remember Me and I will remember you (2:152)

doctor38

Salam

How do we remember god and what does it mean? The word Thekr ذكر also means to glorify. Glorifying God is among the best and easiest things a Muslim can do. It can be done almost every where. It can be done while you are driving your car or waiting for the bus. It can be done in any language or even without a language. The prophet said to glorify god is better than to own every thing under the sun. Thekr and glorifying God was a practice of all of Gods profit as it is evident in the Quran.

The rewards are enormous and benefits can be felt instantaneously, during your life time and during the after life. the body of evidence in the Quran and Sunna is so big in support of this issue

So How to do it? and what to say?
simple

Thanks to God الحمد لله
Glory to God سبحان الله
God is the greatest الله اكبر
Seeking God forgiveness استغفر الله
لا حول ولا قوة الا بالله
No God except Allah لا اله الا الله

I would appreciate if we start discussing this issue further, as the topic is very big for a single post

Ahmed

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله و بركاته
thekr is one of the greatest worships , remembering Allah means that when we are in both , good + bad situations we thank Allah and remember him .

Thanks our doctor :)

Azizati

salam alikoum wa rahmatu Allhi wa barakatuh

the benefit of "istighfar" as Allah (swt) said in Surat Nuh (10, 11, 12)

فَقُلْتُ اسْتَغْفِرُوا رَبَّكُمْ إِنَّهُ كَانَ غَفَّاراً [/SIZE

-And I have said : Seek pardon of your Lord Lo! He was ever Forgiving .

يُرْسِلِ السَّمَاء عَلَيْكُم مِّدْرَاراً

- He will let loose the sky for you in plenteous rain

وَيُمْدِدْكُمْ بِأَمْوَالٍ وَبَنِينَ وَيَجْعَل لَّكُمْ جَنَّاتٍ وَيَجْعَل لَّكُمْ أَنْهَاراً

-And will help you with wealth and sons , and will assign unto you Gardens and will assign unto you rivers .

so brothers and sisters :astag: :astag: :astag: :astag: :astag: :astag: :astag:

salam alikoum

doctor38

In this post will quote verse of the Quran that talks about Thekr

وَالذَّاكِرِينَ اللَّهَ كَثِيرًا وَالذَّاكِرَاتِ أَعَدَّ اللَّهُ لَهُمْ مَغْفِرَةً وَأَجْرًا عَظِيمًا (( 33:35 translates to "and the men and the women who remember Allâh much with their hearts and tongues [1] Allâh has prepared for them forgiveness and a great reward"

كَيْ نُسَبِّحَكَ كَثِيرًا وَنَذْكُرَكَ كَثِيرًا (33 -20:34 This is Profit Moses PUH talking to God in the Quran and it translates to 33. "That we may glorify You much, 34. And remember You much"

33:41 يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اذْكُرُوا اللَّهَ ذِكْرًا كَثِيرًا وَسَبِّحُوهُ بُكْرَةً وَأَصِيلا . O you who believe! Remember Allâh with much remembrance. 42. And glorify His Praises morning and afternoon

8-45 وَاذْكُرُوا اللَّهَ كَثِيرًا لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ translates to "remember the Name of Allâh much (both with tongue and mind), so that you may be successful."

76-25 وَاذْكُرِ اسْمَ رَبِّكَ بُكْرَةً وَأَصِيلا وَمِنَ اللَّيْلِ فَاسْجُدْ لَهُ وَسَبِّحْهُ لَيْلا طَوِيلا translates to And remember the Name of your Lord every morning and afternoon And during night, prostrate yourself to Him (i.e. the offering of Maghrib and ‘Ishâ’ prayers), and glorify Him a long night through

19:11 فَخَرَجَ عَلَى قَوْمِهِ مِنَ الْمِحْرَابِ فَأَوْحَى إِلَيْهِمْ أَنْ سَبِّحُوا بُكْرَةً وَعَشِيًّا This is Prophet Zakatrya PUH talking to his followers and translates to 11. Then he came out to his people from a praying place and he told them by signs to glorify Allâh’s Praises in the morning and in the afternoon.

doctor38

Now point out immediate benefits for thekr in our daily life

1)If you are seeking peace and content in your heart

13-28 الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَتَطْمَئِنُّ قُلُوبُهُمْ بِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ أَلا بِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ تَطْمَئِنُّ الْقُلُوبُ 28. Translates to "Those who believed in the Oneness of Allâh, and whose hearts find rest in the remembrance of Allâh: verily, in the remembrance of Allâh do hearts find rest"

2)If you are seeking Physical and Spiritual Powerr

11-52 وَيَا قَوْمِ اسْتَغْفِرُوا رَبَّكُمْ ثُمَّ تُوبُوا إِلَيْهِ يُرْسِلِ السَّمَاءَ عَلَيْكُمْ مِدْرَارًا وَيَزِدْكُمْ قُوَّةً إِلَى قُوَّتِكُمْ وَلا تَتَوَلَّوْا مُجْرِمِينَ Which translate to "And O my people! Ask forgiveness of your Lord and then repent to Him, He will send you (from the sky) abundant rain, and add strength to your strength"

3) If you want to escape ALLAH's wrath during this life

8:33 وَمَا كَانَ اللَّهُ لِيُعَذِّبَهُمْ وَأَنْتَ فِيهِمْ وَمَا كَانَ اللَّهُ مُعَذِّبَهُمْ وَهُمْ يَسْتَغْفِرُونَ wich translate to 33. And Allâh would not punish them while you (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) are amongst them, nor will He punish them while they seek (Allâh’s) Forgiveness.

4) If you want to be rich and blessed with Children (I am cutting and pasting Azizati post)

the benefit of "istighfar" as Allah (swt) said in Surat Nuh (10, 11, 12)

فَقُلْتُ اسْتَغْفِرُوا رَبَّكُمْ إِنَّهُ كَانَ غَفَّاراً [/SIZE

-And I have said : Seek pardon of your Lord Lo! He was ever Forgiving .

يُرْسِلِ السَّمَاء عَلَيْكُم مِّدْرَاراً

- He will let loose the sky for you in plenteous rain

وَيُمْدِدْكُمْ بِأَمْوَالٍ وَبَنِينَ وَيَجْعَل لَّكُمْ جَنَّاتٍ وَيَجْعَل لَّكُمْ أَنْهَاراً

-And will help you with wealth and sons , and will assign unto you Gardens and will assign unto you rivers

5)If you want to avoid the life in poverty and hardship than remember god.

20:124 وَمَنْ أَعْرَضَ عَنْ ذِكْرِي فَإِنَّ لَهُ مَعِيشَةً ضَنْكًا which translates into "But whosoever turns away from My Reminder verily, for him is a life of hardship.

6) If you need help in your daily life to cope with you pressure and responsibility and you need strength to fact it all than do read the following.

In the Hadeeth Fatima the Prophet's daughter approached her father asking for a servant to help her at home. The prophet declined and at night he went to her room and told her "in bed before you sleep at night, Say '"Sobhan Allah W allhamdo li Allah 33 times and Allaho Akbar 34 times it is better than having a servant at home"