Question regarding prayer for a sick person

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: Dear Sisters and Brothers, I am very weak in the area of dua and the guidelines and wanted to ask some advice. I had news today that a little Muslim brother in the neighbourhood has been badly burnt on his arm and his condition is very serious. I want to offer duaa and ask for advice for what parents' should do in prayer/supplication when faced with this kind of shocking situation. I have a little book called "Prayers of the Prophet, peace be upon him" by Masnoon Duaain and I found a prayer inside called "Relief of any kind of illness". It recommends writing the following on a china plate and then rinsing it with water into a glass which the patient would then drink: Surah Al Fatihah followed by these several verses that in English would mean something like this: "Relieve the hearts of a believing people and when I am sick, He heals me; and a healing for what is in the hearts; and a guidance and a mercy to the believers. And We reveal of the Qur'an that which is a healing and a mercy to the believers and it adds only to the predition of wrongdoers. Say it is to those who believe a guidance and a healing".

Has anyone heard of this practice before? Is this something that was really practiced by Prophet Mohammed, peace be upon him, and therefore to be recommended in a situation like this?

Many thanks for remembering the little boy in your duaa and giving me any advice that can clarify the correct duaa and prayers in these situations.

:wasalam: