or cultural traditions/superstitions?

Jazak Allahu Khair.

Proud_2b_Muslim

Ahmad M. Al-Marshoud
:salam2:
I love dogs , my brother have a farm full with dogs but its far , I go there once a week , I wish to have a dog in the house ( green area :> lol ) but I have to ask first , if the problem is washing seven times before praying its ok I will but I dont think thats all

Phoyage

All I know is that you can use a dog if you want to protect sheep or yourself
Or if your blind
But I'm not sure which angle your going at.
Why do you want the dog?

AbuHarris

Brother
concerning dogs

wa-ʿalaykumu s-salām wa-raḥmatullāh.
======= see my next posting in this thread ======

wa-s-salām

AbuHarris

Brother
concerning dogs

wa-ʿalaykumu s-salām wa-raḥmatullāh.
I have read some interesting articles on the subject, two of which, I hope inshallah, you will find informative.

One is 'Dogs in the Islamic Tradition and Nature':
http://www.scholarofthehouse.org/dinistrandna.html

the other is a news item from last December concerning a pilot project to allow a guide dog inside a mosque complex. Read details in this article:

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/...86544401&pagename=Zone-English-News/NWELayout

wa-s-salām

saffanah

speak good or silent
Hadith - Bukhari 3:515, Narrated Abu Huraira

I heard Allah's Apostle saying; "Angels (of Mercy) do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or a picture of a living creature (a human being or an animal)."

Hadith - Muslim, Narrated 'Aisha

Gabriel made a promise with Allah's Messenger to come at a definite hour; that hour came but he did not visit him. And there was in his hand (in the hand of Allah's Apostle) a staff. He threw it from his hand and said: Never has Allah or His messengers (angels) ever broken their promise. Then he cast a glance (and by chance) found a puppy under his cot and said: Aisha, when did this dog enter here ? She said: By Allah, I don't know. He then commanded and it was turned out. Then Gabriel came and Allah's Messenger said to him: You promised me and I waited for you, but you did not come, whereupon he said: It was the dog in your house which prevented me (to come), for we (angels) do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a picture.

Hadith - Bukhari 3:515, Narrated Abu Huraira

Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever keeps a dog, one Qirat of the reward of his good deeds is deducted daily, unless the dog is used for guarding a farm or cattle." Abu Huraira (in another narration) said from the Prophet, "unless it is used for guarding sheep or farms, or for hunting." Narrated Abu Hazim from Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "A dog for guarding cattle or for hunting."

Here's I have a good answers similar to your question, may it beneficial :)

Q.) I am a 15 year old Muslim American and my mother is buying a dog. I heard that if I touch the dog, I cannot pray. Is this true? What should I do?

A.) All creatures are the creation of Allah Taãla and do deserve the recognition of being a creation of the Almighty. As much as Muslims detest even the sight of pigs - it is the creation of Allah Taãla - and because Allah has placed life into it, we cannot inflict pain nor torture the pig.

Similarly Allah Taãla created the dog from among His creation. This does not mean that we should love the dog. It is perhaps the indoctrination of the Western culture that 'The dog is Man's best Friend'. The theory that 'dogs are very dependent on Human affection' is a myth - again culture and custom has helped to develop this unnatural behavior.

Allah Taãla the Creator of this Universe - having created the dog would surely have known that the dog requires Human affection and love to exist in this world. Rasulullah (Sallallaaahu Álayhi Wasallam) would have advised us to keep dogs as pets. On the contrary, we are instructed not to keep dogs as pets and 'love' them as exemplified by the non-Muslims. Remember our life is structured and bound by the Shariah i.e. The Noble Qurãn and the beautiful example of Rasulullah (Sallallaaahu Álayhi Wasallam). Consider these Ahaadith:

Sayyidna Abu Talha (Radhiyallaahu Ánhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallaaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said, "Angels do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or an animate picture. (Sahih Bukhari Hadith no. 2986)

Sayyidna Ibn Abbas (Radhiyallaahu Ánhuma) reports from Sayyidna Maimoona (Radhiyallaahu Ánha) that once Rasulullah (Sallallaaahu Álayhi Wasallam) became sad; and said that Jibra'eel (Álayhis Salaam) promised to meet him at night but did not turn up. "By Allah what has kept him back," said the Prophet (Sallallaaahu Álayhi Wasallam). Then he realised a puppy was under his bed. He ordered that the puppy be removed and the area be sprinkled with water. In the afternoon when Jibra'eel (Álayhi Salaam) came, Rasulullah (Sallallaaahu Álayhi Wasallam) enquired as to the delay. Jibra'eel (Álayhi

Salaam) said that we, the group of Angels do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or pictures. (Sahih Muslim Hadith no.3928)

In the light of these Ahaadith and other narrations it is not permissible to keep dogs as pets. The household is deprived of the Mercy of Allah Taãla.

However, Jurists have stated that it is permissible to keep a dog for security purposes, farming and hunting.

The saliva of a dog is Najis (impure). If it touches the clothes or body, that portion also becomes impure and must be washed. And Allah Ta'ala Knows Best.

nizar83

mashallah, we are allowed to have dogs, but they cant live where we live...

they scare away the angels.
the washing 7 x when being touched by a dog isnt correct!

when a dog touches our clothes...its not even effecting our whuduu...but when he licks us or our clothes than we must wash up the part of the clothing that has been touched with water!

i love animals..but i would never ever ever let a dog live where i live...dogs smell...are dirty..you cant even wash them often..so the smell and stuff is inevitable

AbuHarris

Brother
Fatwa allows Muslim's guide dog inside mosque

سلام عليكم
The Guardian,
Thursday September 25 2008

A blind Muslim student yesterday became the first person to be allowed to take a guide dog into a UK mosque.

Mahomed-Abraar Khatri, 18, can now enter his place of worship in Leicester with canine companion Vargo after the Muslim Law (Sharia) Council UK issued a fatwa in response to his request.

The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association described the decision as "a massive step forward for other blind and partially-sighted Muslims". Previously, all dogs were banned from mosques because the Islamic faith historically sees them as being for guarding and hunting only. However, the position was softened because guide dogs could be classed in the "working dogs" category. The animals are still barred from entering the prayer hall for the sake of hygiene but are allowed to guide their owners to the area where shoes are placed, the fatwa says.
Read more:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2008/sep/25/disability.islam

والسلام