Question?

Dahab

Salam alaikom, dear brothers and sisters.

I have a question and wonder if someone is able to help me. A month ago my sister died in hospital she was suffering with cancer. El hamdulilah i was with her till the last moment. I asked her to please say the Shahada..she wasn't able to really speak anymore but she could move her eyebrows, so i saw that she was acknowleging what what happening... I asked to please say the shahada and really mean and understand what she was saying, inside herself..also i was doing my best reading different surah's. The evening she actually died about an hour or so before, she started saying with alot of difficulty Allah, followed by a sigh then again for about 4 times i think. I said :subhanallah:, :allahuakbar:...and was very moved by what i had just heard. Of course it is between her and Allah. She passed away very peacefully her eyes were closed during the day and evening, when the Angel of Death arrived she opened her eyes and followed something that only she could see and then came the last breath...it was very emotional and also very peaceful.
:subhanallah:the Angel of Death was in the room and i couldn't see him...all praise belongs to Allah...

My question is the morning after she died I woke up smelling the most beautiful scent...i wanted to keep smelling it but sadly it drifted away...can anyone explain this to me?

I look forward to reading your replies :inshallah:

Salaam, your sister Dahab from Holland

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

First welcome sister to TTI. Please accept our condolences for the demise of your sister.
I have worked as a hospice counselor and have seen the look on the faces of my patients as they were crossing over. It is a sight to behold and humbles you. Those events increased my faith.
In my very limited knowledge there have been reports of people waking up and smelling fragrance. The scent of visitors from Allah subhana talla. Some refer to it as the scent of jannath. Your faith seems to be so loving and pure..and you were rewarded..

Dahab

:inshallah: that is a comfort to think of it like that. Thank you very much for your kind reply. That is what i thought myself, like a sign that my sister's shahadah has been accepted :inshallah: Allah knows best.

Salaam :tti_sister:

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

My deepest condolences, May Allah have mercy on you and her.

The scent you smelled may indicate that Allah have accepted her Shahada and that she earned HIS mercy on her in her death.
Many of those who died at the time of Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) where blessed by a unique scent after death and ppl could smell that scent for days each time they would pass on thier graves.
It is considered to be one of many of the blessings a good muslim gains in his/her death.

Subhana Al-hayy Alathi la yamout
سبحان الحي الذي لا يموت
Praise to The Alive who never dies

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Salam alaikom, dear brothers and sisters.

I have a question and wonder if someone is able to help me. A month ago my sister died in hospital she was suffering with cancer. El hamdulilah i was with her till the last moment. I asked her to please say the Shahada..she wasn't able to really speak anymore but she could move her eyebrows, so i saw that she was acknowleging what what happening... I asked to please say the shahada and really mean and understand what she was saying, inside herself..also i was doing my best reading different surah's. The evening she actually died about an hour or so before, she started saying with alot of difficulty Allah, followed by a sigh then again for about 4 times i think. I said :subhanallah:, :allahuakbar:...and was very moved by what i had just heard. Of course it is between her and Allah. She passed away very peacefully her eyes were closed during the day and evening, when the Angel of Death arrived she opened her eyes and followed something that only she could see and then came the last breath...it was very emotional and also very peaceful.
:subhanallah:the Angel of Death was in the room and i couldn't see him...all praise belongs to Allah...

My question is the morning after she died I woke up smelling the most beautiful scent...i wanted to keep smelling it but sadly it drifted away...can anyone explain this to me?

I look forward to reading your replies :inshallah:

Salaam, your sister Dahab from Holland

May Allah grant her Jannatul firdaos

nori suja'i

my deepest condolence to u too brother,
like u i lost my 2nd sister last Feb. that afternoon while in a crowded mrt on the way to visit her in hospital, i also smelled the scent exactly like the one my late father used to on every friday before going to the mosque & on aidl fitri. when i entered my sister's room i saw she just staring on the shilling not like the day before, sleeping for hours. when i wispered to her ear with Allah's Names she followed with hiccup but i got a feeling that she's going to leave me. that thursday night my 3rd sister called n tell me that my 2nd sister already gone.
actually before this, i experienced a very strong scent during my visit to Masjideel Nabawi in Madeena. i was sitting alone zikr & giving my slawaat to RasoolAllah (my hubby on the other side of the masjid) suddenly a strong scent went into my nose n i felt as if RasoolAllah was near to me then i broke down. Subhanaullah that sweet memory.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam,

InshaAllah I will find out by asking those who know, i.e scholars.. It is important for their to be establish Dalil, Evidences, rather than people giving their own personal stories - for that does not constitute any proof in Islam.

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

Dear sister, Dahab :)

May Allah grant you sabr " patience" and consolation and accept your sister in the righteous. May Allah and the angels welcome her in the best place in Paradise...Ameen

InshaaAllah this beautiful scent you found is a wounderful message to gladden your heart and give you glad tidings about your sister.

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
Wa'alaikum Salaam,

MashAllah, it sounds like it was a very peaceful passing. May Allah have mercy on her, I pray that you are in good health, ameen.

Salaam.

MissSemolina

:salam2:

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raajioon. Indeed it is to Allah we belong and to Him is our final return.

:wasalam:
Miss Semolina

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Wa alaykum salam,

InshaAllah I will find out by asking those who know, i.e scholars.. It is important for their to be establish Dalil, Evidences, rather than people giving their own personal stories - for that does not constitute any proof in Islam.

Assalamualaikum

:bismillah1:

First and Foremost, Dear Sister Dahab, I would like to forward my deepest condolences to you. May Allah (SWT) give you Sabr and Insha Allah to our Dear Sister, Jannat ul Firduas Aameen. We are from Allah and unto Him we shall return.

I would agree with Brother Mabsoot. He is correct. Its best to find out, to know the Evidence from the Scholars.

My personal opinion, from a personal experience, is very same. The sweet smell. The fragrance. And, I thought the very same, that it is a sign of forgiveness and acceptance of martydom. And Allah knows Best.

I will make you and your Dear a part of my duas. I hope Allah (SWT) accepts them though. I will now leave you in the care of Allah Almighty.

Assalamualaikum