Relationship between muslims & non muslims of the opposite sex

Muslimboy2222

Asalam aleikum brother and sisters in islam. i've come to you so that you may help with some of my difficulties. I live in a non muslim country & over the past two years i've encountered some difficulties eg interactions with non-muslims of the opposite sex, moral clash between islam morals & the non-muslims morals and so on. I encounter these problems usually when i am studying. So i was wondering to what extend can a muslim interact with non muslims of the opposite sex eg when studying. I knw in islam there are rules regarding between men & women eg shaking of hands, but you see this law regards muslim women but what about non-muslim who don't understand islam fully. what i am trying to say is that is it allowed to shake the hand of a non-muslim woman regardless of her age??? that is after she took her hand out to greet me.

Another thing that confuses me is that relationship between men & women in islam who aren't yet married. Lets say i love a girl, is it allowed for me to talk to her & find out is she loves me or not, if so is it a must that her father be besides her. You knw marriage is an important decision in a person's life & it is good that a person marries one whom he/she loves, but it might take a while before you find the one whom you seek. Lets say that you want to know the man/woman you love before you marry her/him, how can you do this when a man & a woman who aren't married cannot be left toghther since there is a possibility that it might lead to sin. Please i ask you to enlighten me on this issue.

Waleikum Salam

bintul islam

biz musulmanikh
Salam awb bro,

You can find all the answers to your questions via the following link:
http://www.islamhelpline.com/qandans.asp?topicid=36 and www.thedeenshow.com

My personal opinion is don't interact with non-muslims of the opposite gender. I reckon it would be worse to be alone with a non-muslim than with a muslim. Don't shake hands with them, if they stretch out their hands to shake yours then capture/seize that moment. Use it to teach them about Islam and how we can't shake or kiss the opposite gender. When studying (and remember to study in groups if you have to), if the topic turns loose, then again seize that moment, teach them about Islam...use every opportunity to teach people about Islam for it has been made obligatory on us.

The questions you have asked are so typical! You will inshala definetly find the answers for them via the above link but here is my opinion. I personally would not marry a guy who is all sweet and wushy woshy. I won't marry (or with hesitation) someone who comes up to me and says mate, I have a crush on you will you marry me. I'd be like who the hell are you! If you think you found the potential girl of your dreams, then be a man, even if you look like a goof, go to her house with your family and propose. And that doesn't mean you will then HAVE to marry her. Ask people about that special someone, get your female family members to be friends with her and her family etc etc...there are so many things you can do.

I hope that helped, anything else we can do, just let us know.