Riba- Interest

yakubpasha

Asak,

Do you have any document etc on how interest is bad for us ( from an economy stand point). Also i heard in a Khutbah that taking even a penny of interest money is worse than sleeping with your mother in public ( forgot the number, think he said 30 times or somehting). I havent heard this before, do you know of this hadith? i only heard about ALlah declaring war on people dealing with interest.

Any info on this topic would be appreciated

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
:salam2: Brother,

Below videos explain in very simple terms how interest based economy work and why it is so harmful.

[yt]vVkFb26u9g8[/yt]

Please see rest of th parts as well..

:wasalam:

shasha

Muslimah
Asalaam alaykum,

Thank you for sharing this video. I also watched the rest of the videos. Wow. This is a real eyeopener.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
brother,

Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "To devour one Dirham (currency) of Riba is worse than committing Zina (adultery and fornication) thirty-six times".[Ahmad and others].

Hadith reads: "Riba consists of seventy-three kinds of evil, and the least of them is like having sex with one's own mother" . [ Ibn Majah , al-Hakim and others].

1. if Allah has forbidden something, then its not necessary for us to know why. it must be for our own benefit as Allah is All-Wise Most-Merciful.

2. banks takes money frm us and give to others on interest. if the person is poor or cant make profit, still he has to pay higher amount. so its exploitation which can increase crime rate in society.

hope its clear now! :)

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
salaam,

I hope you won't mind me posting my question in your thread, but. I have a question on Riba. I took out the riba money from my bank account, and now I'm wondering who I can give it to. Can I give it to any poor person?

yakubpasha

Ws sister,

I dont mind at all. As far as i know, we can have a savings account only if there is no other option. eg checking account. The money that we get on these accounts should be given to the poor. We dont get any reward for this charity though

he Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the one who consumes riba, the one who pays it, the one who writes it down and the two who witness it, and he said, “They are all the same.” Narrated by Muslim, 1598, from the hadeeth of Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him).

Allah knows best

shasha

Muslimah
Asalaam alaykum,

I am a relatively new Muslimah (just converted 3 months ago). I used to be a Catholic. Although avoidance of usury is a teaching in the Bible, I honestly only learned about it recently when I entered Islam. It wasn't emphasized in Catholicism. So, I really want more light to be shed on this topic inshaAllah.

I watched the video posted above (plus the other parts of it) and from my understanding, opening an account in a bank helps a bank grant a loan. So, opening an account indirectly makes you connected to a loan granted meaning you help Riba to go on. Am I correct?

I don't have much Muslim friends, but, from the few that I now, they do have bank accounts and credit cards. So, I am confused. How about the brothers and sisters here? Do you have credit cards and bank accounts?

hassana elkoussi

Asalaam alaykum,

I watched the video posted above (plus the other parts of it) and from my understanding, opening an account in a bank helps a bank grant a loan. So, opening an account indirectly makes you connected to a loan granted meaning you help Riba to go on. Am I correct?

I don't have much Muslim friends, but, from the few that I now, they do have bank accounts and credit cards. So, I am confused. How about the brothers and sisters here? Do you have credit cards and bank accounts?

As-salamu alaikom dear sister,

Yes, you're correct, opening an account in riba-based banks helps riba to go on and, like the brothers said as per the Prophet's hadith, it's like committing fornication with one's mother. On the other hand, the Qur'an threatens in Surah Al Baqqara that whoever is involved in such transactions will be subject to a war waged by Allah SWT and his Prophet (PBUH) against them.
I wonder who on earth can stand this war!!! Dear Sister, since you're a new convert, I advise you not to judge Islam by the Moslems around you, coz not all Moslems are practicing ones- many of them prioritize their own interests over the commandments of Allah. As a way out, you'd better open an account in an Islamic bank and if you don't have any in the country where you live, then don't use the interest, but rather give it to the poor, bearing in mind we don't get rewarded for this charity- but probably getting rewarded inshaAllah for trying - as much as posiible- to follow Allah's orders.
As for credit cards, here's the fatwa of Sheikh Ibn-'Uthaymeen:

He replied: This transaction is haraam, because the one who enters it is committing to paying riba if he does not pay off within the time limit, and this is an invalid commitment, even if a person believes or thinks it most likely that he will pay it off in full before the time limit ends, because circumstances may change and he may not be able to pay it off. This has to do with the future and no one knows what will happen to him in the future. Such transactions are haraam. And Allaah knows best. End quote from Majallat al-Da’wah, no. 1754, p. 37.

Hope this helps:hearts:

shasha

Muslimah
As-salamu alaikom dear sister,

Yes, you're correct, opening an account in riba-based banks helps riba to go on and, like the brothers said as per the Prophet's hadith, it's like committing fornication with one's mother. On the other hand, the Qur'an threatens in Surah Al Baqqara that whoever is involved in such transactions will be subject to a war waged by Allah SWT and his Prophet (PBUH) against them.
I wonder who on earth can stand this war!!! Dear Sister, since you're a new convert, I advise you not to judge Islam by the Moslems around you, coz not all Moslems are practicing ones- many of them prioritize their own interests over the commandments of Allah. As a way out, you'd better open an account in an Islamic bank and if you don't have any in the country where you live, then don't use the interest, but rather give it to the poor, bearing in mind we don't get rewarded for this charity- but probably getting rewarded inshaAllah for trying - as much as posiible- to follow Allah's orders.
As for credit cards, here's the fatwa of Sheikh Ibn-'Uthaymeen:

He replied: This transaction is haraam, because the one who enters it is committing to paying riba if he does not pay off within the time limit, and this is an invalid commitment, even if a person believes or thinks it most likely that he will pay it off in full before the time limit ends, because circumstances may change and he may not be able to pay it off. This has to do with the future and no one knows what will happen to him in the future. Such transactions are haraam. And Allaah knows best. End quote from Majallat al-Da’wah, no. 1754, p. 37.

Hope this helps:hearts:

WOW! Thank you so much! Yes you definitely helped increase my knowledge about this teaching! :hearts: I didn't even know that Islamic banks exist! Thank you Thank you. Yes, I will not judge other Muslims by their actions. What they do and the logic of reasoning why they don't follow the Qur'an or Hadiths is between them and Allah subhana wa taala.

And, as for your advice, that's what I am going to do. Either open an account in an Islamic bank or use the interest that I get from my account from a non-Islamic bank for charity. MashAllah. Great advice. :hijabi:

JazakAllah khair! :hearts:

hassana elkoussi

do whatever u want...at the end of the day u cant escape riba anymore....everything is riba based nowadays.........

:salam2: brother,

I can't argue much about this, but at least let's prove to Allah that we've done our best and in this case Allah the Just will not punish us for things that can't be helped.

Btw I LOVE your avatar:biggrin: but why this pessimistic attitude????

Salam

hassana elkoussi

WOW! Thank you so much! Yes you definitely helped increase my knowledge about this teaching! :hearts: I didn't even know that Islamic banks exist! Thank you Thank you. Yes, I will not judge other Muslims by their actions. What they do and the logic of reasoning why they don't follow the Qur'an or Hadiths is between them and Allah subhana wa taala.

And, as for your advice, that's what I am going to do. Either open an account in an Islamic bank or use the interest that I get from my account from a non-Islamic bank for charity. MashAllah. Great advice. :hijabi:

JazakAllah khair! :hearts:

Wa iyaki dear shasha.:tti_sister: May Allah make things easy for you. Ameen

shasha

Muslimah
Wa iyaki dear shasha.:tti_sister: May Allah make things easy for you. Ameen

Thank you, hassana elkoussi. :hearts:

I just finished watching the other videos posted by yakubpasha. Very powerful talk and a real eye opener, too. The Sheikh in the video acknowledges that we may all be connected or allowing Riba to perpetuate in even the slightest way and if faced with this situation, it would be best to choose the lesser evil when making decisions and once you have a way out of Riba, go and take that way out.

I totally agree with this. If one has the intention and is doing the effort to try and get out of Riba, it is better that just giving up and tolerating Riba since everybody is doing it. I am not trying to offend anybody, I am just expressing my opinion on this. :hijabi:

Salaam!