Reciting as much of the quran as I like in prayers??

lolokopp

:salam2:

I just learned the first 6 ayat of surah yasin. Is it permissible to recite only these 6 ayats after al-fatiha in prayers or do I have the recite the whole surah?? or is there a special point in quran to which a surah has to be recited before bowing in ruku??

Jazakallahu Khair

uddim004

i do not know you can do just the six ayats.but i know that in masjid al haram during ramadan when they try to recite the whole Quran they don't recite the whole of surah Bakarah in the first rakhat. i think there is a place where you have to stop. i'd advise you to talk to your local iman. or other people on this website may be able to help you. i personally also want to know the answer as i want to learn surah yasin by heart. i know its going to take time. but i am willing to put in the time and effort just like you.

hope you find an anwer as well as learn as much of surah yasin as you can. good luck.

dunno

you can recite as much quran as u like 6 ayat is fine
there is no specific point where u need to stop
why to the guy in the second post :) why sura yasin in particular?
inshallah it will be easy for u to memorize it :)

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Saalam alaikum wa rahamatu-llah

I'm sending you a couple of Hadeeth, hope that wll help you to understand inshaa'Allah.

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 471:

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

A man heard another man reciting (in the prayers): 'Say (O Muhammad): "He is Allah, the One." (112.1) And he recited it repeatedly. When it was morning, he went to the Prophet and informed him about that as if he considered that the recitation of that Sura by itself was not enough. Allah's Apostle said, "By Him in Whose Hand my life is, it is equal to one-third of the Quran."

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 472:

Narrated 'Aisha:

The Prophet sent (an army unit) under the command of a man who used to lead his companions in the prayers and would finish his recitation with (the Sura 112): 'Say (O Muhammad): "He is Allah, the One." ' (112.1) When they returned (from the battle), they mentioned that to the Prophet. He said (to them), "Ask him why he does so." They asked him and he said, "I do so because it mentions the qualities of the Beneficent and I love to recite it (in my prayer)." The Prophet; said (to them), "Tell him that Allah loves him"

I hope you have got that....so you can even finish one rakah with one ayah, if you dont know further or you love to recite that out of love for Allah azza wa jal.but usually we want to recite more, coz its human nature...but Allah loves the inclination to His worshipping, cncentration to Him.

I love sura Yasin to recite most.
Alhamdu li Allah, Shukran Allah....I've memorized the whole Sura....without the help of Allah I'd neve be able to do that..Inshaa'Allah I'm going further.

May Allah help you to memorize the whole Quran my brother.
JazakAllah khair
wassalam