Recitation criticism

Abdullah5576

Asalamulaykum, I was wondering if my fellow muslim brothers and sisters would mind checking my recitation and giving me tips (specifically tajweed and whether my voice needs much improvement, bare in mind im merely 14).
I apologize for getting a little emotional in certain parts.

Side Note: I sound much better in person, i'm not sure how to get a clear recording of my recitation.

Attachments

• surah an-naba.mp3
    3.5 MB · Views: 64

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
young brother,in sh Allah you have a great future,keep on training.unfortunately my shyness forbides me to share some surats with tti members and to know if I'm good or not.I complain myself for this.

Abdullah5576

:salam2:
young brother,in sh Allah you have a great future,keep on training.unfortunately my shyness forbides me to share some surats with tti members and to know if I'm good or not.I complain myself for this.

No need to be shy, criticism makes you better :)

salahdin

MASHALLAH bro I admire you at the age of 14. Dont waste your youth as i wasted mine may ALLAH AZA WAJALLAH forgive us. learn the rules the voice will come but the rules of tajweed is what makes you a reciter . If you master the rules of tajweed you will notice a big diffrence when reciting the Holy Quran. Here site that can help you achieve that www.abouttajweed.com. And try listen and imitate to your favourite reciter remember training makes perfect. May ALLAH AZA WAJALLAH help you with you endeavor.

Abdullah5576

MASHALLAH bro I admire you at the age of 14. Dont waste your youth as i wasted mine may ALLAH AZA WAJALLAH forgive us. learn the rules the voice will come but the rules of tajweed is what makes you a reciter . If you master the rules of tajweed you will notice a big diffrence when reciting the Holy Quran. Here site that can help you achieve that www.abouttajweed.com. And try listen and imitate to your favourite reciter remember training makes perfect. May ALLAH AZA WAJALLAH help you with you endeavor.

Jazakallah Khair :) i'm more inspired to put 1000% into my hifdh.

salahdin

You can do it bro utilize your memory while you are still young. The older you become the harder it becomes to memorise . And when ALLAH AZA WAJALLAH aks you what you did with your youth (time) you have the answer INSHALLAH. but first master the rules of tajweed and everything will go smooth .Best with a teacher who can help.

Learning the Qur'an

1. Whoever recites the Qur'an well and clearly is equal in rank to the Angels who record creation's deeds. These Angels are gracious, honorable and of lofty rank. He who finds difficulty in reciting the Qur'an will obtain a double reward.
(Bukhari, Muslim).

2. A person whose breast is devoid of the Qur'an (i.e. has not learnt anything of the Qur'an Majeed) is like a desolate house.
(Tirmidhi).

3. A person who recites one letter of the Qur'an, obtains one virtue; each virtue multiplies to ten virtues. I am not saying that (ALM) is one letter. But, Alif is one letter; Laam is one letter and Meem is one letter.
(Tirmidhi, Darimi).

4. On the day of Resurrection a crown of such brilliance will be placed on the heads of the parents of one who learnt the Qur'an and practiced on its laws, that its glitter will outshine the brilliance of the sun which penetrates your houses. What then do you think will be the position of the one who himself learnt the Qur'an and acted in accordance with it?
(Ahmad, Abu Dawud).

5. Whoever recites the Qur'an, memorizes it, accepts its halal (lawful things) as halal and haram (forbidden things) as haram (i.e. his beliefs in these matters are correct), Allah, the Exalted, will enter him to Paradise and accept his intercession on behalf of ten such persons of his family upon whom entry into Hell has become incumbent (i.e. Allah will forgive them because of his intercession)."
(Ahmad, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, Darimi).

6. Continue reciting the Qur'an because on the Day of Qiyaamah it will appear as an intercessor for the reciter.
(Muslim).

7. Whoever listens to even a single ayat (being recited by another person) obtains such a virtue which perpetually multiplies (it increases in merit continuously). The one who recited the ayat will on the Day of Resurrection find the recited ayat in the form of a Noor (which will be of greater value and significance than the virtue which accrued to the one who had listened to the recitation).
(Ahmad).

8. The best among you are those who learn the Qur'an and teach it.
(Bukhari).

9. On the Day of Resurrection the Qur'an will petition Allah to cloak the one who had recited it with garments of honor and respect. A crown of honor will then be placed on the head of the reciter. The Qur'an will then petition Allah to shower His pleasure on the reciter. Allah will then become pleased with him. The reciter will then be asked to recite the Qur'an, thereby attaining higher ranks of elevation. In reward for each ayat a virtue will accrue to him.
(Tirmidhi, Ibn Khuzaimah).

10. Continue climbing (higher and higher in rank) with your recitation in the same way as you recited with care and concern on earth. Your abode (of residing) is located (at that rank attained) with the last ayat recited.
(Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, Ibn Habbaan).

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
Asalamulaykum, I was wondering if my fellow muslim brothers and sisters would mind checking my recitation and giving me tips (specifically tajweed and whether my voice needs much improvement, bare in mind im merely 14).
I apologize for getting a little emotional in certain parts.

Side Note: I sound much better in person, i'm not sure how to get a clear recording of my recitation.

waalaikum muslam wr wb.......

mashaallah brother.....i really appreciate ur courage and keenness to correct ur mistakes.........

In ur recitation, i noticed some tajweed mistakes and itz nt possible bro to type n tell u.......i better advice u to listn to any qari and concentrate on thier pronounciation and the way they carry out with each ayya.............inshallah u will find a gud n better result.......really itz out of ma experience......

here are some sites which is really helpful for dat

www.tanzil.net
www.quranexplorer.com

i aslo suggest u to go for some tajweed clasess so that u can improve ur recitaion and inshaallah it wil b easy for u to do so since u r at the beginning stage....

May Allah(sa) make it easy for all of us to recite Quran in a beautiful manner in a way our prophet(saw) taught the mankind ...... Ameen ya rabbul 'alameen

Abdullah5576

Jazakallah Khair i will try to correct my mistakes as soon as possible because in my area there are no masjids and few muslims so im doing everything on my own.

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
Jazakallah Khair i will try to correct my mistakes as soon as possible because in my area there are no masjids and few muslims so im doing everything on my own.

waiyyaki .............no worries brother u can do ur own n also letz make use of the modern technology for the sake of Allah......

inshaallah practise makes a man perfect :)

i just thought to share this with u

The Virtues of Surat Al-Baqarah

In Musnad Ahmad, Sahih Muslim, At-Tirmidhi and An-Nasa'i, it is recorded that Abu Hurayrah said that the Prophet said,

(Do not turn your houses into graves. Verily, Shaytan does not enter the house where Surat Al-Baqarah is recited.) At-Tirmidhi said, "Hasan Sahih.

Also, `Abdullah bin Mas`ud said, "Shaytan flees from the house where Surat Al-Baqarah is heard.'' This Hadith was collected by An-Nasa'i in Al-Yawm wal-Laylah, and Al-Hakim recorded it in his Mustadrak, and then said that its chain of narration is authentic, although the Two Sahihs did not collect it. In his Musnad, Ad-Darimi recorded that Ibn Mas`ud said, "Shaytan departs the house where Surat Al-Baqarah is being recited, and as he leaves, he passes gas.'' Ad-Darimi also recorded that Ash-Sha`bi said that `Abdullah bin Mas`ud said, "Whoever recites ten Ayat from Surat Al-Baqarah in a night, then Shaytan will not enter his house that night. (These ten Ayat are) four from the beginning, Ayat Al-Kursi (255), the following two Ayat (256-257) and the last three Ayat.'' In another narration, Ibn Mas`ud said, "Then Shaytan will not come near him or his family, nor will he be touched by anything that he dislikes. Also, if these Ayat were to be recited over a senile person, they would wake him up.''

Further, Sahl bin Sa`d said that the Messenger of Allah said,

(Everything has a hump (or, high peek), and Al-Baqarah is the high peek of the Qur'an. Whoever recites Al-Baqarah at night in his house, then Shaytan will not enter that house for three nights. Whoever recites it during a day in his house, then Shaytan will not enter that house for three days.) This Hadith was collected by Abu Al-Qasim At-Tabarani, Abu Hatim Ibn Hibban in his Sahih and Ibn Marduwyah.

At-Tirmidhi, An-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah recorded that Abu Hurayrah said, "The Messenger of Allah sent an expedition force comprising of many men and asked each about what they memorized of the Qur'an. The Prophet came to one of the youngest men among them and asked him, `What have you memorized (of the Qur'an) young man' He said, `I memorized such and such Surahs and also Al-Baqarah.' The Prophet said, `You memorized Surat Al-Baqarah' He said, `Yes.' The Prophet said, `Then you are their commander.' One of the noted men (or chiefs) commented, `By Allah! I did not learn Surat Al-Baqarah, for fear that I would not be able to implement it. The Messenger of Allah said,

(Learn Al-Qur'an and recite it, for the example of whoever learns the Qur'an, recites it and adheres to it, is the example of a bag that is full of musk whose scent fills the air. The example of whoever learns the Qur'an and then sleeps (i.e. lazy) while the Qur'an is in his memory, is the example of a bag that has musk, but is closed tight.)

This is the wording collected by At-Tirmidhi, who said that this Hadith is Hasan. In another narration, At-Tirmidhi recorded this same Hadith in a Mursal manner, so Allah knows best.

Imam Ahmad said that Abu Nu`aym narrated to them that Bishr bin Muhajir said that `Abdullah bin Buraydah narrated to him from his father, "I was sitting with the Prophet and I heard him say,

(Learn Surat Al-Baqarah, because in learning it there is blessing, in ignoring it there is sorrow, and the sorceresses cannot memorize it.)

He kept silent for a while and then said,

(Learn Surat Al-Baqarah and Al `Imran because they are two lights and they shade their people on the Day of Resurrection, just as two clouds, two spaces of shade or two lines of (flying) birds. The Qur'an will meet its companion in the shape of a pale-faced man on the Day of Resurrection when his grave is opened. The Qur'an will ask him, 'Do you know me' The man will say, 'I do not know you.' The Qur'an will say, 'I am your companion, the Qur'an, which has brought you thirst during the heat and made you stay up during the night. Every merchant has his certain trade. But, this Day, you are behind all types of trade.' Kingship will then be given to him in his right hand, eternal life in his left hand and the crown of grace will be placed on his head. His parents will also be granted two garments that the people of this life could never afford. They will say, 'Why were we granted these garments' It will be said, 'Because your son was carrying the Qur'an.' It will be said (to the reader of the Qur'an), 'Read and ascend through the levels of Paradise.' He will go on ascending as long as he recites, whether reciting slowly or quickly.)''

Ibn Majah also recorded part of this Hadith from Bishr bin Al-Muhajir, and this chain of narrators is Hasan, according to the criteria of Imam Muslim.

A part of this Hadith is also supported by other Hadiths. For instance, Imam Ahmad recorded that Abu Umamah Al-Bahili said that he heard the Messenger of Allah say,

(Read the Qur'an, because it will intercede on behalf of its people on the Day of Resurrection. Read the two lights, Al-Baqarah and Al `Imran, because they will come in the shape of two clouds, two shades or two lines of birds on the Day of Resurrection and will argue on behalf of their people on that Day.)

The Prophet then said,

(Read Al-Baqarah, because in having it there is blessing, and in ignoring there is a sorrow and the sorceresses cannot memorize it.)

Also, Imam Muslim narrated this Hadith in the Book of Prayer

Imam Ahmad narrated that An-Nawwas bin Sam`an said that the Prophet said,

(On the Day of Resurrection the Qur'an and its people who used to implement it will be brought forth, preceded by Surat Al-Baqarah and Al `Imran.)

An-Nawwas said, "The Prophet set three examples for these two Surahs and I did not forget these examples ever since. He said,

(They will come like two clouds, two dark shades or two lines of birds arguing on behalf of their people.)

It was also recorded in Sahih Muslim and At-Tirmidhi narrated this Hadith, which he rendered Hasan Gharib.

so ,i suggest my dear brother to start memorizing the Book of Allah from the beginning......inshaallah...

May Allah make it easy for all of us to memorize the whole Holy Quran ......ameen ya rabb

Aziboy

Banned

Lack of Masjid should not be a problem for you my dear brother, You try and listen to the same ayat from multiple Qaris by looking at the same ayat in the Qur'an and reciting it by urself.

I am also trying to attain the tajweed class, please pray for me too

May ALLAH forgive our mistakes and bless us with the accurate understanding of Qur'anic recitation......Ameen Ya Rabb Al-Arshil-Qareem

Abdullah5576

Lack of Masjid should not be a problem for you my dear brother, You try and listen to the same ayat from multiple Qaris by looking at the same ayat in the Qur'an and reciting it by urself.

I am also trying to attain the tajweed class, please pray for me too

May ALLAH forgive our mistakes and bless us with the accurate understanding of Qur'anic recitation......Ameen Ya Rabb Al-Arshil-Qareem

You will be in my prayers brother. And may Allah here us, Innal-laha Summa Du'a

salahdin

Start with 30th, 29th, 28th,27th, 26th untill juz number 1 Al-Baqara. The reason is simply these suras are short and thats makes you memorise them easily and quickly. And remember bro if possible write every ayah down before memorising. This is because what you write down ,you will always remember plus you train classic arabic writing And whatever you memorise must be repeted otherwise you will forget what you have memorised .Whatever surah or ayah you memorise must be understood so that you can understand the message othewise we become like

Surah Al-Jumua

The likeness of those who are entrusted with the Law of Moses, yet apply it not, is as the likeness of the ass carrying books. Wretched is the likeness of folk who deny the revelations of Allah. And Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk.62:5

Update me if you can (private mailing). May ALLAH AZA WAJALLAH help you and remember to read the dua( for Quran) before and after reading the holy .QURAN