Relationships of Girls & Boys

Muawiyah

:salam2:

I have a problem, i know that having a boy or girlfriend is haraam in Islam, i try to tell my friends but they do not know. They just dont listen,
Have you got any advice?

:wasalam:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:salam2:

I have a problem, i know that having a boy or girlfriend is haraam in Islam, i try to tell my friends but they do not know. They just dont listen,
Have you got any advice?

:wasalam:

Wa alaykum Salam brother Muawiyah,

Welcome to this website Muawiyah, we are really happy to have you here with us dear brother :) I hope you like it here inshaAllah.

You have done your duty in telling them, its upto them to listen or not.

What we as Muslims must do is concentrate on learning Islam from the most important aspects, i.e. Tawheed - believing in Allah alone, worshipping him alone, knowing his unique names and attributes - and following his commands. We must spend our time learning these things and following the Quran, also learning about the Prophet :saw: and following his orders which are the Sunnah.

Infact, all our problems would be solved by the grace and power of Allah, most high if we all If we all worshipped Allah alone, and returned to the book of Allah and the Sunnah of his messenger :saw:.

All this fighting we see in Iraq, all the problems we have in our Muslim world, all the silly people who say extremist things or do bad in name of Islam, or the people who struggle and are humiliated by the enemies of the Muslims... or the uneducated, poor position of the Muslims is due to our lack of Islam. Or to be more specific not following Islam as it should be followed. The Islam that is purely based upon the Quran and original teachings of the Prophet :saw:. For he commanded us to follow the Quran and his sunnah and to stick as close as possible to that and to have the understanding of the first three generation of Muslims. - So, your friends and many of the Muslims are in the position they are in due to this ignorance. Our lands are occupied by the non Muslims due to this ignorance. -

InshaAllah ,then what you should do is explain to your friends purpose of their life on this world. This life is very short, and now they have an opportunity to repent and please Allah, their creator. This life is a test, we are mere guests on a way to a final destination.

What you have been telling and doing for them is the best possible thing. Talking and helping people understand Islam is the biggest gift you could give them. Infact, if their parents never mention Islam and you do, then you are giving them a greater gift than even their parents could ever give them. Simply giving birth to children and letting them roam around without knowing Islam and without giving them guidance - whats the use?

Telling them about Islam is a gift of knowing their true existance, to worship Allah alone, to know who their Creator is and to inshaAllah be among those who will dwell in the paradise. To be amongst those people who will praise Allah and live in complete bliss and harmony. Those people whose homes will be made of peals and clothes the best of materials out of the tree called Tubah. But, the best reward of all for the people of Jannah will be to see the face of Allah and to prostrate down to him in love for him and to have the feeling of complete spiritual satisfaction - that you have understanding of your life on the world before and no more worries or pressures of any kind.

These people who ignore the message of Islam or dont understand why we are telling them to do the Halal and to believe in Allah fail to realise this. They are lost thinking about making the most of their time now, wasting it on futile relationships with the opposite sex, drugs, gambling, alcohol and so on. But, worse of all of these things is when they do not thank Allah and do their obligatory prayers, that is if they even believe in Allah.

All the Prophets sent to mankind would command their followers in the message of Islam, the message of Tawheed - to worship Allah alone.

I recommend you read the articles on this website, the following are really good>

Importance Of Tawheed And The Evil Result Of Neglecting It

The Importance of Aqeedah It Comes First...If They But Knew

Who deserves to be Worshipped Alone?

An Introduction To Tawheed And Its Divisions

Muslim Belief and the Declaration Of Faith

The Excellence of Tawhid

More Can be found here:
Fundamental Beliefs in Islam Tawheed and Aqeedah

There is no use if someone does not have a girlfriend or lives like a monk, but does not pray or believe in Allah.

So, the most important thing that we need to start with, for ourselves and for telling other people is Tawheed, understanding our purpose in life. From there once they understand these things, the other things such as the halal and haram (lawful and forbidden) - girlfriends, alcohol etc fall into place.

Also, there are good links here:

Who Is Allah?
What is a Muslim?
Proof of Allah's Existance from the Quran

Take care bro, remember we are your Muslim brothers and sisters! So if you have any questions or problems we will do our best to help you. And keep it up, it is good that you try and tell your friends to do good and to be good Muslims. That is all you have to do, if they dont listen that is not your problem. And remember to have patience :) Guidance is from Allah alone

wasalam