Return and Repent.

Abu Fauzi

As-Salaam alaikum,
In the Holy Qur'an, ayat 53, Surat Zumar, Allah Ta'ala says:--

''Say: O My servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of
the Mercy of Allah, for Allah forgives all sins for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful''.
(39:53)

If you have transgressed the limits on yourself with sins, as the ayat/verse says: asrafoo... with excessively too many sins... Allah is telling His Messenger, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, to inform us not to lose hope... laa taqnatoo min rahmatullah... do not despair of Allah's Mercy. Repent, seek His Forgiveness with lots of Istighfar... Innallah yaghfiru zunooba jamee'aan... Verily, Allah forgives all sins.
Ya-Ghafoor Ya-Ghafoor... Ya-Afoow. Allah likes His Servants to ask for forgiveness every moment in their lives.

And we should have good thoughts and expectations that He, azza-wa-jallah, will indeed forgive us. In a Hadith-Qudsi, He said: --

''Ana 'inda husni zhanna 'abdee bee... I am according to My servant's good thoughts of Me'' (Bayhaqi)

In view of this, whenever you have good thoughts, you will be saved and Allah will forgive you. If you have doubts, be careful as you cannot play here: either you have 100 per cent belief or you have shaky belief, the Heavens Balance can check it. If we commit sin(s), we should immediately repent, seek Allah's forgiveness with a sincere heart and intention not to go back to such sins... and we will find Him Most-Forgiving, Most-Merciful.